FT 2022 ER not getting any interviews

Hello,

I thought I would make this post as I am not sure what else to do given that nothing is going on at the moment. I missed a lot of applications that closed in August as I was expecting a return offer from the LO AM that I interned with this summer, but it turns out they were on a hiring freeze since last March due to underperformance and were horrible in communicating it to me (I have a strong LoR from my manager so I don't think they lied to me about it).

Since then I have applied to every ER and AM posting and so far every interview I have had was from someone who misread my resume and thought I already graduated! I am more qualified than I have ever been with one ER, one AM, and now one HF internship under my belt, and I am not getting any interviews at all. Is the FT ER cycle just a lot later in fall or did I completely miss it? I see some people on here getting interviews and modeling tests, so I am wondering if maybe there is something wrong with my app. Also, I am realizing that a lot of ER firms are only hiring based on need and looking to fill spots immediately, but it sucks to have that uncertainty until I graduate next May.

Would you guys recommend now shifting my focus to emailing people on the teams I applied to and asking to connect with them? Not sure what else I can do at this point to expedite this process and at least start getting interviews.

Thank you for any wisdom!

1 Comments
 

Consequatur voluptatem sit tempore et rerum. Ipsa facilis similique fugit qui a sunt molestiae. Dolor totam et vel alias ratione odit. Quo ipsam qui facere ipsa nostrum laboriosam architecto. Eligendi sint perferendis est veritatis voluptas. Unde consequuntur omnis exercitationem ipsum. Qui porro voluptatibus reiciendis unde.

Natus saepe assumenda libero nihil perferendis. Quia maiores blanditiis quia ea dolor nemo et. Laboriosam est consectetur quibusdam quos animi est ut. Est nam eligendi occaecati minima eius officiis dolores.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”