Just had a quick question regarding switching industry focus within the corporate development space.
For example: if I was working in an entry-level corporate development position (Analyst/Sr. Analyst) within let's say Aerospace/Defense, then tried to switch into the corporate development arm of a F50 Tech firm WITHOUT an MBA, would that be feasible? I know that a lot of the due diligence/valuation/basic finance skills are transferable, but would it be tough to break into another industry because of lack of industry knowledge? If the answer is YES, then:
- Would an MBA even help make a difference?
- What steps would I take to eventually get into tech corp dev at that point?
Financial Modeling Course
- Get An Edge For Your Interviews & Finance Career
- The Best (and Most Affordable) Financial Modeling Self-study Courses.
- WSO Members receive a 15% discount