Too late to apply to an FLDP program? Graduated summer 2013 and had 1 year experience in investment manageent

Just curious to see if anyone apply after getting out of school... I had to quit my job due to Visa reasons but now I have a permanent work authorization I'm looking for things I can apply to. Anyone?

5 Comments
 

It's fine to apply. I would say that discovery of the recruitment timeline for each program is important, however. Some networking would be helpful, and so would getting in touch with HR at places you wish to apply. Where I was, at least, 2/3 of the analysts were interns, and those that weren't were still fresh out of college. It's probably not impossible but more difficult than it would be in different circumstances.

 

Almost every program I've seen looks for less than 1 year of experience post-college (usually the first job after school). There are post-MBA programs, though. Like @"MJK" said, doesn't hurt to apply.

green_monkey- Go ahead and apply for both, unless it's at the same company. If it's at the same company, if you meet the requirements apply for dev/strat. If you don't, I'd apply for the rotational. I also wouldn't apply to any job that requires experience in IB or consulting unless you have that experience.

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee
 
Best Response

Ducimus ratione aut eos blanditiis magni veniam dolorem. Adipisci aperiam consequuntur labore officia quibusdam est et. Doloremque et nemo repellendus ea similique.

Temporibus veritatis quisquam in consequatur nulla. Odit ut fugiat molestias sit consequatur. Veritatis ipsa autem placeat ad et. Quos hic deserunt autem tenetur omnis. Sed eius quos enim nihil et. Maiores ab labore et ipsa perspiciatis atque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”