Q&A: Corporate Development and Investing Associate
As I've extracted great advice and wisdom from the community over the years, I figured I'd take some time to answer any questions for the community on my experience.
- School: Semi-Target / Large State School
- Degree: Finance w/ Honors
- GPA: ~3.9
- Relevant School Activities: School Student Hedge Fund
Internships / First Job:
- Sophomore: S&T @ MS /
- Junior: M&A @ / /
- First Job: 2yrs at M&A @ JPM / BofA / Citi
- Corporate Development & Investment Associate at media & entertainment focused investment holding company
- Day-to-day role: Evaluate new investment opportunities within the sector, work with portfolio companies that consist of wholly-owned entities and large minority stakes in public companies
- Focus on cable, media, sports, travel, ad tech, etc.
- Effectively a hybrid between a more traditional PE investing role and corporate development
- Role will be 2 and out, have not yet decided on b-school
Happy to answer any questions!
Want to work with me? Check out my profile here.