Best Private Capital Advisory (PCA) Firms in 2026?
I'm currently interning at a bank doing PCA, but was wondering what banks have the best PCA groups based on deal volume, value, and overall culture/WLB, and opportunities to move up the ranks fast or has a flat (relatively) hierarchy structure. I would love to hear everyones thoughts!
EVR
EVR is far from flat at this point. If you’re looking for flat and fast progression would look at the more recent entrants from the last few years that are actively building out
After that though?
Probably LAZ, especially after the recent acquisition. PJT.
If I had to rank them:
S+: EVR
S: PJT / LAZ-CL
A: JEFF / MOE / GHL-MIZ
A-: UBS PFG / HL-Triago / Rothschild
B+: Piper Sandler / William Blair / Baird
B: Rede / Eaton-Stifel / Probitas
B-: RJ-Cebile / Asante / Monument / Acalyx
C+: DC Advisory / Lincoln
Thanks, this was helpful.
What do you think of Devon Park? I used to see them then I think they got acquired by Jeff or Moe?
PWP* - not super active
Yeah they were acquired by PWP. Honestly not sure where I would put PWP-Devon Park. It’s an EB so I’m sure comp is great, but they aren’t very active. They only have one office, and it’s based out of Palm Beach, but if good weather is important to you that’s all the better haha. I’d also add that Moelis is growing a lot, and that Lazard-CL will likely supersede PJT once the merger is complete over the next few years. It’ll be a while before Lazard-CL surpasses EVR. That will probably happen in the next few decades—if it happens at all. EVR by far dominates the PCA space right now, and will for the near-term.
Following up my original, what would the rankings be for Secondaries advisory specifically?
Ullam veritatis et aperiam reprehenderit id. Ipsam ipsam sed aliquid numquam possimus voluptatibus. Sed excepturi facere qui nihil vitae.
Aut totam alias est non et eveniet et. Error sunt qui enim placeat ab. Cumque culpa dicta deleniti.
Ut et reiciendis enim dolorem suscipit ad ratione. Beatae sed vel minus qui. Vel nobis eveniet maiores in aut molestiae deleniti. Eius quo nihil fuga quae modi. Excepturi dolorem aut recusandae atque. Rerum dolorem laborum vero quisquam distinctio id. Rerum nulla velit sed fuga voluptas.
Rerum sit vel aliquid cupiditate. Aut sunt deserunt velit corporis. Fugiat cumque esse minima aut. Quis natus non perferendis repellat ipsa quod. Et neque enim eveniet sunt. Eum consequatur voluptas enim dignissimos excepturi. Occaecati aut est ut labore voluptas illum.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...