It isn't most people here and if it isn't you then disregard this, but there is a large population of this site that loves to complain about how hard they work or how investment banking is broken or how they aren't sure they can do it anymore. It reads like the lot of you forget that this is a choice. Nobody is making you be a banker or work long hours that is your choice. If you don't want to do it quit your job and go do something else instead of complaining on an internet forum about the hours or the effects it has on your life. There is no way that could have any benefit to you. Damn you could almost say if you spent that time doing something useful instead of complaining you would have less to complain about. It feels like a lot of people on this site forget this is choice(maybe even a privilege) not a punishment.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Income inequality, a topic that gets discussed a lot here.
I've been reading up on it, namely books and a lot of articles. Would like to hear other's thoughts on it.
My main thought is, would it be unavoidable? I feel there are two classes of people with money. Basically,...+49 by ironman32 in OFF
- I've found that having a routine and doing certain things have made me much happier and more productive at work. It could be anything, for example things I do that I think would benefit everyone are: read, work out, listen to podcasts instead of music and journal.
I'm trying to...+35 by tudorg in OFF
- My first big break was back in freshman year, I managed to cold call the head of investment banking at X bank. Managed to impress him enough to say he would help in pushing my resume for an interview for that year's internship. But never got the internship nor interview for the summers...+26 by kyleluck in IB
- Just wanted to start a conversation as it's something I ponder almost every day and I'm sure many of you have valuable perspectives+23 by pablo escobartard in OFF
- For deals that aren't going exactly as planned, what's an LP to do? I'm curious if anyone has examples of when LP's have had a positive influence on the ultimate outcome of a project, even if they were just pref equity and didn't have much legal standing in the operating...+23 by wso_4 in RE
- This post is for the nonlinear career trotters - All the paper perfect ivys to IB or Consulting can skip this thread unless you have some value to provide.
But to the nonlinear career trotters, curious what your trajectories have looked like? Has anyone ever taking a job completely...+17 by Venturepapi in JOB
Below is an AMA podcast + some key takeaways on fundraising for PE and HFs.
I was in-house IR at a couple PE shops (1 successful, 2 not) and was head of cap intro at a BB ibank.
What questions do you have for me?
I'll do my best to cover / answer them all.
WSO...+14 by earthwalker7 in PE
- What books do you recommend!?
Name any of your top picks - finance related or not.
* Venture Deals - Brad Feld (Great for VC)
* Prince of Tides - Pat Conroy (literally nothing to do with finance just a great book- sad tho)
* Straight to Hell by John Lefevre (stories from a...+13 by isa2130953 in IB
I’m new to the WSO community and received an email to do an AMA. I’ll be honest, I rarely open myself up to anyone in person, much less online. But, I do this in the spirit of paying it forward. Hopefully my journey can help others in this community.
Brief background: BS...+13 by Rogue_Pogue_Monkey in BSCH
- I've been questioning my path recently. I'll be applying for full time positions soon and there's part of me that isn't 100% sold on what I am doing. It feels like it is the right path but I know there are so many other paths out there.
For me, if I hadn't spent so...+12 by tudorg in OFF
IB Resources See all
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jun15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jun18Podcast: How to be time rich -- Camille Holden -- 6/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jun19Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 6/19-6/218:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jun19WSO Boston Meet Up: Wed 6/19, 630-830pm, The Alley Bar6:30 EDT Boston, MA
- Jun19WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 6/19, 7pm, The Bungalow In Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica,, CA