Q&A: Food-tech / Plant-based foods VC / incubator co-founder
- I'm a co-founder in a food-tech incubator and have been actively investing in food-tech for a year.
- Experience in both private equity and real estate
- Has worked at some of Asia's top funds, including PE industry leaders
- Uniquely has experience in both deploying and raising capital
- Holds MBA
- Graduated from a target school
The IPO of Beyond Meat is a testament to the massive opportunity of investing in the disruption of the food and agriculture system. We are actively investing in plant-based / vegan foods, clean meat (real meat grown in a lab using stem cells from animals), diabetic-friendly / low-sugar foods, insect protein, data-science as applied to food, and food-related IOT. We are now on our second cohort and are incubating the second dozen companies to go through our incubator.
Ask Me Anything
I saw that there was a lot of interest in the recent Beyond Meat IPO, so also happy to answer questions about that, about the difference between plant-based meats and clean-meats (stem cell derived), or other aspects.
Do you want a 1 on 1 mentoring session with me? Here's my mentor profile - click here.
WSO Podcast: Member @Earthwalker7"
For the podcast, I discussed my 15+ year career in investment banking and private equity in Hong Kong. My struggles trying to recruit in China after getting an MBA in the US, my stint in banking and what I wished I did, as well as one piece of key advice to my younger self. Hope you enjoy (listen below)!