Most Helpful

It's mainly for people who are looking to invest in single family homes or start wholesaling single family homes.

There are a few forums for commercial real estate on Biggerpockets, but that is mostly focused on multifamily and smaller multifamily to be specific. There are a handful of active multifamily syndicators on those foums, but in general they are the bottom feeders of the industry. It might be a good place to get started if you have no RE experience, but for the most part the sponsors and opportunities there are very low quality.

Funniest

second picklemonkey. There are some really stupid people on there. However, if you skim a thousand paragraphs on there and mentally aggregate everything you've read and take the entire pile of shit with a massive grain of salt, there is a chance that a good chunk of it is worth more than zero.

Edit: I guess you were looking more at sourcing deals so the following is not as relevant, but maybe it could help someone anyways.

The podcast is great for my wife. She started from 0 and the podcasts have helped her get an understanding of the basics. If I were to die tomorrow (I know, that escalated quickly), she would be able to speak intelligently on investment and have a framework to build passive income. For the beginners, the podcast is gold.

I think its really underrated. I second what everyone was saying about the forum, there's lots of people who just finished Rich Dad Poor Dad and watched a Tai Lopez video and think they're now Jonathan Gray and Sam Zell combined. But the podcasts are great. There are people who have 7 figure net worths off of small deals, 1-4 units a piece. Its not very sexy, but owning a ton of units out in a city that nobody has heard of that cash flow well for you can be a road to success. Sure, BiggerPockets won't prep you for a job at Starwood, but it is useful nonetheless.

“The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.” - Nassim Taleb

Site consists of:

• 90% of people with no money asking about things such as no money down deals or trying to flip a townhouse in their market. These people are still trying to learn and still don't know the basics.
  • 7% that are doing pretty decent on projects and are continually buying
  • 3% in the upper echelon that are syndicators or BSDs. They have a ton of projects going on in specific markets. They may be the people you hear about dominating a mid size city.
Array

Bumping this - started listening to biggerpockets podcasts on YT recently as I've been interested in learning about getting involved in my small hometown market. Any other resource recommendations to keep going on the learning front?

Aut incidunt nam qui dolores. Et earum consequuntur distinctio voluptatum delectus vel qui. Est quos corrupti mollitia et ea esse. At eveniet eveniet explicabo quam sit et. Voluptates doloremque vitae et sint nam quasi.

Mollitia architecto doloribus impedit corporis aut reiciendis consequatur molestias. Esse quibusdam laborum iste dolor quod fugiat in rerum. Odit molestiae soluta harum est sunt. Quasi suscipit adipisci nihil voluptatibus. Hic et consequuntur omnis quidem. Earum et non iusto natus ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”