Comments (207)

May 31, 2020 - 1:02pm

Just want to say if you're doing IB at Soc Gen, the only group with solid deal flow and exit opps is Lev Finance. They were doing really well in the MM space. For everything else, they're not doing that great.. However, you're still getting paid generously, working decent hours, and have 30 vacation days as an analyst.

Array

May 31, 2020 - 4:05pm

Does anyone know if SocGen has West Coast presence? It seems like they have a pretty decent sized shop in New York.

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients.

Dance like nobody's paying. Premium is free for the first 30 days.

Jun 4, 2020 - 1:26pm

Anybody know any info about project finance teams? Are they across the pond?

Spotify provides a range of investment banking, investment management, and securities services for our clients.

Jul 6, 2020 - 10:59pm

Anybody know about the process for NY?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 18, 2020 - 10:32pm

Anyone know if S&T apps are out? or if they even have a S&T program

Most Helpful
Sep 7, 2020 - 12:52pm

Was given this by the HR.

The Summer Analyst Program general timeline is as follows:

Ø  End of July: 2021 Summer Analyst Application opens.

Ø  Early October: 2021 Summer Analyst Application closes.

Ø  Early – Mid October: First round phone interviews begin.

Ø  Mid – Late October: Superday's: in-person/virtual interviews in a speed networking format. Each candidate typically has 3 interviews.

Ø  Early June 2021: 2021 Summer Analyst Program begins.

Sep 7, 2020 - 1:14pm

Protect this man at all costs. This is so helpful thank you

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 7, 2020 - 11:25pm

After submission, confirmation email says if you don't hear back in 3 weeks, to assume you've been dinged? does this apply to us?

Oct 9, 2020 - 4:32pm

i just got that email sent to my inbox today too...i guess it's a sign that interview invites may be extended soon 

Finance

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 10, 2020 - 6:07pm

from nyc- question i have is whats soc gen most known for and how is their structure in terms in industry groups

Oct 13, 2020 - 12:05pm

does this mean anything or nah

Array

Oct 13, 2020 - 2:11pm

same here as well...it looks like the same email verbatim

Finance

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 13, 2020 - 8:49pm

i got an email saying they are revewing it

Oct 19, 2020 - 2:26pm

reached out to an analyst and seems like HR is just really really slow with the application reviews...hopefully, they reach out by the end of this month.

Finance

• Prospect in RE - Other
Oct 20, 2020 - 6:07pm

Did your app move from "under consideration" to "processing" or did you get a second email a couple of days ago about them reviewing your application?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 20, 2020 - 6:21pm

they sent an email about them reviewing, and the app said "under consideration" and checked couple days after "processing" an week and two later got inv

Oct 20, 2020 - 7:03pm

no one i know who applied has heard back yet. I guess they might be sending invites throughout this week.

Finance

Oct 22, 2020 - 12:33pm

Has anyone else been contacted about interviews? My app still says "Application Received"

Finance

• Intern in RE - Other
Oct 22, 2020 - 10:33pm

Sophomore here, can confirm Prospect in IB-M&A up above. Was also notified of screening calls being next 2 weeks and final round being 11/4

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 22, 2020 - 11:09pm

yup, just curios i thought the internship was for juniors

• Intern in RE - Other
Oct 22, 2020 - 11:40pm

Saw in an older forum post (~2013) that they took sophs. Decided to throw my hat in the ring not knowing if that still holds true (ended up getting to screening round so maybe?)

Oct 26, 2020 - 2:17pm

have not heard a thing back and I networked extensively with the bank.

Finance

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Oct 26, 2020 - 8:11pm

I got an invite for a 1st round phone interview today. I go to a southern target (Duke/Vandy/UVA) and did not network that much with the firm. Had to decline the invite because I've already accepted another SA offer

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Nov 4, 2020 - 4:48pm

Anyone know when we'll hear back about the superday?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Nov 16, 2020 - 4:58pm

I got an email saying the review of your application is ongoing and has caught our attention. No idea what that means

Nov 16, 2020 - 8:55pm

know Soc Gen well from lev fin / loan capital markets side, and the types of deals they left lead n right lead, etc.

Happy to provide more insight offline to ppl if things get serious.

quickly - here's a recent deal they're right lead on - 1-800 contacts LBO. article is from Oct 16 

1-800 Contacts revises tranching on LBO financing, slashes 2L margin to L+675; recommitments due at 2 p.m. ET

• A Morgan Stanley- and KKR Capital Markets-led arranger group finalized terms of the first- and second-lien buyout financing for 1-800 Contacts, cutting pricing on the second-lien term loan, firming pricing on the first-lien tranche at the tight end of guidance and revising tranching to upsize the first-lien tranche by $50 million, sources said. The upsize to the first-lien reduces the second-lien tranche by $25 million, the equity check by $15 million, with the remaining $10 million to be placed as cash on the balance sheet, sources said.
  • Recommitments are due at 2 p.m. ET, with allocations expected thereafter.
  • The second-lien was flexed down to L+675, with a 0.75% floor and a 99.5 OID, versus original guidance of L+750-775, with a 0.75% floor and a 99 OID.
  • Pricing on the first-lien was finalized at L+375, with a 0.75% floor and a 99.5 OID, which represents the tight end with respect to both the margin and OID. The former launched at L+375-400 and the latter at 99–99.5. Also, the arrangers added a 25 bps step-down at 5x net first-lien leverage. 
  • Morgan Stanley is left lead on the first-lien and KKR is left lead on the second-lien tranche. They are joined by Jefferies, UBS, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Mizuho, MUFG and Credit Agricole CIB as bookrunners. Morgan Stanley will be administrative agent on the first-lien loan and KKR will be administrative agent on the second-lien tranche, sources added.
Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

LETS FKING GO BOYS
+133IBby Intern in Corporate Finance">Intern in CorpFin
You Did it Citi
+120OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 2 in IB - Ind
HELP: Sticky Situation with Boss
+110OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
Idgaf anymore
+31IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
Anyone else just want out of this shit?
+29IBby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Generalist">Analyst 2 in IB - Gen
Evercore Target Schools?
+26BSCHby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
To Snitch or not to Snitch?
+20OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 2 in IB - Ind

Total Avg Compensation

March 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (31) $349
  • Associates (162) $231
  • 2nd Year Analyst (97) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (92) $144
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (23) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (370) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (306) $82

Leaderboard See all

LonLonMilk's picture