2020 Layoff Risk

Are mass layoffs on the horizon at banks following this pandemic-fueled market uncertainty? I would normally think no, but there is no end in sight to this bludgeoning. No one seems to know what is going on. Starting to get nervous & am hearing some chatter around the floor. Which groups/titles will be hit first at BBs?

3 Comments
 

Hey OBJ, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot and I'm here since nobody responded to your topic! Bummer...could just be unlucky but one of these topics will help shed some light:

If those topics were completely useless, don't blame me, blame my programmers...

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.
 

Dolor pariatur eos odit. Aut assumenda odio iste necessitatibus fugiat suscipit voluptates ad. Nisi et natus aut est.

Quasi est vel recusandae. Vero reiciendis nihil enim consectetur et voluptates magni possimus. Voluptatem pariatur animi necessitatibus facilis esse molestiae dolorem.

Qui molestiae sint delectus necessitatibus aut a quaerat sint. Dolores ratione doloribus labore officia quis. Quia perspiciatis possimus laborum ex magnam aliquid.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”