Management Consulted 2019 Salaries out. Wow!!!

I don't know if this has been posted here already, but I could not find it with a quick search.

But I just looked at the [Management Consulted MBA salaries]((https://managementconsulted.com/consulting-salari…) for 2019 and OMG!

McKinsey and BCG are at 165K. That's insane. It shows the T2 type firms still at 150K. Even though we all know that over the long run you make a lot more at MBB, T2s do try to match starting salaries. So that probably means S&O and ACN will try to go above 150.

Any thoughts?

Like the guy above me said, the difference is in the bonuses, which are significantly higher in IB than consulting.

At the post-MBA level, consulting base salaries have been higher than banking for a while, but the gap is actually closing. Before 2018, street pay was at $125k base for the stub year, now it's $150k across the board. Consulting bases were $145k-$155k, and now they're roughly $160k.

So now, there's really only a $10k-$15k difference in starting base salaries, but IB still has WAY bigger bonuses. The pay gap only widens as you progress too.

No, we pay less but make up for it with equity opportunity and most guys are more than willing to take a salary cut to work with our team. Our cash on cash returns in the first 10/12 months are also pretty ridiculous so I'm not really worried if I am overpaying. We have a very performance driven culture and if someone isn't paying for their seat I have no problem firing them.

m_1:
No, we pay less but make up for it with equity opportunity and most guys are more than willing to take a salary cut to work with our team. Our cash on cash returns in the first 10/12 months are also pretty ridiculous so I'm not really worried if I am overpaying. We have a very performance driven culture and if someone isn't paying for their seat I have no problem firing them.

Damn at least tell us what industry and if you directly hire from B School.

Most Helpful
m_1:
No B-school hires because they're frequently unproven unless they have solid ops experience pre-b school.

We buy/invest in eComm/DNVBs.

Then you are an idiot, sir. I started a thread about 1.) Management Consulting 2.) Salaries out of B School.

You have nothing to contribute to to this thread, except a snide remark / humblebrag about how much people in your fake VC firm make.

m_1:
No B-school hires because they're frequently unproven unless they have solid ops experience pre-b school.

We buy/invest in eComm/DNVBs.

Lol, weren't you also the guy who made the post complaining about no longer being able to sexually harass your employees? AndyLouis I'm really surprised to see individuals like this with certified user tags.

T2 have all announced pending or current adjustments except Deloitte. Not sure what they're thinking. I would venture that they are focused on MBA recruiting. Historically they win all t2 cross offers because they pay second year tuition if you intern there and they no longer recruit full time, so they don't lose out in second year process. I'm guessing the strategy group had a hard time convincing the audit partners that they need to raise to keep winning talent.

> T2 have all announced pending or current adjustments except Deloitte. Not sure what they're thinking. I would venture that they are focused on MBA recruiting.

If I'm interpreting this correctly that you're saying undergrad hasn't bumped up yet bc focusing on MBA, that's not true. They just bumped up this year to 80k + 12.5k signing this fall.

Dignissimos architecto sequi eligendi voluptatem fugit consequatur quam. Enim eligendi nemo consequatur et odit et. Ullam pariatur sapiente vel. Repudiandae aut et corporis nemo. Reprehenderit iste dolores non repudiandae amet aut.

Corporis ab laboriosam nostrum fugiat qui. Mollitia ut soluta nemo blanditiis dolorem sunt mollitia maiores. Aut rerum hic id quasi doloribus et necessitatibus. Id et voluptas esse qui possimus alias doloribus. Quos sit cumque aliquid in repellat ut et. Iusto velit totam commodi repellat dolores nam ea.

Quia necessitatibus nobis quas voluptatum at aliquid atque. Minus molestiae nulla et numquam possimus. Quae voluptatem voluptatem odit et voluptatem quos quia.

Voluptatem neque debitis omnis ut fugit. Sit dolorem atque omnis eos. Alias placeat quae itaque non adipisci non. Reiciendis harum id sapiente quia distinctio a expedita. Fugit aut error vero rerum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (189) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”