Been amused by the information I am getting from this forum so far, and I will like to get some insights from you on my situation as well.
I just graduated from a mid range college in the states. I double majored in Economics and Information System, my major GPA is 3.6 and my CGPA is 3.3. I wanted to get into Management Consulting, but I thought my background would not stand out from the applications so I did notthis year (I did regret about it though, should have submitted anyways). Nonetheless, I have now received some offers from the Big4 advisories, and will like to get some insights from you all. I will like to know which offer would better prepare me in the future if I still wanted to get into Management ConsultingMBB in 2-3 years.
So far, these are the offers I have received, and they are all full time positions in Hong Kong:
- Forensic Advisory
- - Cyber Security
- EY Risk Advisory - IT
Can you comment on each offers:
1) what are the exit opportunities
2) what are the chances on placing me into a better position to get into Management Consulting (ideally MBB)
3) Does working Deloitte Advisory help getting into Deloitte Consulting?
4) Will getting a CFA or a CPA help?
5) I am aware Big4 Advisories are not Management Consulting, so are there any additional work I can do to make my portfolio more attractive to MBB recruiters in the future? (Business school maybe?)
I guess it is also important to note that I am from Hong Kong, and this is why all the jobs I have applied to are in Hong Kong too. I know the industries' prospect, and the situation for each Big4 vary from country to country, city to city, but I would still like to know what you would have done if this scenario is in the US or UK, or anywhere else. Thank you in advance!