Hello WSO community-
I work at a very reputable tech IB shop on West Coast (think MS menlo, CS tech, Qatalyst , BAML sponsors, JPM SF). I went through on-cycle this year but couldnt get any MF in NY interviews (maybe because I was in WC). My goal is to eventually work at a MF in NY.
I have two offers and I need to decide
- PE analyst position with a BB (Not GS) in their PE arm (Mostly direct or direct co-invest...no fof or secondary type investing). It would start after 1yr completion of my IB role.
- Lateral offer to top banking group in NY (always considered "the top" or "one of the top" on this forum...Places extremely well)
My goal is MF PE and I am concerned about what my options will be if I recruit during On-cycle again this upcoming November, which is effected by how Head hunters will think and PE funds will think about my cv.
Thank you for your input!!!
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.