Although I don't believe in marriage (on the notion of there being "too many fish in the sea" to spend years with just 1 girl), that's not the topic here. Who knows, given how much certain girls are drawn to me (fml), I may get married one day. Parents will finally get their miniature annoying blobs of crying flesh (sorry, I mean to say baby grandchildren).
So let's cut to the questions I (along with my fellow single monkeys) may be curious about:
*married monkey responses only
1) General background info - How long have you been married for? Is your wife a stay at home?
2) How much did you tell her (about your job, finances, debts, etc) BEFORE marriage?
4) After marriage, separate or joint accounts?
5) Irrespective of answer to #4, any hidden assets in personal accounts she is unaware of?
6) If you answered no to #5, have you at least considered? (why / why not?)
Personally, I have nightmares over the notion of disclosing all my assets to my future significant other.
It's not like I'm a trust fund baby -- it's the notion of having the utmost discretion.
Works the other way too. If she's a trust fund baby, good for her. I don't need to know about it.
A relationship should be based on mutual love (however temporary), while all else serve as distractions.
Don't get me wrong, the best wives are the ones who stay at home and don't work -- the ultimate symbol of femininity. Taking care of her and the children is something I'd enjoy (as long as she provides happiness in return). But the nitty gritty details of how much a husband makes, has stored away in other accounts, etc isn't (and shouldn't be) the worry of a model wife.
What are your thoughts?