ALDI Internship vs. Fortune 500 Internship
Hey everyone, I'm currently a Sophomore Finance major at a non-target (University of Connecticut) looking to break into IB. As a sophomore coming from a non-target, I wasn't able to secure any banking internship interviews this fall. However, I do have offers from a few Fortune 500 companies (United Technologies Corporation, Prudential, General Dynamics, etc.) as well as an offer from ALDI for their District Manager internship. The F500 offers are all your typical financial analyst roles, whereas the ALDI internship is not quite finance related but offers many more opportunities to develop leadership and management as well as a better understanding of multiple facets of business operations. For me the ALDI offer seems much more interesting, but I'm worried of how it will look to investment banks when I apply for an internship my Junior year. Am I better off just taking one of the F500 Finance roles to have their brand on my resume, or does it not matter? Any suggestions are appreciated! For context: I have a 4.00/4.00 GPA, and I will be president of two high-level business organizations by the time I apply for Junior internships.
bump
The F500 finance internships look a lot "safer" for keeping you on the IB track. I would also continue to network with smaller banks; almost any IB internship will set you up for a good SA better than those F500 finance jobs, which I think will still set you up notably better than the Aldi gig.
Prudential seems interesting
Thank you both!
ALDI is very day to day retail management. Had a friend who worked as fulltime. Basically dealing with day to day responsibilities of running a store. Very demanding, but not exactly finance.
abacab Did you friend like it? Where did he go after? It seems like it would be good management experience, but might limit you to retail management.
ALDI Internship vs. Fortune 500 (Originally Posted: 12/15/2015)
Hey everyone,
I'm currently a Sophomore Finance major at a non-target (University of Connecticut) looking to break into Consulting, ideally MBB. As a sophomore coming from a non-target, I wasn't able to secure any Consulting internship interviews this fall. However, I do have offers from a few Fortune 500 companies (United Technologies Corporation, Prudential, General Dynamics, etc.) as well as an offer from ALDI for their District Manager internship. The F500 offers are all your typical financial analyst roles, whereas the ALDI internship is not quite finance related but offers many more opportunities to develop leadership and management as well as a better understanding of multiple facets of business operations. For me the ALDI offer seems much more interesting, but I'm worried of how it will look to consulting firms when I apply for an internship my Junior year. Am I better off just taking one of the F500 Finance roles to have their brand on my resume, or does it not matter? Any suggestions are appreciated!
For context: I have a 4.00/4.00 GPA, and I will be president of two high-level business organizations by the time I apply for Junior internships.
bump
Voluptatibus molestiae mollitia aut vel rerum aperiam iste illum. Dignissimos et aut voluptatibus fugit. Id voluptatibus quas dolor nihil exercitationem maxime molestiae.
At sint autem impedit unde. Explicabo labore corrupti ratione enim. Quia laborum porro autem adipisci cumque. Deleniti ut est eum. Ipsa rem est ipsa quo enim. Doloribus dolorum illum ullam est.
Assumenda harum dignissimos eveniet rerum. Excepturi et dolorem earum. Dolores accusantium vel harum iure reprehenderit dignissimos qui.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...