A few days ago, the Canadian Wireless Code has been updated to prevent telecommunication companies from charging customers to unlock their device. As of December 1, 2017 all newly purchased cell phones must be unlocked for the customer. This regulation will cost Canadian telecommunication companies close to 40 million. This regulation was created to save Canadians money and to give people more control over their mobile devices.
- What are the repercussions of this? The major Canadian telecommunication stocks dropped very slightly due to this.
- How does this work in the US? Do all phones have to be unlocked?
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.