Could a high GMAT (740) help me with an equity research interview?

I will be graduating when I am 26 (will turn 27 years old a couple of months later) from the London School of Economics in the UK. I was wondering if a high GMAT (that I would complete after my first year at that University) w/could help me gain an interview. I will be completing the IMC this summer and work on equity research alongside my degree (financial modelling, valuation, writing my own reports) and also do clear CFA Level 1 in my final year.

Can a GMAT help or is it not applicable?

Thanks for all the help.

3 Comments
 

Aperiam omnis culpa consequatur. Sapiente repudiandae repellendus voluptas exercitationem quia dolores. Est et sit debitis est. Soluta voluptatem et aut cum aut velit est.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”