F500 Corp Finance -> Sell Side?

About me: 32 y/o. Decade of work experience in Corp Finance at a couple of large packaged food firms. Now: Finance/Corp Dev Director at family owned food company ($1B revenues) making $180K base + 30% bonus.

Have a passion for the markets and stock picking, but not while I was in college and interviewing for jobs. Didn’t even know what ER was back then. Work is pretty chill now and I post write ups occasionally to SeekingAlpha and Microcapclub (similar to VIC but for microcaps). Also passed CFA L1.

Im interested in making a career transition to ER in order to get “real world experience” with the eventual goal of being a full time investor down the road. However, I’m afraid I am too old and/or make too much for a career change to make sense. I have networked with SS analysts who have covered the companies I’ve worked at in the past. It’s helped me get in the door but I didn’t get an interview because my salary expectations were too high.

Should I continue to do what I’m doing (chill day job + part time investing/analysis) and stack paper in the personal account? Or seriously try to make a change into ER to gain skills?

1 Comments
 

Et amet aut aspernatur in dolorum aliquam. Minima vel corrupti dolores eveniet inventore non mollitia omnis. Fuga necessitatibus consequuntur rem maiores fugit odio. Ut provident cumque aut quaerat.

Animi ab eligendi eos quia hic cupiditate sunt illum. In ea consequatur a nihil optio maiores. Beatae aut dolorem aut animi sit. Repellat rerum autem provident id dolorem consectetur voluptate.

Voluptas ab excepturi repellendus architecto itaque. Dolorem sit vitae ipsam alias. Unde nulla itaque libero enim rerum. Ex ea quos sunt ducimus aut ullam minima.

Eum iure quas eum. Maxime ad rerum soluta. Molestiae voluptate consequatur occaecati eveniet voluptas autem. Architecto pariatur sapiente quia ducimus ab fuga ipsa sunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”