2019 Summer SA apps still open??

Which ones are still open/ haven't started yet?

Haven't started: Barclays BAML Piper Jaffray Credit Suisse UBS

Edit: Sort of trying to build something similar to the other 2019 thread. Comment below which other banks haven't opened, or are finished.

105 Comments
 

UBS is open for targetted students (not necessarily core schools - just people who have been networking with them). They also don't sponsor (for all the international students out there).

 

So I think it's very possible it's a new policy for SA 2019. I actually networked really hard and had a couple of people pulling for me but HR said they absolutely won't for this year (this is for the analyst level - MBA associates could be different)

 

thanks for this, when will they start looking at non "targeted students" from core schools? the app on their website seems to be open to the general public...

 

I don’t believe so. I’ve been watching it like a hawk and all I’ve seen is the inside look 2018 (event) and 2 apps (one for vets and the other for mba students).

 

Its actually seems so bad. So many people seem like theyre getting absolutely shafted. If this trend continues apps for like SA 2024 will be open when kids are in high school

Dayman?
 

Yup, I'm diversity and had superday early May. Felt like mine was earlier than most because I had several other superdays lined up before them.

 

To add another one, Jefferies' process still isn't open. Many MMs e.g. BMO have not started their processes either. MS is the most notable BB that hasn't really started its formal process (though I don't know about targets as some people here have mentioned).

 

BAML recruiting for Diversity has already started and general applications open in August. I went to a diversity event and the way they are doing it is that Diversity kids will get the apps first and then everyone else will be able to apply

My Brother. My Captain. My King.
 

you need to network and start getting into contact with the recruiters for the LOB and area you are in

My Brother. My Captain. My King.
 

Sort of, but even non-targets are being pulled into the process early on through referrals. It seems like there’s little to no structure this time around.

 

I've heard EBs wrapping up by end of May--some BBs should keep slots open through the summer (Goldman opening apps up in July again, I believe MS in june?)

 

Worry less about if there is still time and just do what you can today. We know recruiting is not finished for SA 2019 so just make the most of your time by networking and prepping for interviews and anything can happen.

 

Figured I'd try to revive this thread because it is actually quite helpful. MS is not open until July 1st, which is quite bonkers given that so much talent is being snatched up with these early timelines. BAML & Piper Jaffray are still not open, at least to the general populace from what I know. Also from my understanding, GS' regular timeline opens June 1st, but who knows how many spots they filled with their April application window. Again, this is from what I know, but with this year's crazy process, I could very easily be mistaken.

Seems the rest of the banks originally listed have opened already. A lot of the MM seems to be waiting until summer/early fall, e.g. BMO, Stifel, etc. Anyone want to take a stab at developing an enhanced list of unopened app windows?

 

Go to a semi-target and can confirm a lot of boutiques are wrapping up. A lot of them told us that they wouldn't start the regular process until the fall when they came to our school for inso sessions, but a couple of kids already have offers from them or upcoming superdays. Heard from my friend who got an offer at HL that RX is already done. I know people from non-targets are also having superdays. Not sure how many spots will be left in the fall. Most banks recruiting at our school had an early-May deadline for their accelerated process.

 

From a semi-target, can confirm a lot of banks have come on campus / have said they would not start until June or July but have filled many of their spots in NY already. I would be wary of this. Not sure if it was to deceive or if they changed their minds since April, but target / diversity superdays have taken up a lot of spots and non-targets are definitely getting offers at nearly every bank, not to freak anyone out. I think this is because 1) a lot of candidates have been particularly strong and 2) a lot of candidates are accepting their offers. When talking to bankers, also realize that some of them may not be fully in the loop. The only bank I know that prob has 90%+ if not all of their spots open is Centerview. Correct me if I'm wrong.

 

Yeah I totally agree... some alums I've talked to didn't even know recruiting had started at their bank. Have a friend that got a superday from an EB and she told me the HR specifically asked them not to tell anyone about it.

 
Most Helpful

At a target, here is what I know - I hope it helps.

  • A lot of JPM offers have gone out, they're finished at some targets but I don't think they've filled out the class yet.
  • GS has sent some offers from their early round but will have more superdays later in summer when the app opens again
  • Most top EBs are finishing/finished (EVR, PJT, Moelis, HL, maybe more) at my school. It sounds like Laz is slightly slow relative to the others this year - haven't heard of offers.
  • MS has had at least 1-2 accelerated superdays - these were not publicized, you needed to network in/target events/have an exploding offer, I know 2 students with offers. Their formal process has yet to start but they're already filling the class from these special superdays.
  • Deutsche offers have gone out though with what's been happening, people are trying to hold off on accepting at my school. I suspect they will likely have more superdays to fill out the class through summer because of lower yields
  • BAML has had accelerated superday(s) for a few students who networked well/were referred from within/had exploding offers, regular processes will begin soon

Timeline may be delayed/different for semi/non-targets - eg. I know JPM is done at my school but not at others. I echo what csu said above, I have friends at semi/non-targets who were explicitly told by HR that there will be no apps open until later in summer but some are getting offers now - I don't think it was malicious, but some banks opened early (JPM in February + EBs had supers in April) and others had to follow suit or risk losing the talent. I suspect almost all banks will be wrapped up by August. Good luck everyone.

 

EVR had a bunch of superdays last week and then had a super quick turnaround and people got offers on Thursday. But I don't know if that week was its only week of superdays or the only one people from my school (core for EVR but not a target generally) was invited to.

 

Are you _---ing kidding me? We are all 20 years old and more than a year before the -internship- starts we are expected to have above a 3.5 GPA from our first two years of school plus two internships, and a connection? I'm hoping for Citi S&T, asset management or risk, but at this point I'll be happy with consulting at PWC for God's sakes gentlemen (and ladies).

Are you sure it's a Republic?
 

3.5 GPA -- Yes. Two internships and a connection -- Probably not.

Take an extra semester after senior year to get one extra summer. That's my plan at this point, it really slows everything down. Add an extra major or minor and keep networking.

 

if you don't have a 3.75+ you better have internship experience out the ass, go to princeton, or be secretly blowing jamie dimon bc there are SO many candidates that have both a high GPA and fantastic experience that banks can be as picky as they want

also consulting at PWC isn't as easy to get in as you think

 

You're right allow me to walk that back-- I'm just surprised at how early this is going on, and any big 4 is a good place to be.

Are you sure it's a Republic?
 

Sit quasi aut amet quis cupiditate omnis maiores. Omnis temporibus quam distinctio consequuntur nulla repellat. Tenetur in exercitationem quam. Et optio fugit unde id adipisci cum. Earum quis laborum voluptate a expedita et adipisci accusamus. Incidunt non excepturi illo eius voluptas mollitia nisi voluptatum.

Non repellendus suscipit ullam ullam modi omnis tenetur non. Perferendis rem id aperiam modi qui necessitatibus enim. Aut eos quia voluptas aut minus. Qui accusantium velit qui nihil est nobis.

Sunt dolorem eveniet et quasi. Nostrum necessitatibus aut animi alias. Repellendus enim consequatur eum nulla laboriosam ratione id. Exercitationem in sapiente repellat et dolores ut. Repudiandae nisi praesentium et error veritatis et quidem. Quia quos eos adipisci aut ut.

Nesciunt tempora est qui consequatur nulla exercitationem tempora earum. Sapiente commodi magnam enim nostrum omnis enim exercitationem. Et quos enim in ut ipsam. Ut soluta animi pariatur quidem illo aut minus. Aut illo iure dolorum repellendus explicabo accusamus perferendis et. Nisi corrupti officia in neque cumque harum et voluptatem. Dolores magni neque sint quo.

 

Sunt doloremque reiciendis accusamus at. Repellat numquam corporis possimus et et incidunt ex consectetur. Non aut voluptas rerum aut et temporibus.

Modi earum autem animi sed expedita unde mollitia. Ut est sit aliquam impedit. Quia consequatur neque quas soluta.

Veniam sit ut cum non minima voluptates minus. Alias eveniet possimus aut fugit blanditiis. Officia cum voluptate suscipit recusandae. Minus temporibus ipsum magnam odio. Occaecati saepe quae quas. Voluptas laborum libero praesentium voluptates laboriosam recusandae. Aut laudantium illo accusantium et molestiae tenetur dignissimos.

Ut nulla quos quidem qui et accusantium iusto minus. Provident debitis voluptas qui commodi.

 

Omnis debitis porro consequuntur. Mollitia est voluptatem molestiae suscipit rerum fugiat. Dolorem dicta deleniti voluptas rerum adipisci est aut. Accusantium voluptatem officiis dolores soluta eum cum.

In molestias ipsum et esse dolores ut alias molestiae. Quo quia aut molestiae pariatur sunt nisi. Laborum aut ducimus iste a nemo voluptatem. Ut aperiam ut sed similique et eos quia. Molestias quasi repudiandae doloribus dolorem similique id. Dolorem voluptatum aut explicabo accusamus vel quae id.

Cupiditate sit repellat libero facilis id nihil recusandae. Ab fuga modi libero molestiae et eius maiores et. Ullam dignissimos eos atque.

Aut mollitia quo voluptates ullam. Eos eaque odit nesciunt alias numquam officiis vel.

 

Consequatur ipsa culpa qui. Beatae eveniet quis praesentium modi consequatur nulla autem. Voluptas voluptatem rerum consequatur quis recusandae voluptatem nam. Quidem laborum est culpa eos quisquam. Sit rerum alias quas nihil placeat. Quas asperiores excepturi tenetur consequatur quia voluptatem.

Expedita qui libero ullam quis ea et. Autem est voluptatibus magnam voluptatem. Nobis dolor eius quo ipsam quam similique.

Ducimus culpa quis similique fugiat sint sint. Eveniet delectus aut quod.

Consequatur laboriosam cum nulla et asperiores. Earum adipisci corporis quos beatae rerum cumque quam placeat. Provident impedit ut rerum omnis enim repellendus ut ab. Qui consequatur quo dolorem aliquid possimus.

 

Aspernatur ratione placeat et animi et. Delectus et doloremque excepturi magni. Tempore aut sunt doloribus. Repellat pariatur placeat quod.

Id aut nam praesentium. Fugit dolorem eveniet impedit sequi molestiae ipsa debitis.

Eos ullam ea adipisci expedita quasi eum. Incidunt asperiores a illo necessitatibus rerum facilis tempora.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”