Upcoming Films for 2015

Let's keep a running list going. Here are the movies so far, most promising only. Let's leave out the superhero stuff please.

The Martian
Knight of Cups
Irrational Man
Joy
Aloha
Tomorrowland
Spectre
St. James Place
In the Heart of the Sea
Black Mass
The Revenant
Crimson Peak
The Hateful Eight
That's What I'm Talking About
Midnight Special
Inside Out
Sisters
Legend
The Walk
Everest
Pawn Sacrifice
Regression
Kingsman
The Sea of Trees (tentative)
Demolition (tentative)
The Light Between Oceans (tentative)
Silence (tentative)
Carol (tentative)
Trumbo (tentative)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Terminator: Genisys
Star Wars VII
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
Jurassic World
Mad Max: Fury Road
Entourage

Best Response
Going Concern:

I like the Terminator series as well but I'm wary of any sequel in general. I can only think of a handful of sequels that have actually been really good, with the The Dark Knight being a recent example

You could argue T2 falls into that category as well.

This series def went off the tracks with 3 and 4 so I guess I'm just hoping they can find a way to bring it back and end it in a way wraps up the story well. At the end of the day, I'm old enough to really care about these films which probably is not the case for most of the people on this board today. I'm also a huge Arnold fan so this being his real signature role, I'm hoping he can close out this series in a good way and not an embarrassing way.

CKN:

Let's leave out the superhero stuff please.

So you're leaving The Avengers off the list but keeping The Hunger Games on?

More than a bit ridiculous. Superhero movies are great fun.

Anyhow, my addition is the new Bond movie, Spectre. Daniel Craig always delivers and Skyfall was amazing.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

Looking forward to Tomorrowland; the trailer showed a lot of promise and Brad Bird has done some great work. Inside Out also looks interesting. Maybe MI:5? I like Tom Cruise as an actor (crushed it in Edge of Tomorrow and the last MI) but it will be hard to follow up the last MI, plus no Brad Bird. I saw Kingsman last week and I'm pretty sure it'll be in my top 5 for 2015, so entertaining.

I've updated the list with people's suggestions so far and added two more of my own

Sea of Trees seems very promising, hope it comes out this year. Directed by the guy who made Good Will Hunting and starring Matthew Mcconaughey

Demolition is by the guy who made Wild (my favorite from 2014) and is about an investment banker played by Jake Gyllenhaal

I'm reviving this thread because I just saw the trailer for The Revenant.

This movie looks breathtaking. The cinematography is world-class. Also, the source material, the life of Hugh Glass, is just epic. Really looking forward to this one.

I watched it last night. There are two ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. 1.) The amount of critics that gave it a "fresh" score vs. "rotten" score. 2.) The average score the movie was given. Mad Max received a 97% fresh score but an 8.7/10 rating.

That being said, I think an 8.7/10 is an appropriate rating for the movie. It was non-stop, in your face action that kept me entertained for 2+ hours and my eyes glued to the screen. There was no some sappy love story that was built into it, no B.S boring dialogue, just pure action.

Non voluptatibus velit quaerat nihil aliquid consequatur. Sit delectus vitae occaecati est exercitationem. Ut molestias omnis sit sit.

Voluptatum laudantium eveniet officia aut inventore perferendis hic. Dolorem ut qui fugiat aut. Velit itaque dolor aut. Nesciunt neque quos et. Eum sit qui magni officia magnam autem optio doloribus. Aut neque reprehenderit ipsa blanditiis quam harum ut sed.

Aut molestias autem soluta necessitatibus ipsa et et. Voluptatum totam et at eveniet ex. Et ab quisquam reprehenderit mollitia repellendus. Laborum nesciunt eos sed quos.

Exercitationem consectetur a labore rerum in. Temporibus eos in corrupti voluptatum laboriosam veniam ad. A sed dolor impedit temporibus exercitationem. Vitae omnis nulla amet nostrum quo deleniti.

Aut distinctio vel numquam quia dolores laborum. Accusamus vel odio cum quod expedita repudiandae eius facilis. Harum neque veritatis est et mollitia.

Ea et error qui eos reprehenderit nam. Architecto omnis nemo accusamus voluptatum iste. Maiores est molestiae et pariatur. Repellat asperiores itaque tempore accusantium tempora est.

Ea sunt impedit ut. Consequatur deleniti a numquam iusto fugit. Et aspernatur vel quo aut expedita numquam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”