Piper Sandler SA 2020 Updates

Does anyone know what is going to happen with the interns for SA 2020? The email they sent about delaying the start date sounded very vague. Does anyone have any insight about what else they might do if the internship can't be in person, such as a virtual program or FT offers? Thank you!

They just sent out an email saying that we will get paid for 6 weeks. Hopefully they will take the same approach as other banks and offer SAs a full-time offer.

They just sent an email stating that we will receive pay for 6 weeks. Hopefully they will take the same approach as other banks and offer SAs a full-time offer.

I'm curious about this too. Would the internship be different based on the location?

I am wondering about that too..just speculation, but in a way I feel like they might make one decision for all interns since all of the HR are based in Minneapolis/seems to be sending all info to all interns at once. if we can't do in person, do you think virtual internships and/or FT offers could be an option?

Does anyone know what the return offer rates were in the past? I think that would be a good indication of whether or not they would extend full time offers to everyone.

I was told once that they have room to take all of their interns, so it is up to the interns performance to determine whether or not they get a return offer/it is up to them to lose it

Well that’s good news. I feel like it’s definitely a possibility then.

Does anyone know when we will hear back about our group placement? Back in February they said we would hear back in April, so just wondering if anyone had any insight about when we should hear!

I have a deadline coming up for housing to cancel too. I'm hoping we will hear something soon like maybe this week, because I highly doubt we will be in the office this summer. If I don't hear anything by the housing deadline, I am just going to cancel it. In the off chance that we do end up in the office, it'll prob be easy to find other cheap housing anyway

Which office? Can confirm that if you are in the Minneapolis office there will be a ton of subleases available nearby due to UofM students moving home for the summer

Does anyone know when we can expect an update or does anyone have any inside info about what is likely going to happen with internships? Starting to get super nervous as it's May now..

Same here. Has anyone spoken with HR or any other employee within the company?

i thought we would hear something for sure this week since it's may now...but nothing yet. why do you guys think it's taking so long for an update/what do you think they are contemplating?

Eos recusandae id id voluptatibus sequi. Incidunt consequatur illo amet illo velit quos ea. Nesciunt aperiam eveniet quos officia dicta. Ab voluptatem ut voluptas.

Sequi aliquid aut incidunt ut inventore repellat eius. Quidem nam sint aliquam vel. Dolor sapiente rerum aspernatur deserunt qui voluptatem et. Quia sint fugit eum minima eos vero necessitatibus.

Quia minus in quidem. Recusandae reprehenderit ut qui. Ullam vel sed doloremque quo voluptatem tempora est aliquam. Quod architecto aliquid ut omnis. Repellat officia quo eum est reprehenderit eos. Blanditiis est sed nihil et itaque.

Debitis saepe vel nihil atque. Beatae et quisquam nam. Sunt expedita at vero minus. Quisquam ipsa ipsam qui dolor ad.

Ratione sint dolor unde distinctio dolore veritatis aut. Numquam explicabo corporis iste recusandae minima ex omnis tempore. Temporibus qui consectetur saepe sit molestias. Quia doloremque cum quas facere. Accusamus voluptatem quia est odit excepturi eum voluptatem. Explicabo ipsam officia sunt dignissimos eum sunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”