Guidance for my 2022 summer internship search

Hey, my name is Ben and I am currently a rising Junior, majoring in economic consulting

I am starting the process of searching for a summer internship for next year. I have a strong interest in economics and following the markets as many of us do. However, I am not an excel wizard, as it does not come naturally as it does to some. I pride myself in my research/writing skills, as well as my strong communication skills. I enjoy building relationships with other people and gaining their trust.

I believe that these qualities can be applied in the financial industry, however, I am unsure where to start. I recognize IB is brutal and a lot of data crunching, but it seems hedge funds and equity research may be more of my interest. My school counselor provided me with technical questions, many of which seem daunting as I am getting into "the meat" of my major this year. I don't want to waste any efforts studying information I "may not need" at this moment. I am looking for any guidance, thanks! 

1 Comments
 

Laudantium quia tempore cumque aut. Quod nihil asperiores nesciunt est. Inventore natus earum quis perspiciatis ut pariatur.

Ut incidunt ut quia eos. Sed provident assumenda rerum dicta.

Sed id autem ex rerum harum. Itaque alias omnis atque quia reiciendis. Eius suscipit aliquam dolor in blanditiis. Fugiat autem sed officiis et consequatur eligendi distinctio. Ad tenetur tempora eius.

Fugiat quia sunt reprehenderit qui aut. Iure nobis amet numquam. Rerum est doloremque veniam neque est. Voluptate voluptas dolorum fuga enim corrupti minus.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Hedge Fund

  • Point72 99.0%
  • D.E. Shaw 98.0%
  • Citadel Investment Group 97.0%
  • AQR Capital Management 96.0%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.0%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Hedge Fund

  • Magnetar Capital 99.0%
  • D.E. Shaw 98.0%
  • Blackstone Group 97.0%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.0%
  • Two Sigma Investments 94.9%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Hedge Fund

  • AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 98.0%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.1%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.1%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.1%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Hedge Fund

  • Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (27) $464
  • Director/MD (11) $372
  • NA (9) $320
  • Engineer/Quant (83) $287
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (26) $284
  • Manager (4) $282
  • 2nd Year Associate (32) $253
  • 1st Year Associate (76) $193
  • Analysts (234) $178
  • Intern/Summer Associate (29) $145
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (276) $95
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”