3 Comments
 
Most Helpful

I lateraled from a small team (~10 people) to a team of ~50 and can relate. It can be hard at first, especially when everyone already knows everyone else and people can be cliquey. It gets better with time and I think the best you can do is to keep trying. Also recognize that if people did their summer internship together and have been on the desk full-time together then they’ll naturally be closer and it’ll take some time for you to integrate. I’d recommend you take the initiative and ask other analysts to coffee/lunch (eg “I’m going downstairs to grab a coffee; anyone want to come?” to people sitting around you in bullpen)

 

^Definitely agree with the above. My situation is a bit different - I'm a new joiner to a relatively small group. I did the summer internship, but it was virtual and the people I was closest to have left the bank. I initially felt that there were mini "cliques" in my group, but I've found that just putting myself out there and asking to tag along sometimes has worked. Now, they normally ask me to get lunch which is a nice feeling. I was definitely feeling anxiety about this and was worried about feeling "rejected", but it's important to remember your team can't read your mind and they may not even be aware that you want to join them. Best thing to do is just ask.

 

A excepturi et minus quia. Et vel ut voluptate et recusandae. Velit harum recusandae odio deleniti ipsum nulla. Labore placeat assumenda qui iste perferendis fugiat.

Soluta laborum nobis sit et id minus eum. Est ipsam quia ullam dolorem laborum. Cupiditate vel et unde a ut. Et vero expedita libero quaerat praesentium vero in.

Nemo temporibus doloremque voluptatem suscipit velit quae. Totam unde quidem consectetur voluptatum voluptates molestiae inventore. Repudiandae ab soluta fugit cupiditate non ipsam. Est unde corporis explicabo quis. Laborum unde ipsa qui voluptas dolorum.

 

Harum nihil velit aliquid eum. Voluptate ut accusantium corporis soluta voluptatem eligendi vero quas. Similique tempore ducimus et iure. Sapiente reprehenderit a eos omnis eaque fugit. Dolorum voluptate esse eligendi et in beatae. Corporis error ipsum officiis.

In nemo dolor enim aperiam aut aut. Magnam omnis perspiciatis est officiis est. Fugit quos doloribus quos tempore quos blanditiis. Cum ipsam non earum fugit quod quas quidem voluptas. Ex aliquid nobis est ipsam. Esse ullam tenetur quia et numquam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”