DE Shaw Nexus Fellowship August 2020
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if someone else applied to this program, and if you know when can we expect to hear back? Thanks in advance.
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if someone else applied to this program, and if you know when can we expect to hear back? Thanks in advance.
| +131 | Q&A: I'm a Pod PM | 68 | 14h |
| +51 | When giving reference to a sexist - would you care? | 9 | 3d |
| +18 | PE to SM HF | 3 | 3d |
| +10 | MSc advice for fixed income / macro HF path | 3 | 1d |
| +9 | Should I get an MBA for VC after Tech PM? | 1 | 2d |
| +8 | “You gotta love public markets” | 6 | 1d |
| +6 | Lateraling to MM L/S | 1 | 1d |
| +2 | New launch down >500bps, >100% turnover | 2 | 3d |
Career Resources
Hey Prospect in IB - Gen, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot and I'm here since nobody responded to your topic! Bummer...could just be unlucky but one of these topics will help shed some light:
More suggestions...
I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.
I applied too, and haven't heard back either way. Guess we'll just have to wait.
bump
rejected
also straight up rejected lmao
rejected too. Only Bezos can get in
who gets into de shaw's programs? honestly seems like anyone i know interested in banking who applied got flatout rejected even with good resumes - yes i know de shaw isnt a bank, just wondering what the profiles are like and how they differ from banking profiles. are they more interested in cs/quant majors?
I mean its a program catered to quants who typically have flat out insane resumes (US/international math competition placement and name brand software engineering internships). If you are interested in banking they almost definitely have no interest in you as a candidate. Since their name brand is quant I would imagine this program has the same spin on it. They do however have a fundamental investing program.
I did lmao -> Got SDs for GEs but gunning for mbb consulting. Applied to BBs as well. Target HYP. CS major but 0 software dev experience! Interested in the generalist role at DE
Also rejected. Thought I'd fit in with the quant brand with my background but oof that hurt
rejected, but they did encourage me to apply for their internships. anyone in the same boat? or was it a straight up rejection?
They told me to apply & included a personal comment about my resume... I'm not sure what this means
rejected lol. I even got an internal referral for the generalist internship and applied to that too along with the fellowships. Got rejected from both though
I have unfortunately been rejected from every DE Shaw program I have ever applied to
target school?
Yes but not HYP level
Rejected :(
got in lol... from a non-target but have finance/math background
rising senior? and do you already have a SA 2021 internship
Hey! I'm a sophomore looking to join the program now and was curious if we could hop on a call and discuss your process.
I applied last month and was accepted yesterday. I don't go to a target school, but my resume and application showed a clear inclination for business and technology (I think).
Same! but i go to HYP.
Any1 knows if we get interviews at the end of the fellowship?
Magnam magni cupiditate quia sit ipsa officiis voluptatibus. Doloribus molestias dolore sed earum. Nesciunt voluptatem quisquam aut inventore veniam odit velit quia.
Est atque quibusdam nihil quam aut eveniet consequatur doloribus. Omnis illo dolores reiciendis nesciunt. Error itaque cumque ratione consequatur. Voluptas dolorum natus atque nemo vero qui. Nesciunt ut quae qui vitae totam natus quam.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Nihil iure odio similique incidunt voluptatem aut cumque quod. Explicabo dignissimos quasi enim officiis dicta reiciendis. Aut sapiente quas aut temporibus inventore nihil.
Aut molestiae iste officia recusandae nihil similique saepe. Sed qui dolor omnis molestiae omnis. Voluptatum libero autem odio et eum.
Quia voluptatem explicabo in exercitationem deserunt et quia. Quos nam tenetur excepturi eius et consequatur in. Qui at occaecati nulla dignissimos est ad animi quod.