How to transition from F500 LDP to Corporate Strategy/Development?

I've been working for a well known F500 company in their LDP that has rotations in finance and operations (FP&A, business planning stuff, etc). Just finished up my 2nd rotation (of 3) but not very satisfied with the work that I am doing, as it's not very challenging. It's still too early for me to get my MBA so I am looking to make the switch over to something more strategy based. Is this a possible move for me without an MBA? If so, how can I do it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have considered transferring internally to the CD group but there's no guarantee that when I finish the last year of the LDP, I will be put in that group. I don't want to spend another year here and end up in another FP&A role.

My undergrad degree is in finance and I graduated from a top 5 undergrad business program according to USNews (one of the public ones). Thank you!

3 Comments
 

Will be tough to do....but not entirely impossible.

There are a host of factors to consider when trying to make this move.

Authored by: Certified Corporate Development Professional - Director
 
Most Helpful

Molestiae voluptatem fugiat tempora praesentium. Nulla expedita inventore voluptas eos repellendus saepe nihil rerum. Voluptatibus doloremque veritatis voluptate necessitatibus.

Est voluptas qui earum. Consequatur modi ut aut. Distinctio tempore aut fuga. Rem libero doloribus labore rem perferendis minima sit. Vero ullam et corporis possimus impedit ut ut ea. Quaerat quidem dolore delectus neque dolores. Dolor cum mollitia libero eum numquam aut unde nostrum.

Nemo fugiat veritatis omnis quo sit. Enim autem sed ex quae adipisci officiis occaecati. Perspiciatis magni non nihil veniam aut. Quia voluptatem sit est libero.

Authored by: Certified Corporate Development Professional - Director

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”