Thomson Reuters Pricing Services Internship Interview?
Hi guys, I have a superday there tomorrow. Dose anyone have idea what sort of questions I should expect them to ask, any general tips, and whether this is good experience for ib? Also, I will be coming from outside the city so how long should I expect morning subway commute to be (around 9)? What should I bring with me to the superday (I was just thinking a folder with paper/resumes).
job description is below
Thomson Reuters Pricing Service provides real time and validated end of day evaluated prices on over 2.4 MM securities. Our staff consists of over one hundred and fifty fixed income professionals in New York, Toronto, London, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney. Coverage includes sovereign debt, corporate debt, convertible securities, bank debt, mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, municipal securities, derivatives, and structured notes.
Summer analysts will rotate throughout 2 or 3 predetermined Thomson Reuters Pricing Services groups -- e.g. Data, Muni, Corporates, High Yield, Derivatives, Regulatory, and Structured Finance such as RMBS, CMBS, CDOs. Analyst will also participate in seminars (teach-ins on specific topics, social/networking events TRPS organization, etc.).
• Ideal candidate either has a minimum of 2 years coursework completed towards a bachelors/masters degree program focused in Business, Finance, Mathematics, and/or Computer Science.
• An "in-progress" advanced degree is a plus.
• History of academic excellence.
• Strong analytical reasoning.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A demonstrated interest for a career in Financial Services.
• Expert level Excel skills and strong MS Office skills.
• Knowledge/experience in VBA, SQL, C++, Perl and Java preferred.