For December and January I will be interning (off the books) at a family wealth-management firm on the west coast. I'm a freshman mathematics major, with experience in many& , Bloomberg, and Python. What should I expect to see in the day-to-day operations at the firm (~5B AUM)? And how can I best position myself to come away with meaningful connections and err away from the potential disregard for my capacity or usefulness-I'm assuming I'll have limited opportunities to provide meaningful insight-due to my age and the notion that it was nepotism that allotted me this opportunity?
Hi Anonymous Monkey, upload your resume and land a job
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+99 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Takeaway message:
Piper Jaffray (PJC) is a massive sweatshop. Probably one of the worst MMs for work/life balance from what I’ve seen and heard. Imperial Capital is the only other MM bank I’ve heard that is worse, and I guess Lincoln now that somebody died.
Created...+87 by PJC Truther in IB
- There are plenty of posts on here about whether or not IB or other finance jobs are "worth it." However, I haven't seen many posts on whether or not people on here think that they're worth all of the benefits that come from top finance jobs (high salary, great exit opps,...+58 by ptm24 in OFF
- Liquor, hash, Mary Jane, Molly - what's your preferred substance when it comes to taking the edge off or making things just interesting enough?
I've gone through a few, including all of the above, a few hallucinogens, some experimental stuff that is said to be produced by the brain...+46 by Kassad in OFF
- WF crushing it, just saw this on WSJ. Expensing meals early is apparently a fireable offense at Wells. https://www.wsj.com/articles/wells-fargo-fires-bankers-amid-probe-of-dinner-receipts-that-were-allegedly-doctored-1535637745+36 by NuclearPenguins in IB
- Over the past few years I have noticed a notable amount of misinformation related to the GS SLC IBD program on this site. Given the amount of recruiting momentum (currently ~100 front office bankers in SLC and new classes of ~40 analysts each year), I wanted to create this detailed post and...+34 by KD's Burner Account in IB
- Once and for all - Here is the best guidebook I can give you for PWM/PB at the Associate level. Enjoy and show me some love...
1.1 What is Private Wealth Management?
1.2 Who is a High Net Worth Investor?
1.3 Industry Today
1.4 Career Paths within Private Wealth Management
1.5 How to...+32 by navyrugby in AM
- I’ve been getting quite a few questions on what a typical day in the life is like at a physical trading shop. Other members of this website were very helpful in giving me an idea of what the field is like so now that I’ve “broken in,” I’d like to pay some of that forward.
Part of...+29 by GoodBread in TR
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Sep15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Sep17Webinar: Biotech/Pharma Consulting Case Study -- 9pm ET, 9/17/189:00 to 11:00 EDT Online
- Sep18Podcast: Having conviction and no plan B -- Brian Garrett -- 9/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online