BofA UPDATE SA 2020

Hey guys, wanted to start a new thread on BofA SA, as the last one was getting too many trolls on it. Has anyone been updated at all? I spoke with HR and it looks like the program is going to be 100% virtual. also, they told me that it may be for the full duration. any thoughts or updates?

Funniest

BofA hr,if you’re reading this - if you give me an automatic ft offer I will literally work with you till the day I die, I swear on my mom’s life. Fuck PE, fuck all of that

Have spoken with multiple senior people at the firm. The consensus right now is no auto return offer.

Most Helpful

Current BofA Analyst, we have 5 summer analyst joining this year. As far as I know, no one knows exactly what's going on. I'm not in the NYC or Charlotte office, so a lot of the decision is going to be made by the market president. Even the head of group isn't sure what exactly going to happen and how we are going to work. However, I will definitively recommend summer analyst on my team to recruit elsewhere for full time, because I just don't see how they can have all these analyst sitting around doing nothing. As far as I'm concern the difference between an associate and analyst on my group is very small. For the past year, I have been doing associate work and I'm showing associates how to get stuff done. Historically, we didnt have a large analyst class either, but the group head decided to expand headcounts given increase in deals, however this has been hit hard by COVID-19. I have seen my hours going from ~60 hours of real work to 20 hours on some weeks.

Not to scare any of you new S/A, but I will make sure I have a backup plan. Other than that, just relax and enjoy the ride. I'm sure all of you will be ok.

I see your point about reduced work right now but the incoming SAs won’t start FT training until Summer 2021 and then won’t be contributors until Fall 2021, so how much does it matter that work is slow right now?

Array

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”