Advice for IB SA 2024 in London

Hi everyone,

I'm an italian third year student in Bocconi (4.0 Gpa) and this September I'll start the Bocconi MSc Finance. My goal is to find an internship in IB in London for the next summer. I have done an exchange semester in a good european uni (think esade, ie, sant gallen, etc) and a 3 months internship in financial services audit in a big4.

I would like to start preparing in advance for the recruitment session, do you guys have any advice to share?

Thanks for reading.

Most Helpful

First of all congrats on getting into the MSc.On the application front you are doing well to prepare in advance - most positions will open in August/september, it's important to apply asap, and the online tests/hirevues/interviews/ACs will be in September/October/November, exactly when your first semester will fully kick in and will have a lot to study and group assignments - 1st semester of the msc in finance at Bocconi is notoriously tough.Thus ideally you would need to arrive at end of August where you are fully prepped, not only with insightful cover letters for each bank and a well written cv but also with behaviorals and technicals very well prepared.Search on YouTube Intern Game Plan (small channel, has less than 1000 subs), it will be very helpful to understand and prep for the whole process.Final remarks: if you are a straight white male, your odds to land a SA offer in London are even more stacked against you, therefore keep in mind that it's super important to absolutely nail the online tests and hirevue questions. Once you get to interviews you are given a chance as everyone else that gets to that stage and only the best prepared gets the offer, but before this stage it's mostly about automatic CV screening, online tests and gender and diversity quotas. Btw, since you come from Bocconi bachelor as well, you will most likely be better prepared technically than other countries' candidates, but take it as a chance to build on this and make a good impression in the interview rather than slacking off or overlooking this part of the prep.Lastly, in case you do not get a SA offer, you will most likely apply to IBs in Milan. Keep in mind that interviews there are 90% technicals, way tougher than London interviews, so you should prepare accordingly.Get started as soon as you can and you will be very well positioned for any opportunity.

So recruiting for SA 2024 London starts when? And do London IB/PE firms appreciate/care for networking as much as US ones do?

If so when is the best time to start networking? What’s the timeline for landing a SA offer if you can be specific?

Thanks

I've heard that those from European/finance-focused schools get thrown more technicals on average at the BB interviews. Since you guys study MSc's in Finance, there is a higher expectation of you in a way.

Rerum quibusdam soluta recusandae vel. Non quia qui aperiam repudiandae sunt. Omnis odio iusto aliquam ea velit praesentium autem. Animi sunt ut tenetur voluptatem dolor quos. Ratione velit at consequuntur nesciunt tempora incidunt quasi. Maiores consequatur ut autem.

Illum vel excepturi ipsam nobis doloribus aut eius. Fugiat molestias odit repellendus sint. Reiciendis nisi earum et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”