So I know this topic is kind of taboo - every shop is different in what they wear. For us, its basically everything except a suit jacket if you are just in the office, and then we throw on the jacket for meetings. If I am in the field (development guy) I even run with jeans and a jacket with boots. For my office days, I typically do the crew sweater in the winter over the shirt, which I hate because I keep taking it off and on. I'd like to switch to some kind of light jacket instead of the sweater. What are some good options that are not super casual but not ultra formal? Lots of guys in the City do the vest - I can't do that. What is the best option - some kind of North Face/Patagonia bomber/shell jacket? What are you guys doing? It can't be anything too warm - like I said I am on West Coast so its never reaaallly cold. This is just for early mornings mostly.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- If you can, read the whole story. Anyone out there that's gone through tough shit, heads up and never give up!
My living situation as a child
I was born in a third world country (middle east), very (and I cannot stress this enough) shitty living conditions. Dirt roads, little food,...+239 by BigTuna5 in IB
- Sans Trump and his legionaries, feels like most are ready for a slight contraction right before things consolidate. Markets are up despite the inverted yield curve, but things are almost certainly likely to get worse before they get better, right?
Trump goon Moore could barely even deny...+81 by iBankedUp in OFF
- Did anyone see this story that just came out? Stud first-year out of NYU charged with insider trading. The idiot bought calls on EFI right before their acquisition by Siris Capital. What a fucking moron, only made $100K as well.+75 by SeekingTheta in IB
He was on suicide watch for months. That means they would have constant eyes on him. They would make sure his cell is pretty much bare of anything he could use to self harm. How the fuck...+35 by 2733278823 in OFF
- **UPDATE: APPLICATION FORM IS OPEN NOW!!!!...and closing soon (phone invites starting to go out this week)**
Fellow WSO Primates, I've been thinking of how we've been putting out a ton more AMAs + podcasts, etc lately and I want to double down on that since it seems like it's...+34 by WallStreetOasis.com in OFF
- I saw this post on Glassdoor and can confirm this is 100% true. Do not be blinded by the positive reviews as Justine (the MD) forces her employees to write them.
-Terrible culture with toxic work envirnoment
-Employees are “highly encouraged” (i.e. forced) to leave artificially positive...+32 by john.smith_3 in IB
- [The great porn experiment | Gary Wilson | TEDxGlasgow](https://youtu.be/wSF82AwSDiU)
What do you think about the growing online movements like noFap and the fact that by the time a kid is 12 he's seen more naked women than men would see...+20 by Bizkitgto in OFF
- What I heard was Nate Paul's company World Class Capital in Austin is getting raided currently. Anyone know anything?+18 by lux21 in RE
- Hello All,
Long time lurker, but I've had an event at work happen and would like to hear what others would do. I work in a GSE underwriting/production role
In the late fall of last year, my manager of 3 months was let go. I wasn't sure of the reason, just that my big boss asked...+17 by Chicken Pot Pie in RE
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Aug16WSO Boston Meet Up: Fri 8/16, 630-830pm, Trillium Garden6:30 to 8:30 EDT Boston, MA
- Aug16WSO Chicago Meet Up: Fri 8/16, 630-830pm, Headquarters6:30 EDT Chicago, IL
- Aug17WSO DC Meet Up: Sat 8/17 1pm, Vapianos1:00 EDT Washington, DC
- Aug21Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/21-8/238:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug21WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 8/21, 7pm, The Bungalow (Santa Monica)7:00 EDT Online