Hate to do it but hoping to get some responses from graduates/people familiar with both schools. Interested in studying finance undergrad but at Vandy would do Econ. Not sure what I want to do after graduation but want to have the option to go into banking/consulting if that is my interest. I was admitted to McCombs (OOS and no BHP) this spring. I'm leaning heavily towards UT and have loved the school on all of my visits. However, I got into Vanderbilt off the wait list yesterday and obviously have to consider it due to its overall academic superiority. I probably prefer the culture of UT Austin a bit more, and I don't care about the "prestige" of my degree in the eyes of others. I just want to go to the school that is going to give me the best job opportunities and college experience. Thankfully cost is not a worry, but it is worth noting that UT will be cheaper. I would love if anyone could contribute any opinions about the decision or any facts/figures regarding recruitment out of both schools. Thank you all.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- At EB Right now. It's already 9pm talked to analyst who told me I'll be working until 2am on average (including today). I've been "reading" the compliance book since 2pm since there's not a lot to do on my first day.
I think I fucked up and chose the wrong...+85 by EUROPETARGET in IB
- Hopefully this guide will save monkeys some money and avoid the fuckups I made. Basically, you can score expensive $$$ clothing for way way less than what you would think. This doesn’t mean cheap, but it does mean you should be able to find $8000 suits for ~$700 - $1200 by the time you finish...+28 by m_1 in FASH
- Holy shit.
I will edit my post with my thoughts, opinions, ideas, expectations, and predictions after I think about this. What did you guys think? One thing is for sure.. we now know how that coin landed.
***Fire away***+24 by champagnepaki in OFF
- "The College Board plans to assign an adversity score to every student who takes the SAT to try to capture their social and economic background, jumping into the debate raging over race and class in college admissions.
This new number, called an adversity score by college admissions...+23 by Max Heiliger in OFF
- Update: Before you throw MS please read this to see where I was coming from when writing this:
Examples of what I meant using sports:
Example 1) "Running is 1 for me because its a solo sport and football last because I don't like contact sports"
Example 2)...+18 by isa2130953 in IB
- WSO was a great source for me at the beginning of my career. Figured it is time to give back.
* Graduated from a non-target school with a 3.5 GPA
* Spent 3 years at a BB bank in Leveraged Finance
* Currently, at a value oriented credit hedge fund, investing in...+17 by Value892 in HF
- Hey all,
This site has been a big help to me over the years and I wanted to see if there's anyone out there I can help by answering some questions.
* Lower/middle class from the southern US, first generation
* Started out at a semi-target in STEM , finished my...+16 by GibbonAwayNow in IB
- Heard from a peer on the street, wondering if anyone could verify? The policy on comp is the one that has me making this post.
1. Seniors are jumping ship like crazy right now
2. It is an absolute sweatshop nowadays for analysts
***3. Any year's bonus must be paid back if you...+15 by champagnepaki in IB
Private Equity Infrastructure Funds, Secondaries and Co-investments
Experience in Institutional Asset Management & Investment Research (Mutual funds)
CFA Completed | European Financial Advisor Charterholder
Excel financial modelling (VBA)
Telecom & Financial Services...+11 by truelondoner in PE
- Hi Monkeys:
So I've been out of finance game in a direct capacity for a few years now (made a transition to software development). I'm assuming the tools of the trade for everyday work are largely the same as they were when I was in IB / PE (e.g. Excel for analysis and Powerpoint...+11 by labanker in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May21Private Equity Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/21-5/228:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- May21Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Toronto, 5/21-5/238:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- May21Podcast: The appeal of tangible investments -- Alda Dennis -- 5/2112:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May24Cincinnati Finance Professionals - Happy Hour 8:00 EDT Cincinnati, OH