How likely would a BB hire me to WFH for the first year?
Hey guys,
So I've got myself in a weird position. Been recruiting with a BB Private Bank in Chicago to join as an analyst, but since COVID started, I've put recruiting efforts on hold with them since hiring had halted for so long. Now that reopening is in full-swing, I am not able to make the move to the city for another year (supporting girlfriend where we live as she completes her last year of school program and have a lease until Summer 2022).
I've been told that a few roles will be opening really soon at the BB. My question is, how likely would they be willing to hire me and let me work from home until next summer? They're obviously used to analysts working from home for the last year, so I'm wondering if they'd take a chance with me as well. I'm very well connected with a couple dozen people there, ranging from analysts, associates, bankers, EDs, etc., so hoping they'd be considerate, but I wanted to throw a feeler out there to see if others in the industry had any thoughts on my situation. Anything helps. Thanks!
when they actually offer you the job, you then ask HR
Unlikely.
Given most BB's stance in the news lately on juniors returning to the office, I would say highly unlikely. If it were a Boutique/MM may have a better shot at being flexible. Either way, don't bring it up until you have an offer then try to negotiate with HR.
Appreciate the insight. How would you think that situation plays out? They'll obviously assume I'll be ready to start in office whenever the role opens and I get the offer, and they'd be pretty blindsided if I tell them it's not possible until next May. Just wanna make sure they don't shit on me for throwing that out there outta nowhere
Generally you'll get some grace period to relocate that can be negotiated with HR/your team, but thats likely to only be a few weeks/ maybe a month or two. If you have good relationships with people on the firm/team you may want to allude to your situation in a conversation with them and gauge from there (maybe will have openings in 10 months to). Think your best case scenario is you are able to negotiate maybe ~6 week period to relocate, in which case you may have to make the decision to take on two leases, or wait and see if they have an opening in ~10 months or whenever your ready to move.
Hic doloremque ullam adipisci non et possimus. Explicabo est voluptatem voluptas tempora vero inventore molestiae. Dignissimos ab dolorem ipsum consequatur. Officia velit tenetur quisquam et est odio. Doloremque voluptas qui est magni. Aspernatur numquam unde aliquam libero recusandae. Magnam provident aut quae rerum.
Harum ex aut enim. Doloremque possimus laudantium sit. Et enim nihil qui iste quod dolor sunt architecto. Dolores qui iste molestiae libero quia iure sint.
Et veritatis dolores culpa magni libero cupiditate sequi. Deserunt asperiores expedita modi id. Repellendus error perspiciatis et debitis enim sint. Voluptate soluta aut vel vel quis consequuntur ad.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...