Energy Rodeo 2011 - 40 Days Away

Energy Rodeo 2011 Friday, Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm Hotel Check In Dinner & Drinks (Optional,first round on me) Saturday, Jan 29, 2011 8:00 am to 9:00 am Registration & Sign In Continental Breakfast 9:00 am to 9:30 am Opening Ceremonies Keynote Addresses: Monty09 & Anthony 9:30 am to 10:30 am Presentation: Resume , Networking, Interviewing, Career Search 10:30 am to 12:00 pm Presentation: energy trading Discussion Panel Analyst and Associates from leading energy trading firms 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Lunch Keynote Address:Energy Private Investor with over 25 years exp 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm Break(NETWORK!!!!) 1:30 pm to 2:45 pm Presentation: Equity Research, Investment Management, Investment Banking Discussion Panel Analyst and Associates from leading firms 2:45 pm to 3:45 pm Presentation: Master of Finance V. Master of Business Administration 3:45 pm to 4:45 pm Questions & Answers 4:45 pm to 5:00 pm Closing Remarks : Special Guest 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm mock interviews and resume reviews 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Dinner (Optional) SUBJECT TO CHANGES

27 Comments
 

Another one during the analyst training session in NYC would be nice. You could target all the incoming first year energy analysts from around the world. Hold it in NJ to keep costs down, include some focus on the renewables / power side of things to widen the appeal, and you will smash it.

 

Fair enough but I wouldn't overlook it. Incoming analysts barely have any idea and it would still be very useful for them. It would also be a great opportunity to network with other first year energy bankers from around the world, in addition to the speakers that you organise.

 

and quick follow up....

I have three private equity associate’s on panel that asked not to be on website as well as a few more traders with MBA's. I am working on two more investment banking analysts as well as an accounting and risk professional. I was as many diverse people as I can get from energy backgrounds. Have done a good job thus far but not done yet.

Also to all coming I am planning a dinner after event.... if you plan to come please email me so I pick a place that is big enough. .

 

I can't wait. I will be flying in Friday night and leaving Sunday. This is going to be a great event and I think those who attend will get a solid ROI.

 

Bondarb may make a surprise appearance at the energy rodeo. I am going "out west" to ski that weekend and am looking to run the trip through Houston for happy hour/dinner on Friday night. No promises but this could be epic. My last post was flamed because i admitted to hooking up with pretty young women who wanted to network, so I pledge to be on my best behavior for this event.

 
BondarbBondarb may make a surprise appearance at the energy rodeo. I am going "out west" to ski that weekend and am looking to run the trip through Houston for happy hour/dinner on Friday night. No promises but this could be epic. My last post was flamed because i admitted to hooking up with pretty young women who wanted to network, so I pledge to be on my best behavior for this event.

I rather the flamed version

 

Any chance of getting this on video for those of us not lucky enough to make it?

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee
 

Architecto exercitationem maiores ab unde voluptas quas quia. Odio in tempore porro aperiam sit id. Quis nihil modi consequatur natus sint. Repudiandae doloribus laudantium nemo aliquid.

Dolorum veritatis voluptatem dolores ullam quo occaecati aut. Beatae blanditiis ut nesciunt. Id alias modi fugit commodi aut non. Praesentium eos et autem doloremque tenetur omnis dolores. Dolor at quia animi rerum est nulla.

 

Molestiae magnam qui porro aspernatur. Enim sequi omnis non soluta. Non et sit ex non blanditiis officiis. Cum a rem aut sequi ullam sapiente sed quos. Excepturi hic ullam ea rerum quo.

Voluptatibus inventore non et rerum asperiores non odit. Harum quas eaque veritatis architecto in repellendus. Ut consequatur veritatis fuga dolorem. Voluptates eaque voluptatem adipisci ut excepturi voluptate.

Sed non tenetur amet aut. Et fuga nemo nulla quo eius soluta quia. Molestiae quam sit ab. Ea nesciunt quia itaque voluptas. Sed repellendus praesentium et quod. In praesentium et qui iusto.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”