Comments (22)

Most Helpful
Jul 10, 2019

I haven't heard anything either... kinda freaking out bc ik from people currently there that interviews are "mid-late July." At this point am almost inclined to take this as a rejection? Would be very interested to know if anyone has heard back

Jul 13, 2019

The recruiter I talked to said "last few weeks of July in our offices, or on a Friday in late August"

Jul 18, 2019

OW does some early-action recruiting the summer prior to start. However, most intern recruiting happens during the typical summer intern cycle.

Jul 10, 2019

I think, all summer internship offers must remain open from January 10, 2020 to February 7, 2020.

Jul 10, 2019

I got invited to a series of summer webinars by OW. Maybe they'll discuss recruiting timelines during those?
Here are the upcoming ones:
- Monday 7/15, 7:30pm (EST): A day in the life of an Oliver Wyman consultant
- Monday 7/22, 7:30pm (EST): Acing the case
They are for everyone from rising sophomores to seniors, I think

Learn More

2,037 questions across 209 consulting firms. 11 Cases developed by a McKinsey Associate, 10+ hours of video. The WSO Consulting Interview Prep Course has everything you’ll ever need to ace your consulting case interviews. Learn more.

Jul 13, 2019

I got that two. The flier looks like its geared mostly towards rising seniors though

Jul 13, 2019

Anyone hear back yet? The recruiter I talked to said I "should" hear back within a week. That date expired yesterday.

Jul 14, 2019

Still no... I'm taking it as a likely rejection but idk. Strange they would say late July or late August (and not early August) though, decently large gap there

Jul 16, 2019

I had OW reach out to me in May telling me that they were opening their positions until June 23rd with their office visits open right before that. They did the same thing last year where they interviewed this early but will also be back for recruiting during the Fall as well.

Note: rising senior

Jul 16, 2019

Is this for full-time or for summer?

Jul 16, 2019

This was for summer of 2020 internships. When checking their website a few weeks ago however, they also had the FT roles posted as well. My guess is that like last year they'll be back in September/October depending on your university

Jul 16, 2019

Can rising juniors still apply for summer 2020 internships at OW?

Jul 17, 2019

Just got my official rejection! Hope things went better for all of u guys

Jul 17, 2019

Confused about the rejection -- haven't heard a single person who did get the interview. Anyone with better luck?

For context:
3.9+ GPA from a top public school (Michigan, UT Austin, UVA, UNC)
Two internships in the F100
President of the Consulting Club, etc.
Big 4 case competition winner x3
Networked moderately

Jul 17, 2019

Similar thing here. No idea who they gave an interview to based on people I've talked to. Can guarantee a lot of the people I talked to will interview with at least two MBBs come fall.

Jul 17, 2019

When did you hear back? I haven't even gotten an email yet.

Jul 17, 2019

Earlier this morning.

Jul 17, 2019

For what it's worth, I think OW's summer internship classes are fairly small since they can't really accommodate that many -- interns actually place quite a bit of strain on staffing and the project teams. The pipeline for full-time recruiting is significantly bigger and most people I knew who were even remotely qualified got interviews.

Jul 19, 2019

Also expected interview/was rejected, pretty surprised, but still a lot of mgmt consulting in intern pipeline

Jul 31, 2019

Would you guys mind sharing what other firms are currently recruiting for FT for mgmt consulting

Aug 6, 2019
Comment
Aug 12, 2019
Comment