Preslink for Office 2007

Hello,

Does anyone have a copy of Dealmaven Preslink (specifically the application that allows you to link excels to .ppt; if the fastrack macro application is separate, I can do without it) that is compatible with office 2007? I moved jobs and tried installing the dealmaven productivity suite software that I had, but it will not work with office 2007. We don't use FactSet here, so I can't get the program through them.

Alternitively, does anyone know of any other software available that allows you to link excel to powerpoint and works in a similar fashion to preslink?

Thanks a lot.

qwertyater:
select the graph, then ctrl+c then ctrl+v? idunnolol

Yes, that is how you do a school project, in banking, preslink is amazing. Ok let's say you have 15 charts linked to some excel inputs. If you change one of those inputs, you have to manually copy-paste them into powerpoint (because of the new graphs)

However, with preslink, you can literally push "update" and all of the graphs on ppt will be updated. Genious invention. Also, it keeps the integrity of the format.

spinaltap:
are you joking?

alt e s then link it to the spreadsheet...

Wow, you are an idiot. Try linking a spreadsheet that links from Bloomberg to excel to a chart, then to powerpoint. You do not want to paste charts as links because if you have to change a font or something on a chart, the font shows up different on ppt.

Overall, its a pain in the ass when you are working on a book that has a bunch of charts and graphs. It is very clear by your comment that either a) you do not work in banking, or b) you have never used preslink...which means you don't work at a BB.

Anyway, I don't feel like waiting for our IT department to reboot my machine and install it, so if anyone has it please PM me.

alright jerkoff if you actually work any fucking where you would know that what your talking about takes a couple seconds of pasting in the factset files with the presslink, dealmaven add ins.

also, who the fuck has different dozens of different fonts on their spreadsheets, pps etc

enjoy your summer break

Best Response
spinaltap:
alright jerkoff if you actually work any fucking where you would know that what your talking about takes a couple seconds of pasting in the factset files with the presslink, dealmaven add ins.

also, who the fuck has different dozens of different fonts on their spreadsheets, pps etc

enjoy your summer break

I have no problem responding to incoherent posts, but the lack of intelligence does present a problem. Did you just change your mind and say that it takes a couple of seconds with preslink? Because I am pretty sure you said to paste-special-link before...

Also, FactSet sucks. I don't know why your "investment bank" doesnt use CapIQ, but I guess they do things differently at mom and pop shops.

Although M&A activity is spiking up this summer, rest assured I will find time to enjoy my summer "break" by giving you my business card at one of your information sessions (if we attend your school)..

Anyways, I got the add-ins already, so you can enjoy making your pitchbooks to a $2M company, by alt-e-link.

If anyone is looking for software that can help them format and visualise chart and table data in PPT or Word, export data from Excel into Powerpoint OR Word (MS Office any version) then www.PresentationSolutions.eu - a company HQ'd in UK with office in US - have got just the product. It is an off-the-shelf set of presentation tools that they fully customise to each clients corporate identity. The product was conceived by ex-JPMorgan and 3i professionals and can customised within a week, depending on the number of documents / presentation styles required.

If you guys can stop with your pissing contest, I really need this, too. I used PresLink but at my new company (no longer Wall Street) they don't have FactSet, but I need to be able to update tables and charts fast. Pretty please anyone know of any add-ins that do this?

Sed nam odio ea sapiente voluptate asperiores sunt. Et vero impedit et iusto sunt ea esse tempore. Amet iure corporis earum dicta dignissimos.

Qui sed enim veritatis ut ad beatae tempore quae. Dignissimos sapiente assumenda hic perspiciatis possimus.

Tenetur eius dolores doloremque suscipit culpa. Est debitis vitae mollitia dolores labore maxime. Quia quod in dicta reiciendis quas placeat impedit veniam.

Sint est iusto sunt eos cupiditate dolorem. Deleniti eos at necessitatibus consequatur reiciendis nisi. Sapiente reprehenderit consectetur sunt non ea officia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”