Satellite IB to London HF
Currently a second year IB analyst at ain Australia, seeking to move to a London L/S (preferably SM) in 2023.
Looking to politely tap the WSO UK HF community for guidance on some questions I have:
- I have 18-24 months before I want to start my HF role. To maximise my HF candidacy during this interim period, am I better off:(a) staying in IB (getting solid modelling exp atm) and making the move when I'm an associate;(b) moving to PE this year; or(c) running at an Aussie HF seat this year (likely no familiarity at London HFs);
- How much will the lack of a London network impact my chances? Open to solutions
- When making the move to a HF in my 3rd / 4th year, will my experience by recognised or will I join a cohort of people in their 2nd year?
- Is setting up international sponsorship an issue for SM funds? Assume MM is fine.
- Are virtual interviews acceptable? Or will I have to move to London with another job / without a job before I can interview?
Appreciate any and all responses. Thanks!