Megalist - changes to NYC 2020 SA

NYC epicenter of covid positive cases. Post here of CHANGES to only NYC IB SA. We'll assume no changes. I'll try to update this list as more news come in. If you don't want to post, send PM.

AS of 3/29

BB/MM - No changes
Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Citi, BAML, Barclays Capital, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, UBS, Wells Fargo, Nomura, RBC, HSBC, TD Securities, Mizuho, Jefferies, BMO

EB - No changes
Blackstone, PJT Partners, Lazard Freres, Evercore, Moelis, Greenhill, Qatalyst, Centerview, Allen & Co, Perella Weinberg Partners., Rothschild, Houlihan Lokey, Guggenheim, Macquarie Harris Williams

As of 3/29, NYU housing

As of 3/29, Coronavirus NY stats:

Source: Covid Tracking

• NYC only: 30k positive. New York State: 52k positive, 10k hospitalized, 728 dead.

• 100% of the workforce must stay home, excluding essential services (IB not essential). No end date announced

• All non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason are temporarily banned (including IB activites).

No changes so far to any BB, EB, or MM just people throwing around false claims to rile everyone up.

How would you compare Jefferies to RBC/DB/Greenhill

Their email didn't seem as hopeful as some of the others posted here. No mention of alternative accommodations but very well may just be reading too far into it.

How is Mizuho and Nomura MM shops? I thought they were well below the traditional middle market form such as Wells

Relax? I literally just asked an objective question about the bank. Looks like we found the Mizuho analyst on this thread

Relax? I literally just asked an objective question about the bank.

wells isnt even traditional MM, can you please just go back to the summer 2021 thread?

This isn't helpful. My comment about Mizuho and Nomura has not been answered. You telling me they are on par with WF/HL/RBC?

Obviously not IB but im hearing LEK canceled summer internships and will give full-time offers to their entire intern class. Can anyone confirm?

I disagree, the timeline is too far off as of now to make any prediction. So much is changing every week. SA starts around early June I wouldn't be surprised to see offices resume as normal with some more distancing rules perhaps.

All internationals were dropped at Evercore(basically anyone needing to be sponsored).

I doubt thats true - kids at American schools who don't need to cross the border are probably fine. Its just the kids who go to Canadian schools who got fucked. Also FT kids are so far safe (last I heard)

Can confirm Lazard sent out an email that there are no changes as of now, but they are looking at contingency plans and will send an update on April 15th. Not sure what the update will be.

Intern in Other:
Can confirm Lazard sent out an email that there are no changes as of now, but they are looking at contingency plans and will send an update on April 15th. Not sure what the update will be.

Friend at Laz said her team has been onboarding FT analysts remotely. Not sure what approach Laz will take toward interns in this scenario but I would say remote internship is not out of realm of possibility.

Thanks for the info! I am just hoping we do not get a status update along the lines of “you are screwed”

BAML sent out an email to incoming 2020 Class. No lay offs. We will be paid on designated start regardless of work or not/communicated start date pre-virus. I think training will be virtual which is why they will pay us on our start dates.

I heard from a source high up inside BAML that internships across all divisions are highly being considered to be canceled. I can't say for sure as there isn't a notice that was given out yet, but hopefully that doesn't happen.

I heard about this as well, but only for programs based in NYC and Charlotte

Can you expand on this more. Was the source someone in HR? also did they say about other opportunities BAML may offer if this was to occur. Also, I think that if one bank does virtually they all will because it would look very poorly on that specific bank.

You are wrong. BAML sent out an email for FT class of 2020. We are good to go baby thank you mr Moynihan

Just to clarify, they aren't 100% for sure on it yet, but seems like they're definitely prepping for it if things continue on as they currently are. Also, not sure this adds any more legitimacy to it, but it was said at the virtual women's symposium yesterday, so if anyone else who was there wants to pitch in on what was said, go for it.

Any updates have heard a lot of people saying that a virtual internship is most likely a go for the summer heard from HR? Also, NYU housing is on for the summer with possible cancelation later,

Received an update on IB division, BB, NYC. Start date may be delayed, but program will happen with pay starting from original start date.

Well at least that confirms pay for most of us. Banks will tend to follow each other here I'd think.

honestly, I think they will. Really impressive of BAML to be the first though. Says a lot about the firm

since BAML sent that email, I think that BBs will follow and will be safe. what about MM IB? do you guys think MM will follow BBs in this too, or do you think MM responses could be different?

Mollitia sapiente ut voluptatem tempore. Delectus et fuga ea. Dicta consequatur nihil distinctio non nobis ullam voluptates distinctio. Sunt consequatur distinctio nihil magnam provident. Sit in alias dolor aperiam quibusdam. Vel iste dolor minima non ullam reiciendis commodi non.

Enim aliquid asperiores quia dolorum neque dolorem. Corporis explicabo laudantium architecto porro eos. Nobis non molestiae odit aut aut hic ex in. Placeat qui et quaerat aliquam.

Array

Repellat minima nulla quo corrupti. Qui nemo non quis tempore saepe inventore voluptatem.

Necessitatibus totam possimus beatae velit veritatis ipsa. Qui ab suscipit aliquid laboriosam quo. Est recusandae impedit ducimus perspiciatis molestiae libero porro consequatur. Animi dolor quis asperiores. Aliquam laboriosam vitae consectetur incidunt enim et nemo. Facere provident nihil non atque illum voluptas voluptatem.

Expedita ratione velit ducimus vel et. Officiis itaque alias iure. Eos et quo occaecati. Dolor perspiciatis pariatur sunt ut dicta corporis. Vel iste dolore repellat a sint. Dolorem suscipit culpa qui eius velit ut et. Non distinctio magni sed quo.

Laborum qui doloribus natus ad ipsum. Quia sit non vitae sit. Asperiores blanditiis saepe libero esse similique doloribus et voluptatibus. Deleniti aut sed et eos.

Ullam magnam maiores dicta. Et qui nulla fugiat praesentium quasi. Accusantium necessitatibus dolore suscipit et nesciunt eum natus. Officiis repellendus aspernatur repellendus rem vitae ea. Quasi maxime iusto nam fugit sunt.

Rerum sed temporibus dignissimos dolores rerum aut. Sapiente sunt magnam sequi officiis exercitationem. Dolores quia ut ut.

Sed sint incidunt deleniti distinctio ab. Eum autem officiis et consequatur pariatur eveniet sequi. Voluptatem aut repellat accusantium.

Et dolore numquam qui quasi animi necessitatibus aliquid. Laborum doloribus accusantium consectetur.

Voluptatem omnis eos eaque voluptatem unde sit aliquam minus. Aspernatur rerum omnis quibusdam aut quae ea ut. Magni molestiae ipsum fuga praesentium dicta fugiat.

Rem ut rerum aperiam distinctio velit atque amet. Minima aut aspernatur commodi qui. Eligendi iusto et expedita sit ea consequatur quo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”