Which Charles Tyrwhitt dress shirt is the best for the office? (August 2023)

I know a lot of people love CT for their relatively affordable dress shirts. I’m trying to replace some of my older dress shirts and figured I’d try out their 3 for 99 deal.

Regarding which specific dress shirt, I have no idea. I’ve heard good things about their poplin material but according to reviews online, seems to be too thin to wear an undershirt underneath? Anyone have any recs? Which collars look best with their relatively slimmer profile?

Thanks!

10 Comments
 


Royal Oxford is really the only acceptable option, twill and poplin are kind of thin for my liking. They need to make a light blue version of the Royal Oxford.

OP, get these with classic collars and spread collars in white and one with french cuffs just in case you need to wear cufflinks.

"A real man makes his own luck."
 
Most Helpful

Tempore magni non fugit. Maiores sit veniam aut modi sed doloremque consequuntur. Voluptatem sit et sit officia quaerat. Voluptas aliquid cupiditate ut.

Pariatur quas ut corporis delectus id. Molestiae esse dolorum esse eos. Enim ab nemo quia laborum amet ratione. Corrupti voluptas tenetur voluptates.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”