- Josh is an Associate in the Strategic Finance Group of Accordion Partners, a management consulting firm which advises on, executes, and implements value creation initiatives and 100 day plans for Private Equity-backed companies and their financial sponsors
- Prior to joining Accordion Partners, Josh was a Manager at XRC Labs, an incubator and accelerator platform focused on the retail and consumer packaged goods sectors, where he advised startup companies on ways to leverage financial modeling and decision sciences to help launch new product and service businesses. He was also instrumental in the development of fundraising strategies and business plans for startup clients.
- Prior to working at XRC Labs, Josh served as an Investment Associate on Neuberger Berman's Private Equity team and was later dedicated to the firm's business development initiatives. Specifically, he collaborated with deal teams, management teams and other 3rd party advisors to evaluate and execute private equity and debt investments as well as other strategic initiatives for the $250B asset manager.
- Prior to joining Neuberger Berman Private Equity, Josh was an Investment Banking Analyst in the Restructuring & Special Situations Finance Group at Barclays, where he advised distressed clients on both M&A and financing transactions both in and out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy. In this role, Josh collaborated with management teams to develop detailed financial models, conducted financial & operational due diligence, and prepared reports and supporting analyses for several US bankruptcy court filings.
- Josh graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Maryland, College Park with a B.S. in Finance. Josh is currently an MBA candidate at Duke University (Fuqua School of Business) with a concentration in Corporate Strategy.
- Josh has interviewed hundreds of aspiring Wall Street professionals while working at both Barclays and Neuberger Berman
- Currently an Investment Analyst with several years of professional experience on the sell-side and buy-side
- Spent three years working as an Investment Research Analyst at a boutique capital markets research firm
- Has experience in corporate finance advisory, portfolio management, proprietary public markets research, and value investing
- Has screened and reviewed resumes of students, recent graduates and young professionals who want to work in the asset management, equity research, hedge fund, and trading industries
- Currently works in San Francisco as a trader at a technology hedge fund.
- Previously spent 9 years as a trader for a macro-focused, multi-strategy hedge fund.
- Spent 2 years on the money markets portfolio management team.
- Worked as a product management associate on the fixed income alternatives team.
- Currently, a senior associate at a middle-market leveraged buyout firm investing in aerospace/defense, healthcare services, software, business services, and distribution (4 years)
- Previously spent 1.5 years at a BB in Investment Banking M&A/Coverage (specializing in financial services)
- Graduated with a BA in Economics and Finance.
- Have reviewed over 350 resumes and actively provide mentor-ship services to undergrads and recent grads
- To know more on the mentor, here is the link to his AMA
- Listen to this mentor on the WSO Podcast
- Currently focused on North American M&A for global life sciences company
- Formerly at middle-market private equity fund focused on control investments in advanced manufacturing, software, and technology-enabled services business
- Also spent two years investment banking focused primarily on mergers and acquisitions within the industrial and energy sectors
- Licensed CPA
- Current MBA student at Chicago Booth, works as a Peer Career Advisor for students interested in IB
- Previously spent 2.5 years at Credit Suisse in Investment Banking, primarily worked on M&A and IPO transactions. Interned junior year with CS and accepted return offer. Led on-campus recruiting initiatives and served as a mentor to summer analysts in my 2nd year
- Graduated from the University of Chicago in 2015 with a BA in Economics and BS in Statistics. During college, was actively involved as a TA for Booth Finance professors, and worked with Ph.D students on research topics
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, with conversational proficiency in Spanish
- Currently, a Private Equity associate, investing in financial services businesses across Europe
- Previously in FIG. Elected Junior Banker Representative
- Interned in Private Equity, Sales & Trading and M&A during university
- Graduated with an MSc in Management and a BSc in Economics
- Retail and eCommerce Investment Banking Associate at Morgan Stanley
- Previously, an Associate on the Consumer & Retail IB Coverage team
- Graduated from the Air Force Academy
- CFO for a real estate private equity fund
- Managing member of a family's office, investing in public equity, fixed income, and energy and commodities markets across the globe. The firm also manages private equity and venture capital funds
- Started career Houlihan Lokey, focused on private placements of debt and equity securities in connection with restructurings, refinancings, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, growth capital and acquisitions.
- Served as a Principal of $1.1 billion Asia fund
- Has an MBA from Wharton
- Investment Banking, Leading Bulge Bracket Investment Bank, Healthcare and consumer retail coverage groups
- Investment Banking, Leading Bulge Bracket Investment Bank, Real estate and lodging coverage groups
- BSc in Finance
- Currently, VP at Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Worked for over two years at the BB; ranked 1A both years (top 10% of entire analyst class)
- Worked as an intern in Corporate Banking at bulge bracket bank and managed to receive a full-time offer in the investment banking division
- Non-target background
- Vice President at a financial advisory firm focusing on M&A for the past six years.
- Broad sector coverage experience, with specific expertise in Financials and Healthcare
- Helped numerous candidates from both traditional and non-traditional backgrounds break into investment banking
- MBA from top 5 business school and an undergraduate degree in Economics and Mathematics from a liberal arts college
- Currently Director of Operations Strategy at DJO Global
- Former management consultant with McKinsey & Company in Houston focused on digital, strategy, M&A, and operations projects
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering from Duke University and a BA in Physics from Cornell University
- Currently a 2nd year associate at Berkshire Partners, a $16B middle-market private equity fund
- Worked for 3 years in consulting
- Prior to consulting, held internships at the Federal Reserve Board and the U.S. Senate
- Target undergrad
- Currently launching a long/short equity hedge fund
- Previously was an Associate at a middle market private equity firm where he evaluated leveraged buy out opportunities across the healthcare, technology, business services, and industrial sectors
- 2 years as an analyst in a build bracket bank within the healthcare coverage group
- Graduated double majored in Biology & Economics
- Currently, a research analyst at a value-oriented credit hedge fund with $10 billion of AUM, investing in leveraged loans and high-yield bonds across various strategies
- Previously spent 3 years at a top Bulge Bracket investment bank in Leveraged Finance working across industries including Industrials, Technology, Media, Telecom, and Business Services.
- Graduated with a BSM in Finance
- Currently an associate at Washington D.C.-based private equity firm
- Worked at Accel-KKR, a middle-market private equity firm focused solely on technology investments
- Spent two years as an investment banking analyst working on technology M&A transactions
- Experience working on buyouts, growth investments and add-on acquisitions, including
- Experienced private equity professional with 6 years of experience across investing and advisory roles primarily focused on the technology sector
- Extensive end-to-end private equity transaction experience supporting all aspects of the investment process including financial modeling, due diligence, investment committee presentations, structuring, and legal negotiations.
- Closed deals have focused primarily on buyout and growth equity investments
- Previously worked with Bank of America Merrill Lynch's technology investment banking team
- Private equity 2nd Year Associate in the Secondary Investment group, having completed 7 transactions including a single-asset co-investment, a GP-led fund restructuring, and a GP-led LP tender process.
- Previously worked in investment banking executing middle-market M&A transactions within the technology & services industry, with a particular focus on business services, software, fin-tech, and tech-enabled solutions. While in IB, he completed 15 M&A advisory transactions across both founder-owned and private-equity backed businesses. He spent 3 years as an Analyst and 1 year as an Associate before moving to the buy-side
- Masters in Finance
- Non-target school, BBA Finance
- Previously spent 4 years with J.P. Morgan. The last two years were spent as a Leveraged Finance analyst in the Investment Bank, working primarily on LBOs and Acquisition Financing for the General Industries team (Healthcare, Consumer Staples, Industrials, Auto, and more sectors).
- Graduated with a BA in Finance and a minor in Computer Science.
- Played Division 1 tennis all 4 years and co-captain senior year.
- Currently, VP of a large PE firm covering TMT in the Americas
- Worked at large-cap PE firm as an Associate
- Big 3 Consulting firm doing strategy consulting
- BS, Industrial Engineering
- 5 years of BB IBD experience: 3 in London (Industrials Team), 2 in Madrid (Iberia Coverage)
- Former Senior Associate at International PE (+$10bn AUM). EMEA Coverage
- Currently MBA at Northwestern University
- Areas of expertise: Diversified industrials (logistics, transportation, automotive, capital goods, industry 4.0). Infrastructure (renewable portfolios, airports), tech (health tech, industry tech and fintech)
- Excellent modelling skills, LBO analysis, Levfin and ECM
- 9 years of experience mentoring selected students interested in finance
- He analyzed billions of dollars of transactions as an analyst/associate on Deutsche Bank's Consumer team.
- He then transitioned into growth equity where he was the associate on over $35 million in investments.
- This background developed his expertise in working with startups as an investor and Fortune 500 companies as an advisor.
- He helps companies grow through fundraising, acquisitions or FP&A.
- B.S. in Finance and Marketing
- Currently, an Associate at a PE firm that invests in technology and services industries
- Previously, growth equity/venture capital associate to middle-market companies focused on global resource
- 2 years Investment Banking Analyst at a BB, mergers and acquisitions group
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Stanford University
- Investment banking and corporate finance professional with over 16 years of experience
- Deep regional focus in the Asia-Pacific region with roles based in Singapore, Hong Kong and Mumbai
- Extensive experience in leading mergers and acquisition (M&A) advisory, leveraged finance, fundraising, equity and debt capital market deals; led over 50 transactions for clients across the region
- Expertise in deal origination, stakeholder and process management, deal execution, financial modeling and valuation, company and industry analysis, key risks and mitigation identification, transaction documents negotiation, due diligence and deal mechanics
- Comprehensive coverage of Asia Pacific clients across sectors including healthcare services, education, logistics, transportation, cement, building materials, consumer, F&B, and industrials
- Experienced buyside investment professional with 6 years of experience across middle market private equity, fundamental long/short equity, and distressed credit & loan-to-own investments
- Currently a post-MBA senior associate at a $1 billion AUM private equity fund
- Extensive end-to-end private equity transaction experience supporting all aspects of the investment process including financial modeling, due diligence, investment committee presentations, structuring, and legal negotiations
- Significant operating experience serving as board member of several private equity portfolio companies
- Closed deals include buyout, growth equity, and structured equity investments across the consumer/retail, industrials, healthcare services and business services sectors
- BSc. in Economics, concentration in Finance from a target school
- Currently a Vice President at a Family Office focused on Private Equity
- Worked for two years as a Private Equity Associate at a leading Middle Market Private Equity firm
- Started his career as an Investment Banking Analyst in the M&A Advisory team and led recruiting efforts from his university; previously interned in Leveraged Finance as well as the Investment Banking Division
- Holds a BBA in Finance
- 3rd-year private equity associate at $3.0 billion middle-market private equity firm
- Worked at an elite boutique in IB as an analyst for over two years in M&A and Restructuring
- B.S. from Ivy League University
- Currently a Vice President at a megafund focused on traditional buyouts (latest fund size of $15 billion). Was an associate at the same fund - received sponsorship for business school and Vice President return offer
- Previously worked as an investment banking analyst at Morgan Stanley for two years
- Holds an MBA and a BS in computer science (non-traditional background)
- Currently, a Vice President at a Global Investment Firm ($60+ billion AUM)
- Professional experiences include Private Equity, Distressed Investing, Long/Short Equity and Investment Banking (Bulge Bracket)
- MBA from M7
- Experienced investment banking professional with several years of work experience, particularly focused on M&A and restructuring transactions across a variety of industries
- Analyst-to-Associate promote with experience at both bulge bracket and elite boutique banks
- Deeply involved in recruiting and training activities at prior firm, including the design and direction of financial training programs for all incoming junior IB employees and interns
- Liberal arts degree from Ivy League university
- Began a career in leveraged finance banking, working with corporations and private equity firms across all industries (primarily focused on technology), assisting in term sheet / commitment letter negotiations, and corresponding directly with investor accounts to address business and diligence questions (6 years)
- Pivoted to earliest stage venture at a newly established fund in NYC, involved in all stages of high volume deal flow as well as fund operations and portfolio analysis
- Currently, working directly with early-stage companies in a strategic consulting based capacity assisting with financial modeling and forecasting, customer acquisition, marketing strategy, investor decks, fundraising
- Angel investor (current portfolio includes women's health & wellness, healthcare and differentiated tech-focused companies)
- A Private Equity professional in a middle-market firm focusing on special situations and credit opportunities investments; responsible for all stages of a deal lifecycle including origination, underwriting and diligence, and portfolio management
- 2 years in the consumer retail Investment Banking division at bulge bracket bank in NYC
- Bachelor of Science in Finance and Accounting
- Formerly a private equity associate in megafund private equity focused on leveraged buyouts across all industries
- Previously spent 2 years at a BB in generalist M&A Investment Banking where I worked on more than 30 deals across the industrials, technology, power & utilities, FIG, consumer, communications, media & entertainment and healthcare industries
- Former co-head of recruiting for an ivy league school at a BB
- Have reviewed more than 200 resumes and actively provide mentorship services to undergrads and recent grads.
- Investment professional with experience employing value-based investment strategies for a broad array of clientele to manage their investments and preserve their wealth
- Currently owns and operates an independent money management firm with clients in over 25 states
- Provides comprehensive investment management services to individuals, retirement plans, trusts, and charitable foundations
- Serves as a fiduciary to clients by providing fee-only investment counsel
- Has been quoted and featured in various investment articles and publications
- Serves on the board of several organizations and non-profits
- Private Equity Associate - 2nd Year
- Spent 2 years in banking at Evercore
- Interned at three different investment bank's M&A groups during summers
- Degree from a target school
- Currently, he is with a firm that focuses on food, agriculture and energy/infrastructure investment opportunities.
- He was previously an investment banking analyst at a technology, media, & telecommunications (TMT) group.
- Specialties: M&A, LBO, Due Diligence, Business Valuation, Financial Modeling
- BS in Finance
- An established M&A practitioner with 15+ years of experience with elite institutions on both sides of the table
- She recently joined a global ingredients company to lead its M&A department
- Vice-President within the Consumer Retail IBD practice, covered global food companies
- Spent 8+ years with an Industrial company in its Corporate Development & Strategy team and field operations
- MBA with concentrations in Economics and Finance
- BSBA in Accounting and licensed CPA
- Currently a 3rd year Associate at a large-cap, new PE fund. I am focused on the technology and financial services sectors
- Previously spent 2 years as an Associate at a middle-market ($3-5BN AUM) buyout/growth fund as a generalist (with a focus in technology)
- Started at Credit Suisse as a Tech IBD Analyst
- Graduated with an undergrad business degree
- Healthcare professional with over 10 years of experience in strategy, consulting and investing across the healthcare value chain.
- Track record of strategic problem-solving and counseling senior leadership teams to deliver measurable impact as a healthcare investor and former management consultant
- BA in Economics, MD, and MBA
- M&A advisory, coverage, and capital markets banker with 15+ years of experience at Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, and Jefferies
- Broad sector experience with emphasis on technology and FIG
- Active interviewer & participant in intern, analyst, and associate recruiting; mentor to VPs
- Ivy undergrad and grad degree from Oxbridge
- Most recently an investment associate at a private debt fund in NYC
- Previously spent 2.5 years in Investment Banking at a bulge bracket bank with experience in the healthcare, consumer, and retail industry groups, leveraged finance, and credit working on LBO and M&A transactions. Led the summer analyst and first-year analyst recruiting process for candidates. Mentored summer analysts and junior analysts.
- Graduated with a BBA in Finance
- Director of M&A and Corporate Venture Investments at a global CPG company
- Previously, spent 7.5 years in M&A advisory at Evercore (Analyst - Vice President)
- MSc in Finance from a top European school
- B.A. in Economics
- Currently, MBA student at M7
- Previously, research analyst at L/S equity hedge fund for 2 years, covering consumer and industrial companies
- Previously, investment banking analyst covering power & utilities for 2 years
- Trader with experience trading physical commodities and their derivatives from a supply, market-making and proprietary perspective
- Masters in Engineering in 2010
- Started out in operations and ultimately became lead trader at a tradehouse and then transitioned to hedge-fund world. Now trading family office money.
- Expertise in agricultural and energy products
- AMA link
- Currently an Investment Analyst at The Carlyle Group in the Loans & Structured Credit team
- Previous experience at bulge bracket banks, in both the Leveraged Finance and Investment Banking Credit divisions
- Screened resumes and participated in the interview processes of new hires, and has served as a mentor to junior and 1st-year analysts
- Graduated in Economics and an MPhil from the University of Cambridge
- Currently, an Associate at a private markets investment specialist
- Analyst at a BB in the Financial Institutions Group
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Currently serve as a Senior Associate with an early-stage Venture Capital firm where my primary focus is on the cybersecurity industry.
- Previously worked as an Associate with another early-stage firm specializing in all B2B tech.
- Prior to VC, spent 5+ years working at venture-backed startups in operations and marketing roles.
- A senior associate at a private equity firm specializing in lower middle-market companies.
- 4 years in bulge bracket banking within technology, media, and telecom groups, including 2 years at Goldman Sachs
- MBA, JD and BS in Finance and Economics
- Currently an associate at Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR)
- Previously spent 2.5 years at a bulge bracket bank, in both the Investment Banking Coverage and Investment Banking Credit divisions. Led the recruiting and interviewing processes for candidates of all backgrounds, including interns, full-time, and lateral hires. Served as a mentor to junior and 1st year analysts
- Graduated in 2013 with a BA in Economics. During college, was actively involved as a Department TA and a researcher at the business school
- Has reviewed resumes and helped prepare candidates for the banking, PE, HF, asset management, equity/credit research, and consulting industries
- Currently, a Senior Associate at a leading private credit fund.
- He worked at a private investment firm that provides equity capital to middle-market companies
- Investment Banking Analyst (Tech group), 2 years
- Corporate Banking Analyst that managed middle-market credit portfolio, 2 years
- Non-target background
- Practice leader for Deloitte's consulting practice, 10 years
- 15+ years of experience in M&A, Divestiture, Business process improvement, Technology Consulting and continues to advise key Fortune 500 clients
- Primary Industry Areas include Banking, Biotech, Pharma, Healthcare, High-tech and Government
- Portfolio Manager at L/S Hedge Fund, focus on European & US markets
- Spent 4 years as a Senior Equity Research Analyst at +$1bn Hedge Fund L/S & Event-Driven Hedge Fund, focus on European & US markets
- Worked over three years as MBB management consultant, focused on private equity investment due diligence
- Spent a year at a Private Equity Fund and over two years as an Equity Research Analyst
- CFA Charterholder
- Currently a Vice President for Infrastructure Investments covering direct and co-investments in infrastructure, energy and renewables sectors with US, UK and Australia as target destinations
- 1.5 years as IBD Senior Associate: generalist corporate finance banker spanning coverage, ECM and cross-border M&A roles
- 5.5 years at BDO Capital: 75% executing power utilities, renewables and infrastructure deals
- Other sectors covered: consumer retail, telecommunications, entertainment
- Currently, works as a strategy, business development, and operations director at a venture-backed digital health company
- Spent two and a half years at General Catalyst Partners in both growth and venture groups
- Started career at L.E.K. Consulting
- Christopher holds a Bachelor of Arts in History from Harvard University
- Currently an analyst on the investment team at an NYC based event-driven/special situations hedge fund
- Worked as a Senior Associate at a lower middle-market private equity family office
- MBA and Bachelor of Science, Biology
- Currently, Research Analyst at deep value investment management firm
- Previously, Senior Analyst at a public equities investment fund for 4 years
- Primary coverage of industrials, materials, and energy industries
- Associate at Barclays Capital in Proprietary Trading for 3 years
- M7 MBA
- Currently, AVP at a real estate development firm
- Previously, a senior associate (analyst) for EdR Trust, a publicly-traded multi-family REIT and worked at CBRE in investment property sales
- Non-traditional background - part-time work, late MBA, non-target undergrad, got current job thanks to outstanding networking and personal skills
- Founded and ran an education startup for 7 years
- Worked as an internal auditor for the U.S. Department of State and CIA
- Currently, high-yield and distressed credit analyst, Hedge Fund
- Spent two years at BofAML DCM in New York which was #1 on League Tables in 2016
- Debt Capital Markets experience in both New York and Hong Kong
- Transitioned to IB from Big 4 Audit internship
- Finance undergraduate (Top 50 Non-target)
- Leads the Text Advertising Business ($60m/p.a.) and global efforts on new adtech products and partnerships at eBay
- Associate at the largest real assets private equity fund, 2 years
- Strategy Consultant, 1 year
- Master in Management
- Currently, Vice President at a growth-focused middle market PE firm
- Was Vice President of Operations at a middle market healthcare company
- Formerly, Private Equity Associate, focused on middle market buyout investments, 2 years
- Also worked as Investment Banking Analyst, Houlihan Lokey (Aerospace, Defense, and Government Services Group)
- BA in Markets & Culture and BA in English
- Currently, MBA student at M7
- Former Manager, Film Strategy and Business Development at 20th Century Fox
- Investment Banking industry experience: Tech, Media, Industrials, FIG
- Mentored students interested in investment banking for 2 years
- Currently works as an investment associate with a strategic venture fund.
- Previously served as an investment analyst with New Holland Capital and as an investment banking analyst in SunTrust Robinson Humphrey's Financial Sponsor Group.
- Graduated from the University of Florida and earned a Master of Finance (MSF) from Washington University in St. Louis
Check out his podcast here
Take a look at this AMA here
- Chartered Accountant by profession and worked at a reputable accounting firm from 2005-08
- Joined Lehman Brothers (India office) in 2008 prior to subprime crisis and absorbed by Nomura thereafter post acquisition
- With Lehman / Nomura India worked with various teams
- Moved to Nomura London Leveraged Finance team in Apr 2011 and currently working as a Vice President across sectors and geographies
- Acting as Staffer of the team since Dec 2017
- Graduated in B.Com (Honours)
- Investment Banking professional based in London with over 10 years of experience advising clients across M&A, Equity and Debt financing.
- Involved in the recruitment and training of analysts and associates.
- Have done his CFA and MBA in Finance
- Investment professional with 5 years of growth equity and megafund private equity experience in Europe and U
- Prior experience in MBB consulting for 3 years across US and Europe
- Currently, an Associate at a global private equity advisory firm -Consumer/Retail/Internet industry coverage
- Investment Banking - consumer, retail, healthcare, and equity capital market (natural resources and TMT coverage)
- B.A. with Major in Economics and Minor in Spanish
- Currently, an Associate at a PE firm that invests in middle market companies
- Experience advising on transactions across a broad range of industries such as Media & Telecom, Consumer & Retail and Real Estate, and products including M&A, and restructuring.
- Investment Banking Analyst at Citi in the Media & Telecommunications group
- B.A. in Economics
- Joined the finance/strategy team where she is responsible for financial planning and analysis and strategic evaluations.
- Prior, she was an equity research associate for 2.5 years covering publicly-traded companies in the brokers, exchanges, and asset managers sector
- Started her career as an investment banking analyst in the financial institutions group
- Within FIG, she covered the market structure and asset manager vertical.
- Majored in Finance as an undergraduate
- Currently, an Associate in the real estate group (a large family office)
- Previously worked as an Associate at a middle market REPE fund manager targeting development, value-add, and structured debt investments
- Worked as an Associate at PNC Real Estate focusing on multifamily acquisitions, development, construction and permanent debt
- Vice President at an acquisition company. He has worked on multiple deals, including sell-side and buy-side M&A, leveraged buyouts, and debt and equity financings within the Industrials space.
- Previously, served as an Investment Banking Associate in the Industrials Group
- He has prior experience at big 4 accounting firms working in the transaction advisory practices
- B.S. in Economics and M.B.A. in Finance
Check it out here
- Managing Executive of an investment company that makes principal investments in privately held companies in the manufacturing, construction, internet, and technology industries
- 18 years combined fixed income trading, investment banking, real estate, and business development experience in corporate finance and capital markets
- Served as a Vice President in Global Structured Finance Group at Citigroup
- Master's degree in Applied Economics and an MBA
- Currently at a US growth equities (long-only equity investing) team within asset management. Cover stocks in the consumer, media, and healthcare spaces.
- Previously spent 3 years at Asset Management as an analyst on a consumer long-short equity team
- Previously spent 2 years in Global Capital Markets covering convertibles and equity derivatives as an analyst
- Graduated with a BS in chemical engineering and minor in management.
- 6+ years experience in life science venture capital, currently a senior associate
- 2.5 years investment banking - Energy coverage (all products) and Healthcare M&A
- MS, biotechnology
- Currently, Executive Vice President at oilfield services focused mid-market private equity firm
- Previously spent 2 years as investment banking associate
- Also has experience as senior associate at PwC
- Served in US Army
- CPA and MBA
- Previous Associate at a PE firm investing in middle-market businesses
- Previously, a Senior Analyst at Piper Jaffray in the Leveraged Finance group, working across all industry verticals on LBOs, acquisition financings, refinancings, and recapitalizations
- Spent 2 years at Citi in the Leveraged Finance Credit Portfolio group focused on origination and ongoing credit monitoring of outstanding loans. Was also a member of the Columbia recruiting committee for the Investment Banking Division for incoming Summer and Full-Time Analysts
- Graduated in 2014 from Columbia University with a BA in Business Management and Hispanic Studies
WSO Podcast: Bulge Bracket IB Analyst -> MM in Lev Finance -> Private Equity
Listen on iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify | All WSO Podcasts
- Currently working at a bank in London doing interest rates trading
- ~2 years in risk management for European interest rate swaps as well as global interest rate
- Nearly six years in sales and trading at Morgan Stanley
- Non-target background
- Principal at a top-tier growth equity / late-stage VC fund
- Investment focus on technology selling into financial services (Fintech, enterprise software, market structure, robo advisors, DLT, ad-tech, specialty finance, insurance, regtech and cleantech platforms)
- Previous experience in Investment Banking and Equity Research - large-cap tech coverage
- Prior experience includes merchant banking / special situations investing
- CFA and dual BSc in Finance and Management
- Currently works as an Associate Director at a private equity firm focused on mid-market investments in a range of sectors globally
- Two years at UBS working on M&A and capital markets transactions in the German-speaking region predominantly covered the industrial and healthcare sectors, as well as financial sponsors
- Business Development Manager for a portfolio company of a Dutch private equity firm active in the sale of medical aids
- Private Equity, M&A, Business Development, Strategy, Health Care, Energy & Finance, Automotive, Testing & Inspection
- Managing Partner at a small/middle market asset-backed lending and advisory firm, where he leads business development, fundraising, transaction structuring and portfolio construction
- He spent over 10 years as an investment banker at the top-ranked Equity Capital Markets team
- A senior research analyst at a global multi-strategy hedge fund where he specialized in credit and equity research with a focus on the life science, financial, real estate, energy and industrial sectors
- He holds a CFA Charter, a B.S.B.A and an international MBA
- Currently a 2nd year Venture Capital Associate at a VC firm
- 2 years at a bulge bracket bank on their Technology Investment Banking Team
- Bachelor's degree in business
- Currently a VP at KCK Group, the private equity arm of a middle eastern family office
- Osman has a generalist industry focus on lower middle market growth equity and buyout transactions
- Previously worked in a growth equity investing role at Scale Venture Partners, focused on technology
- Started his career as an investment banking analyst at Thomas Weisel Partners where he spent just over two years
- Currently, an Associate at a global private equity firm.
- Previously worked as at Wells Fargo Securities in the Financial Institutions Coverage Group in NYC
- Graduated with a BS in Finance. Throughout college, was an economics-finance tutor and co-founded a recruiting focused, mentorship driven
- Currently with a leading investment advisor involved in the equity long/short space
- Investment Banking Analyst, Natural Resources Group, 3 years
- Private Equity Associate, Middle Market Technology & Healthcare
- Master of Science in Finance
- Currently a Valuation Associate at CBRE, focusing on multi-family (market rate, affordable, senior, & student) and mixed use assets in Southern California
- Worked as an investment sales analyst where I created offering memorandums, underwrote assets, and conducted market research
- Graduated with an emphasis on Finance & Real Estate
- Currently, a second-year analyst at J.P. Morgan on the leveraged finance team, focusing on structuring debt transactions for diversified clients
- Serve as a junior mentor to summer interns and led teams recruiting efforts for incoming summer and full-time analysts
- Previously spent a year at within investment banking Financial Institutions Group, covering banks and broker-dealers
- Interned at Canaccord Genuity, a Canadian middle market investment bank
- Worked at Moelis as an M&A and Restructuring Analyst for 18 months until joined StepStone Global as a PE Analyst
- BSc Finance
- Current full-time MBA student
- Currently interning with a Private Equity firm on their Growth Equity team
- During fall 2018, advised a Chicago-based educational software company on their $20M Series C capital raise
- Previously spent 2.5 years as an Associate at a middle market tech buyout fund specialized in analytical technologies and software companies
- Began his career as a Management Consultant where he worked on strategic transformations for clients in the healthcare and consumer products industries
- Graduated with a B.A. in Economics
WSO Podcast: Landing in Private Equity from Big 4 Consulting... Say What?!
- Currently an analyst at a music investment company, in charge of investor relations, external processes, and other capital markets-related functions
- Previously worked at two investment banking firms including BMO Capital Markets
- Non-target undergrad
- 10+ years experience in finance
- Previous PE experience at Accordion Partners and Fortress Investment Group
- Investment Banking experience in Real Estate, Gaming and Lodging, and Equity-Linked Capital Markets
- Currently, a Partner and Head of Quantitative Research at a systematic Global Macro Hedge Fund
- Previously spent 2 year as a Senior Quantitative Researcher, developing systematic macro trading strategies under the CEO and global head of research
- Spent 8 years at BlackRock's London office as a Portfolio Manager (VP) in the Multi-Asset Strategies team, under various roles including risk management and trading volatility as an asset class
- Graduated with a Master in Engineering, and from a French engineering school with a Master in Applied Mathematics
- A healthcare PM at one of the multi-strategy long short funds in NYC
- Areas of expertise: asset management, hedge fund, fund of funds, compliance, trading and risk management
- Has experience in healthcare, TMT and consumer sectors
- Currently VP with a middle-market private equity (LBO) firm investing across general industrial/manufacturing, consumer, and services sectors
- Previously spent ~2 years with Deutsche Bank as an investment banking analyst in the general industrials team
- Graduated with Political Science degree
- Associate at a boutique middle-market investment bank, covering sell-side and buy-side M&A, Valuations, Corporate Advisory.
- Previously an Associate, DCM/Loan Syndications, BNY Mellon Capital Markets, supporting all of bank's major relationship lending groups including TMT, RE, FIG, Healthcare, Utilities & Retail
- Big 4 (PwC and EY) in Taxation, obtained CPA
- BS, Accounting & MBA Finance
- She has significant experience with interviewing, hiring, training and mentoring junior professionals.
- Currently at Bank of America doing Front Office Controls
- Eight years of professional experience with Broker-Dealer/ Prime Brokerage, Corporate Risk, and Audit
- Extensive experience in operational risk, credit risk, market risk, prime brokerage margin, corporate risk and stress testing potential trading books
- Currently with a global private equity firm with ~$13.5bn of assets under management
- 5 years of investing and advisory experience to his role assisting in the evaluation, negotiation and structuring of potential acquisitions for a NY based, middle market private equity firm
- Was an Investment Banking Analyst with Barclays' technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) investment banking division
- Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Economics and Political Science
- She has several years of middle-market private equity experience in the energy, food and social impact space.
- Previously, she spent many years on the sell-side in the power, energy and infrastructure space in New York. She began her career as an Equity Research Associate at UBS, where she worked for an Analyst, who is ranked #1 by Institutional Investor rankings. She then worked in Investment Banking at Lazard / Scotiabank on strategic and M&A mandates worth over $56 billion.
- She has led the recruiting and interview processes for diverse candidates, including interns, full-time and lateral hires. She has also served as a mentor to many analysts and interns.
- She has also helped many candidates prepare for the investment banking, private equity, equity research, consulting and asset management industries.
- She graduated with a B.A. in Economics from Wellesley College. She also took classes and conducted research at MIT's Sloan School of Management.
- In college, she worked abroad in private equity, renewable energy and non-profits in Europe and India.
- 10+ years of experience and Assistant Vice President at B.B. PWM (Private Wealth Management)
- Associate in Asset Management at a BB bank
- Senior Investment Banking Analyst at a Debt Capital Markets / Leveraged Finance team
- Was a Summer Analyst at an investment bank focused on the emerging markets
- Dual major in Finance and Economics
- Currently with a sector group in an international bank. Asia Pacific focus with experience in Europe and the United States.
- More than 10 years of experience in M&A, leveraged finance, capital markets and public market investments.
- Core expertise in Transportation & Infrastructure, Financial Sponsors and TMT, with additional experience in P&U, FIG, GIG, Food / Agriculture, Natural Resources and Real Estate.
- Previously staffer and hiring manager for associates, analysts and interns.
- Transitioned to IBD after short-term roles in a Big 4 and commodities trading.
- Graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration
- Began career as a summer and then full-time analyst at J.P. Morgan in Asset Management.
- Broke into investment banking by joining a tech-focused boutique
- 6+ years of experience in Tech investment banking, with an emphasis on software, M&A and cross-border situations
- Recruited to join as a senior associate in the Tech M&A group, focused on the execution of complex sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A, carve-outs and activism defense.
- Austin has been working with Ernst & Young for over four years, starting as a senior consultant before being promoted to a manager
- At EY, he focuses on strategy, process and operations improvement, and business transformation consulting services focused on health provider, payer, and public health organizations
- He received his BS and MBA from the University of Michigan
- Currently, a management consultant at Booz Allen advising federal clients in Washington, DC.
- Before joining Booz Allen he spent several years working in economic consulting
- Most of his cases involved disputes surrounding securities, finance, and intellectual property damages issues
- Program Manager in the educational sector
- Assistant to the Director, 2 years
- 5 years as a campus recruiter and summer intern program manager for Goldman Sachs in NY/NJ, Chicago and Salt Lake City
- Currently worked as a Global Finance Manager
- Previously worked as an Associate in the distressed securities group for over five years at an investment management fund
- Former investment banking analyst in the restructuring group at Rothschild, Inc.
- MBA from M7
- Currently, a fundamental research analyst at a long/short global fund, investing across the capital structure (primarily equity and HY/stressed/distressed credit).
- Extensive experience in financials, energy and mining
- Prior to the current role, an Asset Manager, in a similar capacity; has been on the buy side for 8 years.
- Started his career at emerging markets desk, developing and executing the bank's strategy
- Graduated with an MSc in ADMIS
- Has an MBA
- Currently West natural gas physical desk trader
- Starting to take over the origination (AMA- asset management agreement) desk which is the equivalent of a deal valuation in gas trading terminology.
- Previously traded the financial desk and term physical desk
- Previously scheduled and intra-day balance traded the southeast desk
- Worked at a marketing shop, retail shop, and now a utility with a strong financial portfolio backing
- Over ten years of Corporate Development, Strategy, and Innovation experience for companies ranging from series A startups to global 500 institutions. Georgia Tech MBA with concentration in Strategy and Innovation.
- Currently working as head of Strategy and Innovation for the COO at a major US health insurer with nearly $20B in ARR.
- Spent over five years working for high growth startups of various sizes in capacities ranging from general management with P&L ownership to head of corporate development reporting directly to the CEO.
- Companies ranged in size and market from series A to most notably Square in a pre and post IPO capacity, rideshare to drones.
- Three years spent working for a global 500 aerospace and defense firm as a strategy associate.
- Two years spent working as a strategy analyst for a small tech firm servicing banks and credit unions.
- Business school capstone was a seven month engagement with a notable German automaker focused on their future of mobility strategy. Engagement resulted in a notable service product launch still offered today.
- Currently, an Associate at Eurazeo, a PE firm in Europe
- Associate at a PE firm with TMT focused fund in Boston, 2 years
- Worked two years in NY as an analyst in the Tech, Media and Telecom Investment Banking Group
- Consulting functions of emphasis include strategy, operations, and human capital/change management solutions
- Industries of emphasis are health, automotive, and public sector
- Previous experience in software implementation and operations/logistics
- Education: MBA and BSE
- Currently an analyst on the Investment Banking Leveraged Finance team, structuring and executing leveraged loan and high-yield bond transactions across various industries
- Previously spent a year on the Leveraged Finance Underwriting team after undergoing a formal credit training program, underwriting leveraged loan transaction in different sectors and composing credit committee memoranda to support capital commitments
- Interned within the Credit Risk division covering the TMT sector, engaged with the investment banking and capital markets teams to provide financing structures on both best efforts and firm commitment bases
- B.S. in Management (double major in Finance and Computer Science and a minor in math)
- Portfolio manager for high net worth families
- Previously worked as Portfolio Manager investing in multi-asset portfolios for high net worth families and foundations
- Began career in Consulting and soon moved to Risk Management
- Earned MBA. Also earned BA in Political Science
- CFA charterholder
- Proficient and accomplished commercial real estate researcher with a consulting practice focused on trend pieces, outlooks and guides
- Advises clients on real estate capital placement across a wide spectrum of risk-return profiles
- Practice focuses on investment fundamentals across the real estate debt, equity, commercial and residential sectors
- Currently, Principal at an Early stage venture capital
- Director - Business Development of a leading information and advisory services firm for emerging market executives
- Analyst at Merrill Lynch, 1 year
- Target undergrad
- Currently, lead fund investments for a family office, with investments spanning venture, leveraged buyouts, and real estate
- Harvard MBA
- Interest in direct-to-consumer digitally-native companies, with internships at Allbirds, Daily Harvest, and Boxed Wholesale
- Internship experience with a top decile consumer VC
- Previously worked for 2.5 years at a growth-oriented, generalist private equity firm (last fund size was $1.2bn)
- Started out as an Investment Banking Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst at Lazard covering aerospace & defense, casino gaming/entertainment, and retail
- Non-target/Semi-target undergraduate degree
- Currently, a consultant with McKinsey & Company, focused on digital and energy practices
- Spent 6+ years in IT and tech fields and worked for 2 years in tech-focused VC funds
- Graduated from an MBA program in 2016
- Previously with Goldman Sachs as a portfolio manager focused on alternative investment vehicles
- Specialties: analysis, benchmarking, bonds, customer relations, derivatives, fixed income, foreign exchange, hedge funds, industry analysis, investments, pricing, purchasing, real estate, sales, strategic, swaps
- Graduated with BS in Industrial Engineering
Check out his AMA here.
- Currently, a portfolio manager at a special situations hedge fund (M&A, distressed, LBO, broken-IPO, activism, etc) that invests globally
- Previous experience in hedge funds, investment banking, and private equity in the US and abroad
- Graduated from target undergrad
- Former Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Analyst at HSBC Global Asset Management in Hong Kong, covering both equity and fixed income investments
- Previously an Asian equity investment analyst. Researched companies in TMT, real estate and industrials sectors
- Dual bachelor degrees in Finance and Arts and dual master degrees in Finance and Human rights
- Current MPP candidate
- Investment Banking Analyst at Barclays, in their Leveraged Finance group
- Worked in NYC and London
- International student in the US during undergrad
- Currently working at one of the largest Real Estate Private Equity fund.
- 6+ years in equity derivatives sales including at Credit Suisse
- M7 MBA and CFA charterholder
- Currently, an Associate at a top alternative asset manager, focusing on opportunistic private/public/convertible debt
- 3+ years at top tier BB, latest as a restructuring Associate covering distressed debt positions across EMEA & APAC
- 1 year in Investment Banking at an EM bank as an M&A generalist Analyst
- CFA Charterholder
- Currently an MBA student at NYU Stern School of Business. Works as a Career Mentor in the Stern Office of Career Development for students interested in Investment Banking
- Previously spent 3.5 years at Goldman Sachs in Equity Research covering European Large-cap Industrial companies. Mentored junior analysts and interns in the Industrials team and was selected for mentoring Intern class of 2016.
- Graduated from Indian Institute of Management in 2014 with a major in Finance (Top 5% of the class). Was the Co-President of Finance Club during school.
- CFA Charterholder, Fluent in English and Hindi
- Currently an analyst in the Technology group at Citi providing financial advisory services
- Previously worked at a financial services company in the valuation advisory services group
- Graduated in 2015 with a BS in Economics
- MBA, undergrad from non-target public university
- Spent 4 years in Equity Research at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Spent 1.5 years in Corp FP&A and IR at a Fortune 500 transportation company
- Currently, spent the last year at a fast-growth software start-up as strategic finance partner to the CFO
- 8 years of experience in M&A and transaction advisory. He has worked on numerous advisory projects, including sell-side and buy-side M&A, due diligence, valuation appraisals and financial modeling projects for SMEs, Fortune Global 500 corporations, and institutional investors.
- Parallel to his project work, he is also a trainer and coach for business valuation, financial modeling, and due diligence.
- CFA Charterholder
- Top-five MBA full-time program graduate. Current Admissions committee member, interviewing ~8 prospective students per year.
- Member of MBA admissions committee during b-school, reviewed ~250 applications. Member of Investment Banking Career Advisory committee - conducted ~75 mock interviews and reviewed ~200 resumes for IB.
- 2.5 years in IB advisory, including bulge bracket IB and two years in corporate development at a Fortune 500 company
- Currently, run independent strategic finance and financial analytics consulting practice
- Career changer from technology to finance through business school
- Sell-side associate at a MM bank working under a seasoned analyst (VP) covering 19 restaurant companies.
- Prior role as an associate investment analyst working primarily in equity research and portfolio construction at a large investment management firm.
- Undergrad (double-major in Economics & Finance) at a non-target liberal arts institution. Served as head of the student investment fund, fraternity president and varsity baseball captain.
- CFA Level II Candidate
- Currently, an Associate Director at a private venture capital fund (AI/Machine Learning)
- Vice President of a venture capital firm in China focusing on cleantech and fashion sectors;
- CFO and Director of Strategic Planning at an international education company based in Shanghai;
- 2 years of investment banking experience at Morgan Stanley;
- 3 yrs Investment Strategy at J.P. Morgan;
- MBA at Harvard Business School; CFA, FRM, CAIA.
- Currently, a senior analyst on the Commercial Mortgage Back Securities team placing permanent financing across all product types and markets
- Previously worked in asset management and HFF (equity placement and fundraising)
- Graduated with a BA in Economics.
- Experienced alternative investments professional within the hedge fund origination team
- Structuring of bespoke financing transactions secured by hedge fund, private equity, and real estate assets
- Investment and operational due diligence
- Collaboration with internal technologists to create an internal database capable of automating quantitative portfolio analysis
- Currently an Executive Director at Goldman Sachs
- Experienced investment analyst/trader with over 16 years working in financial markets, including hedge funds, proprietary trading, equity derivatives and investment banking
- Advisor to tech start-ups
- At present, serves as a COO of an investment fund, raising capital, directing investor relations and marketing
- Former investment banker with Morgan Stanley in global markets
- Deep experience originating and structuring debt and equity offerings and marketing equity derivatives and complex swaps
- M7 MBA
- Works for F500 banking company that focuses primarily on consumer lending, retail banking, and other financial services
- ~5 years in varied industry roles, with job functions covering credit, business strategy, analytics, product management, and operations
- BSci in Finance from large state university
- Particular interest in mentoring those going through recruiting, with extensive recruiting experience on both sides of the table (including for current firm)
- Currently, an associate at a private equity firm. Started and lead their internship program
- Previously spent 3 years at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in their Healthcare Investment Banking groups, focusing on M&A and Capital Markets transactions.
- Graduated with a BA in Economics
- Currently an associate analyst at an activist hedge fund
- Previously spend 4+ years as an investment banking associate, most recently at JPMorgan
- BS, Economics, Mathematics
- Currently, an associate on the Industrial's team which is currently making majority control LBO investments
- Previously spent ~3 years at J.P. Morgan on its Diversified Industries team specialized in General Industrials, Transportation & Logistics, and Aerospace & Defense.
- Graduated with a BS in Accounting and Business
Check out his podcast here
Take a look at his AMA here
- A private equity and lending expert with 15+ years of experience in M&A, capital raising, equity investments, debt investments, and leveraged lending.
- Currently, a Partner at a Private Equity firm
- Previously, he worked for the principal investing and lending arms of Goldman Sachs and Macquarie Group.
- Graduated with a degree in Finance
- Advisory and investment professional with consulting, direct investing and operating experience in Financial Services, Private Equity, Technology, Early-stage, Education, Healthcare and Government;
- Currently working at Prophet on the Growth & Digital Transformation team
- Past experience as an investor and advisor at Lalani Capital (early-stage investing)
- Additional experience working at a large boutique consulting firm on the Digital Strategy team
- Received an MBA in 2010, and graduated with a B.A in 2004
- Currently an Associate at a PE megafund, evaluating and executing strategic M&A transactions on behalf of the fund's portfolio companies
- Focused on buy-side evaluation of targets in fintech, cybersecurity, and data analytics tools
- Formerly spend two years in management consulting at a Big Four firm conducting commercial and operations due diligence for both financial sponsors and corporate buyers
- Graduated from a Big Ten public school in 2016 with BS in Finance and BS in Economics; actively involved in coaching students on their resumes, case competitions, and career choices
- Currently a member of the distressed & special situations team
- Previously with Citi on the "Interest Rate Derivative Trading Desk," next to the "Distressed Trading Desk," traded bank debt, bonds, claims, reorg equity, CDS, equity options, and ETFs and then in a hybrid "trading and research seat"
- Graduated with a BA in Mathematics, Pre-med
- Currently, a finance trader at a leading investor
- An Associate in the Financial Services practice group
- Prior experiences include securities lending trader
- M7 MBA
- Lived and worked in Tokyo, Hong Kong, San Francisco, New York
- Senior Analyst in Corporate Development of F500 company in healthcare
- Graduated from non-target school with Bachelors and Masters in Accounting
- Licensed CPA
- Passed Level 1 of CFA
- Other experience includes 1 year of audit at regional firm and 1.5 years of financial modeling, valuation, and financial due diligence.
- Private equity senior associate covering infrastructure
- 4+ years doing infrastructure private equity investing for funds and a pension fund
- 2 years + internship of infrastructure investment banking at a middle-market bank
- B.S. in Finance & Management
- 3-year investment banking, 4-year private equity/family office
- Extensive deal experience across EMEA region in restaurant, travel, entertainment, leisure and hospitality industries
- Direct involvement in hiring processes
- BA, Economics and Finance
- Currently, an Associate at a middle market private equity firm investing in media and entertainment assets
- Previously part of an Investment team that focused on consumer, renewables, financials and gaming sectors
- An Analyst at the Investment Banking Division, restructuring and leveraged finance
- Graduated with BBA in Finance
- Energy Trading professional with over 9 years' experience. Varying experience and knowledge of trading numerous natural gas hubs across Canada and the US.
- Some tasks include acquiring and optimizing our transportation portfolio, creating and executing hedging strategies for marketing business and managing storage portfolio on a term basis. Helping create our long-term strategy for the west gas hubs.
- Specialties: Storage valuation, basis trading, transportation valuation and optimization, forecasting customer flow. VBA programming
- Currently an associate at a bulge bracket bank within an industry coverage group in New York
- While in investment banking, has predominantly focused on executing M&A and debt transactions
- Prior to investment banking, spent two years in business school
- Prior to that, spent several years at a boutique advisory firm advising private equity firms on taking their portfolio companies public
- Though a native of the Philadelphia-area, has spent six years in the state of North Carolina for both undergraduate and graduate school
- An Associate at a global investment management firm
- Worked in leveraged finance for 3 years
- Did FLDP for a year
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Seasoned private equity investor with over 12 years of experience primarily focused on under-performing or complex carve-out acquisitions in the lower middle-market.
- Successfully deployed over $100 million of equity/debt capital across 10+ transactions in a variety of industries with a realized/expected return over 3.0x MOIC.
- Currently, Vice President at a Los Angeles based private equity firm responsible for leading all deal execution efforts.
- Previously worked at several private equity firms based in Los Angeles and Boston and began his career at KPMG in Transaction Services.
- BA in Economics and an MBA
- Involved in the recruiting and interviewing processes for candidates of all backgrounds, including interns, full-time and lateral hires.
- Serve as a mentor to 1st year analysts.
- 2018 HYP grad with a degree in economics and mechanical engineering
- Currently, an investment specialist that advises technology firms, family offices and private equity funds on M&A and growth strategies for their portfolio companies
- Head of Investments with focus areas were cybersecurity, data analytics, and tech-enabled services
- Consulting Lead Associate for their commercial division in the US and Europe
- IB Analyst, emerging markets group
- Specialist in cross border technology and services deals
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics and Economics
- MS Finance and Economics
- Currently working for a Real Estate Private Equity firm as a Director
- Worked with PwC as an Associate in their Structured Finance Group
- Graduated with a Master in Professional Accounting, and a minor in Finance.
- Passed all four parts of the CPA exam
- A Senior Analyst in an event-driven, long-short equity hedge fund firm. Responsible for outsourcing and underwriting.
- Previously, Global Fixed Income Investments Senior Associate
- Graduated B.S.E. in Operations Research and Financial Engineering
- Current Senior Manager in the Transaction Advisory Services group
- Spent 8 years between bulge bracket and boutique investment banks engaged in M&A Advisory and Debt Capital Markets
- Graduated with a BA in Political Science and MBA in Finance and Healthcare
- Currently working at UBS as an Investment Banker on the M&A Financial Institutions Group
- Prior to UBS, Himanshu work as an Investment Associate for Exin Capital Partners, participating in all aspects of the investment process, including identifying new investment opportunities, detailed due diligence, financial modeling & LBO valuation and presenting investment recommendations internally
- He also worked as an Investment Banker at Nomura India for 2.5 years covering EMEA DCM (50% for 1 year and 100% for next 1.5 years) and AeJ TMT (50% for 1 year)
- Himanshu holds an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management and a Bachelor of Engineering from Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Previously, spent 2 years as a private equity associate at Welsh Carson
- Worked at an elite boutique in IB as an analyst for over two years in M&A
- B.S. in Finance and Economics
- MBA student at an M7
- MBA at Columbia
- Currently, an Associate Portfolio Manager with Allianz Global Investors
- Was associate at Pantheon, senior associate at Dunbar Capital, and associate at 747 Capital
- Began career as an investment banking analyst at Rothschild and Co., focused on mergers & acquisitions
- Completed undergrad at NYU Stern
- Currently working at a financial services firm in the strategy and analytics department
- Previously worked 1.5 years at the Investment Banking Division of Goldman Sachs (London)
- Before that, she interned with the Financial Institutions Group and the Equity Capital Markets team at Goldman and the Executive Office at another large bank.
- She holds a B.A. (Hons) in Land Economy from the University of Cambridge, having graduated in 2015 with First Class Honours
- She also received an MA from Harvard University in 2018
- Currently VP at Private equity/VC (TMT, Consumer and Healthcare)
- Internship experience: Sales & Trading, Equity Research and Investment Banking
- Participated in various First Year Spring Programmes and Insight Days
- Commodities Trading Associate at Citigroup in Houston
- Graduated with a BS, specializing in Finance and Math
- Experience in Trading, Corporate Finance, Commercial Banking, and Equity Research
- He started his finance career working as an Investment Banking Analyst
- He then started in a role in corporate development before moving to a corporate development associate role
- He provides support to the firm's M&A processes including evaluating inbound teasers/CIMs to identify possible acquisition targets, due diligence, constructing financial models, corporate valuation, and interacting with potential acquisition targets
- He now leads all aspects of corporate finance function (FP&A and M&A), reporting directly to CFO at PLI.
- He has a BS/BA
- Currently, Trader at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Formerly, Investment Strategist at New York based Hedge Fund specializing in Fixed Income Investments
- Also served as Investment Analyst in Investment Management division of global financial services company
- Former Citi Investment Banking Analyst (Industrials and M&A)
- Currently doing business development & strategy in the startup world
- Works for a well-known software company
- Investment professional with experience in different fund strategies as well as investment banking;
- Experience as an Investment Banking Analyst at a bugle-bracket bank. Deal experience includes leveraged buyouts, leveraged recapitalizations and mergers & acquisitions for traditional media, business services, industrial and retail corporations;
- Worked as an Associate at $8B+ Multi-strategy Fund. Invested in distressed debt and special situations primarily in the technology, building products, education and retail industries.;
- Credit Analyst at Credit Fund. Invest in leveraged loans and high yield bonds in the media & telecommunications, financial institutions, auto, leisure and lodging industries
- High Yield Research Summer Associate at Barclays in Consumer and Credit Strategies;
- B.A. in Economics and Public Policy from the top tier university and MBA from top 20 program.
- Graduated in 2017 with a BA, specializing in Finance and Accounting
- Currently, an Associate at a private equity firm focused on growth equity
- Worked as an Investment Banking Analyst at J.P. Morgan in the M&A Group.
- Summer internship experiences include private equity, investment banking, and asset management
- Currently doing commercial strategy at a telecom.
- Graduated from a top tier Canadian university and gained three years of strategy consulting experience at a large telecom company before transitioning to a boutique private equity firm
- Leveraged skills acquired from previous experiences and demonstrated their relevance in the private equity sector
- CFA Charterholder
- Graduated college in 2010 - major in Finance, minor in Mandarin and Economics;
- Citi Investment Banking (Consumer Group) - 2-year analyst program;
- Experience at various real estate firms working on the acquisitions, debt, and investor relations teams.
- Has broad experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity and Principal Investing
- He was previously Vice President at Deutsche Bank Securities
- Prior to Deutsche Bank, he was at a bulge-bracket bank in the Global Energy Investment Banking Division
- He was also an analyst at an investment firm, where he helped manage a $300mm consumer products portfolio.
- He received his Master of Business Administration from a top-tier business school. He holds a BA in Public Policy and French Studies
- Currently working as an Equity Analyst at an investment management firm
- Graduated with a BSc Business Admin and BA Economics in 2011. Also received an MBA
- Investment Banking experience: BofAML Corporate Finance & Restructuring ; large international bank covering Transportation & Infrastructure
- Corporate Development experience: large consumer goods company covering M&A, corporate strategy, and investor relations
- Private Equity internship experience: special situations fund
- Investment Management experience: buyside equity analyst covering Asia-Pac technology
- Currently leads Enterprise Finance Model and End User Computing Tools Governance. Enterprise Finance comprise of Corporate Treasury, Business Finance, Corporate FP&A, Corporate Controllers, Strategic Planning, Corporate Development, Data Management Insights and Information Technology. Works closely with CFO leadership team to ensure model management complies with enterprise wide model policy. Leads the implementation of models and EUCT policy in collaboration with the Corporate Risk Policy teams. Leads the Enterprise Finance Model Risk Committee.
- Joined Wells Fargo Corporate Treasury audit to lead coverage, manage and evaluate implementation of process and standards used to measure balance sheet risk. Served in a variety audits; Asset-Liabilities Management, Global Funding-Liquidity Risk, Capital Management-CCAR, Funds Transfer Pricing, Resolution and Recovery Planning, and Portfolio Analytics.
- Prior to joining Wells Fargo, was a Risk Manager and held several Treasury positions with various companies.
- Holds an MBA and BS in Business Administration
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and CPA
- 4+ years of experience as a sellside Equity Research Associate, at both, Susquehanna International Group, and at a mid-market investment bank
- 1 year of private equity experience doing direct investing in Global Communications Infrastructure assets
- Additional experience: CFO & Co-founder of an e-commerce startup, IB Summer Analyst at a boutique investment bank, and Research Analyst
- Currently working as a Vice President at a investment management firm
- 2 years in Investment Banking at UBS - Financial Sponsors + Leveraged Finance Group
- 3.5 years at middle-market private equity fund working as an Investment Associate
- Undergrad and MBA from top-tier schools
- Currently working as the Vice President of a multi-state cannabis company
- Experience as an Associate at Morgan Stanley in the Financial Sponsors Group
- Received MBA from top-tier business school; Co-Founder of the Sports Business Club, Men's Rugby Alumni Chair
- 2009 MLB Draft Tampa Bay Rays; Professional Player from 2009-2011
- Currently, doing Corporate Development at tech-focused VC
- 2+ years experience in investment banking including Barclays
- Multiple internships across equity research, investment banking and growth equity
- Target undergrad
- Currently, an associate on the Latin American Institutional Sales desk at Citigroup
- Previously spent a summer interning with a Long Island law firm in their litigation department and another summer with a multinational conglomerate in their financial analyst development program.
- Graduated from college in 2016 with a dual degree in Finance and Commercial Real Estate. Minored in Global Political Economy
- A diverse background on both the buy and sell side of Wall Street
- He began his career as an Assistant Sales Trader at one of the bulge bracket firms on their Block Trading desk
- Then he was the Head Trader at a $2.7bn multi-strat Hedge Fund
- He also launched his own fund with friends and family capital
- Currently, Financial Analysis contractor with S&P Global
- 1.5-year experience in equity research covering the global semiconductors industry
- 4-year experience in investment banking
- Worked in Europe, Asia and US
- 5 years of experience in tutoring GMAT
- MBA with concentrations in Finance and Private Equity
- REPE Acquisitions Analyst - Responsible for the underwriting, due diligence, transaction management, and sourcing of industrial acquisitions and joint venture developments.
- Master of Real Estate Development (MRED)
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Currently an associate equity analyst at Edward Jones
- Managed proprietary capital involving short-term trading models and evaluating risk
- Mentored to deliver wealth management services to High Net Worth clients
- CFA charterholder
- Currently, an executive recruiter focused on investment banking, hedge fund, private equity, and corporate opportunities
- Member of a highly ranked pharmaceuticals research team at Goldman Sachs for 2 years
- Member of SMID biotechnology research team for a year
- M7 MBA
- Currently, run all of the biz ops for Series A startup
- 4 years of experience in startups (B2B SaaS & marketplaces)
- 2.5 years of experience in corporate ventures / corporate development
- 2 years of banking experience (Lev Fin)
- Non-target background
- Co-Founder and CEO of global financial outsourcing consultancy
- Former investment banking associate at Standard Chartered focused on upstream oil and gas industry
- Ivy League graduate with CFA progress
- Experienced Associate Consultant with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry.
- Skilled in Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Public Speaking, Market Research, Business Analytics, and Management.
- A strong consulting professional with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
- Certificate in Technology, Operations, and Value Chain Management focused in Blockchain Technologies
- Consultant for 1.5 years
- An Associate Director, specifically focus of equity long/short and event-driven.
- Previously, Analyst in Private Equity (leveraged buyout, venture capital, distressed, and special situations)
- Provided support to Corporate Investment Banking and International clients
- Master of Science focused on Risk management
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Currently serves as Portfolio Manager at PIMCO
- 4 years experience in investment banking
- 2 years experience in management consulting
- CFA charterholder
- Currently, an investment accountant/assistant portfolio manager at a boutique fixed-income firm, Caprin Asset Management, managing fixed-income portfolios for high-net-worth clients
- Previously, spent 1.5 years at a fintech start-up
- During college, was actively involved in the university's investment fund and expansion strategic 2020 plan
- Currently an investment analyst at a real estate investment firm
- 2 years as an investment banking analyst at Wells Fargo
- Prior internships in middle market investment banking and in a special situations group of a large PE shop
- Currently, a Partner at a private family office involved in the sell-side and buy-side deals
- Corporate Finance Manager - head of the capital raising and investor relations
- IB Analyst (M&A deals) and Portfolio Analyst (Asset Management)
- B.S. Economics
- AMA link
- Currently manager of trading surveillance at Lloyds Banking Group
- 2 years FX trading experience
- 2 summer internships in sales and trading
- Non-target background
- Currently M7 MBA candidate
- Previously senior consultant at EY focused on operational risk assessment, structured finance valuation analysis and pricing
- 2 summer internships in investment banking and asset management
- Equities electronic trader for a bulge bracket Advanced Execution Services.
- Extensive knowledge of algorithm development and transaction cost analysis.
- Possesses strong analytical skills to identify areas of risk and an intuitive understanding of the securities regulatory environment.
- Graduate with BA in Economics and Political Science
- Launched family office focused on venture capital-oriented investments in small businesses within the Food & Beverage industries
- 3+ years experience in real estate and real estate private equity
- As an Analyst worked on the Acquisitions / Underwriting side, and on various Asset Management assignments
- Currently managing a book of volatility arbitrage strategies at a major hedge fund
- Previously worked as proprietary volatility trader at Nomura and as a portfolio manager at another prop trading firm
- Started career in sales and trading
- Currently an associate at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 2+ years experience as a trader
- Experience dealing in short-term US-government paper, swaps, futures and funding markets
- Graduated with a BS in Commerce and Business Administration, completed with a double Major in Finance and Economics with a minor/concentration in Investment Management
- Started his career in New York for a boutique ER firm on the Business Development team where he worked with the executive management team in finding acquisition partners that mostly consisted of MM banks and boutique PE firms. Acted as sell-side advisers and got experience in building pitch books, models, managing data rooms, and working with numerous professionals across the finance industry.
- Hold a Series 79 license.
- Joined the nations largest for-profit senior living company on a 40+ person FP&A team.
- Private Equity Fund of Funds professional (PE FoF), member of the investment team, focused on primary and secondary deals and co-investments.
- 7 years of experience in strategy consulting at BCG and Strategy& (PwC).
- Experience in +30 transactions (commercial DD, operational DD, BPs assessments, etc) in Healthcare, Consumer Goods, Energy or FinTech among other sectors.
- International experience: Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia and India.
- MSc Civil Engineering degree from top European university.
- Currently a Principal at a consultancy assisting corporates, SMEs and investors with mergers, acquisitions and disposals, restructurings, fund raisings, corporate strategy formulation and corporate governance
- Strong background in corporate advisory in financial services, fund management and stockbroking sectors
- Extensive experience in various investment banking, corporate finance and stockbroking roles
- Currently working at the World Bank - IFC on finance and PPPs issues for over a decade / Int'l Trade and Development
- Has given advice to PE firms in Brazil and in the US
- M7 MBA in finance
- Current M7 MBA candidate
- Previously an associate at UBS Private Wealth Management
- Also spent 3 years managing assets at a family office
- Internship experience in sales and trading
- Founder of boutique consulting firm offering research services to investors
- Former COO of retail company
- Previously spent four years at Soros Fund Management, a highly-regarded family office
- Internship experience in private equity
- M7 MBA
- Currently covers cross asset investment strategies for UK and Ireland at Exane
- Considerable experience in cross asset derivatives and structured products sales
- Over 5 years of experience at leading investment banks both in London and Paris
- Currently a consulting manager at Visa Performance Solutions
- Prior experience in credit card advisory, global merchant services and small merchant pricing
- Completed Finance Leadership Development Program
- Graduated with a degree in Economics/Finance
- First internship was at Merril Lynch in their asset management division in my freshman year and later moved into global transactions banking at Deutsche Bank
- On his junior year, he was, fortunately, able to parlay the above internships into an Investment Banking offer at Citi for his junior summer where he also received a full-time return offer
- He spent a year and eight months working in the Industrials group and ranked top bucket (top 10% of entire analyst class)
- Presently, he has an offer to Providence Equity Growth starting Summer 2020
- Corporate finance and M&A investment banking professional with broad industry experience and a history of achievement in finance and strategy roles.
- Most recent experience includes leadership roles in the Finance and Operations departments of two former banking clients.
- Strong business knowledge developed through Wall Street positions and hands-on corporate experience.
- MBA and a Management degree
- Expertise includes: Analyzing company financial performance, creating budgets and financial projections, analyzing market and competitive trends, and implementing financial strategies and business processes
- 7 years in IBD at the mergers and acquisitions advisory group at Goldman Sachs
- Then, 3 years in private equity with 4 buy-side transactions and a portfolio company exit transaction
- Founder of a tech company
- Currently a first-year associate at a middle-market private equity firm based in San Francisco with an emphasis on technology and healthcare
- Previously worked as an investment banking analyst in the Global Industrials Group
- Graduated with a BA in Economics and a BS in Computer Science
- Active mentor in various programs while at Citigroup and the University of Georgia
- Currently, an investment associate in a multinational investment company focusing on technology, healthcare, and real estate investments
- 2 years of experience leading deal sourcing, conducting due diligence, pre-investment valuations, DCF/LBO/M&A modeling, and post-investment management.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting & Finance
- He has been in the venture capital investments since 2013 with focus on technology, media and internet
- 2 years PE Associate that executed growth equity and venture investments in companies across media, consumer, business services and technology
- 2 years at a bulge bracket bank in the M&A group
- Graduated with a BBA in Finance and Real Estate and an MBA
- 13 years in banking and private equity and credit
- He is currently a Senior Vice President for a firm that provides credit solutions for growth and middle-market companies
- Previously, he was Vice President at two private equity firms
- Prior, he was an Associate at Atlantic Street Capital and Jefferies & Company
- MBA and B.S. in Finance / Accounting
- A Private Equity Associate who participated in all stages of investment process across the media and telecom.
- 2 years as an IB analyst involved in the buy-side and sell-side M&A transactions in the healthcare sector
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Statistics
- Senior Associate at a $400M sector-focused VC/PE fund
- 2 years as an analyst in management consulting (MBB)
- HYP undergrad, BA in Philosophy
- 8+ years at the top global investment bank
- Primary expertise is healthcare investment banking in Europe, incl. large pharma, specialty pharma, biotechnology, life sciences, medical technology, healthcare IT and healthcare services
- Prior experience includes oil & gas investment research and audit & advisory at a Big 4 firm in natural resources
- In the process of transitioning to a senior healthcare venture capital role in Europe
- Generalist private equity investment professional at Apollo Global Management.
- Previously spent 2 years at a bulge bracket bank.
- Actively involved with recruiting and interview processes for candidates of all backgrounds, including interns, full-time, and lateral hires.
- Have reviewed resumes and helped prepare candidates for banking, PE, and HF interview processes.
- 3rd year VP at a generalist, middle-market PE firm in NYC. Responsible for sourcing, evaluating, end-to-end deal execution, and implementation of value creation plan
- Have spent ~8 years in PE, at both bulge brackets like Goldman Sachs and smaller boutiques, always a generalist
- Did the 2 year analyst program in investment banking at a bulge bracket
- Went to target school undergrad and M7 for business school
- Actively have provided mentorship to those early and mid-career
- Currently, M&A Senior Associate in a top-three investment bank in London
- MBA at top European Business School
- Previously Management Consultant
- Bachelor's in Business Administration and MSc in Accounting
- Currently, a second-year Associate at a consumer, growth private equity fund
- Worked at a bulge bracket investment bank for two years as an Analyst in the Consumer & Retail IB team
- Graduated with a BSc in Economics and Minor in Mathematics
- 12+ years of experience sourcing, analyzing, and investing in public & private businesses.
- Transaction focus: long/short equity investments, growth equity to leverage buyouts investments, credit investing, portfolio company strategy, operations & management, mergers & acquisitions, debt financings, IPOs, and financial advisory services
- Sector focus: consumer & retail, real estate, industrials, technology and healthcare
- Investment Banking Associate at the healthcare coverage team
- Summer analyst for a consulting firm that evaluated growth strategies and assessed market opportunities
- BA in Economics
- He has experience in both private equity and real estate investment.
- As an investment officer, he has worked at some of Asia's top funds, including PE industry leaders
- Uniquely has experience in both deploying and raising capital.
- Holds an MBA and a BA with High Honors
- More on this mentor from his AMA here.
- 2nd year associate at a mid-market generalist buyout fund
- Spent 1 year in the private equity arm of an large multi-family office
- Spent 2+ years as an investment banking analyst / associate promote at a top 10 bulge bracket bank
- B.S. (magna cum laude) and M.S.F. in Finance
- Led team recruiting efforts while in Investment Banking and interview associate level candidates in current role
- Currently an Associate at a New York-based growth equity firm investing in B2B Software, Tech-Enabled Services, Healthcare and Business Services
- Previously worked in the Technology Investment Banking Group in New York as well as a boutique Technology Investment Bank in Boston
- Served as a key member of the recruiting team and helped candidates navigate various groups at the firm
- Actively participate in reviewing resumes and providing guidance to undergrads as well as other recent graduates that are interested in investment banking, capital markets, private equity and venture capital
- Hold a B.A. in Political Science
- Currently supporting a lower middle market buy-and-build strategy in the healthcare space for a preeminent private equity firm
- He was previously a PE associate at the investment division of a diversified holding company ($8bn AUM) targeting growth and leveraged buyout investments
- Spent 2 years as an IB analyst in the leveraged finance group
- Began his career as a management consultant in the banking and capital markets group
- Skilled in valuation, financial modeling, data analysis, industry research, credit and equity investing
- Graduated from a non-target university
- Completed a junior summer internship at Rothschild and accepted a full-time offer. Worked in consumer and retail M&A at Rothschild for 1.5 years before transitioning to secondary private equity where I stayed for another 1.5 years.
- Recently left position to work on a startup. Currently in the process of building a custom sneaker marketplace where sneaker artists can showcase and sell their custom sneakers
- He joined a venture capital firm in 2018 that invested in over 100 companies that use the power of the internet to re-shape markets.
- Prior, he was a Product Manager at a NYC-based startup where he was the first business hire and helped grow the product and operations teams.
- He began his career at BlackRock as an institutional investment consulting analyst.
- A degree in Economics and Psychology
- CFA charterholder
- 2nd-year investment banking analyst focused on principal M&A transactions in the financial services space
- Prior to banking, held internships in merchant banking, commodities brokerage and wealth management
- Graduated with a degree in Economics
- Prior Consulting experience on the Deals Strategy team specializing in Growth Strategy and Commercial Due Diligence
- Worked with a Global Corporate Strategy team reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer
- Majored in Public and International Affairs minored in Computer Science and South Asian Studies
- Currently an MBA specializing in Real Estate & Finance
- He started his career with Morgan Stanley as an investment banking analyst in their global transportation & infrastructure group.
- Prior to joining PPD, he was a generalist associate at Hellman & Friedman, a large-cap private equity firm.
- Currently, he is the Executive Director of PPD, a global healthcare services company, helping pharma run clinical trials.
- He graduated from Princeton University with a B.A. in Economics.
- Engineering major, varsity athlete at a top-25, non-Ivy college
- Started career at a boutique management consulting firm
- Lateraled to boutique IB for a 2-year analyst program
- Top 15 MBA
- Off-cycle hire to lower-middle-market private equity
- Currently VP at a middle-market IB firm with a direct investing arm
- Currently a Senior Associate at a large-cap private equity firm investing in the financial services, healthcare and technology sectors.
- Previously worked at a BB bank in its Financial Institutions Investment Banking group for 2 years.
- Graduated with a B.S. in Applied Mathematics and Economics from a non-target school and played 4 years of collegiate football.
- Have interviewed dozens of candidates for both investment banking and private equity roles, and review resumes and provides mentorship services to undergrads and recent grads.
- He is currently involved in the biotechnology group
- Previously, a resident physician and worked in the healthcare group in special situations and buy-side research
- MD, Master of Bioethics and MBA
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- He's been in the PE/VC industry for 14 years.
- His experiences involve buyout and growth equity investments in technology (software), consumer, education, business services sectors, and IPO,
- Degree in Computer Science and an MBA
- He is currently in the consumer industry providing access to expertise and growth opportunities
- Spent 5 years as head of the strategy, business development and investments for a boutique advisory firm
- Previous experience in private equity (3 years) and investment banking (3 years)
- Graduated BS in Finance
- Private company CFO with a proven track record leading his last 3 companies through successful monetization/recapitalization events a after long investment banking career
- 16 years as an investment banker focused primarily on M&A going straight thru from analyst to MD and worked at both highly regarded boutiques and bulge bracket firms
- Was one of the founding partners of a successful investment banking boutique that grew to over 70 professionals globally and was recently sold to Nomura
- A Senior Vice President and bond trader at an investment management firm where he specializes in high yield, stressed, and distressed credit trading. He works with a team of investment professionals who manage a multibillion-dollar portfolio of bond assets globally.
- Prior, he worked in Leveraged Finance Sales & Trading for Goldman Sachs & Co. where he focused on the structuring, marketing, syndication, and trading of high yield bonds and distressed debt in the global capital markets.
- He is a Value Investor in Residence where he teaches investment principles, theories, and applications to undergraduate students.
- Graduated with a B.B.A. in Finance and Economics.
- She is an investor and co-founder of several life sciences companies and was Head of Healthcare and Direct Investments for The Wellcome Trust.
- Led over 20 early-stage investments in the healthcare sector
- She was a Vice President in the Health Care Investment Banking Group at Lazard Freres & Co. and a consultant with McKinsey & Co.
- Skilled in business planning and communication, venture capital, M&A, biotech, due diligence, capital raising, IP, licensing and commercialization of inventions and technology transfer.
- Holds a B.S. degree in Biomedical Ethics and an MBA in Finance
- Highly experienced and entrepreneurial leader with a demonstrated history of achievement in senior roles within tier 1 global firms spanning the technology, venture, private equity and financial services sectors.
- Incredibly strong foundation of skills across a broad array of business functions; corporate development and strategy, M&A, venture and seed stage investing, portfolio management and optimization, manager selection & due diligence, private equity, real estate, operations, post-merger integration, sales & business development, team building, cost management, capital preservation, and risk management.
- Bachelors, Law and MBA
- VP of finance and strategy for a consumer-focused investor
- He started his career in investment banking focused on M&A, consumer and retail, healthcare and capital markets.
- Master of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- A member of the investment team that invests in middle-market industrial companies in North America and Europe.
- He was an analyst at a BB bank in the Diversified Industries Investment Banking Group.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Currently provides investment management services through direct investment in venture, growth, and private equity.
- He spent more than 2 years in merchant banking.
- He has experience in investment banking in the M&A advisory group (consumer, retail and real estate).
- MBA and Bachelor of Science
- Investment banker with 10+ years of experience
- Have worked across multiple platforms (investment banking, capital markets, sales & trading) in both New York & London
- Experience in M&A, leveraged finance, IPOs / follow-ons and private capital raises
- Have worked across multiple industries and coverage groups
- Currently, a member of an investment team managing a fund dedicated to non-control growth equity transactions
- Previously spent ~4 years as an investment banking analyst as an industry generalist focusing on buy-side, sell-side, restructuring, and M&A transactions
- He organized syndicates and sourced investment opportunities for various family offices
- Bachelor of Science, Finance from non-target
- Investment Manager at a Private Equity firm investing in early-stage companies based in the U.K., Nordic and DACH regions
- 5 years + Investment Banking experience involved in a broad range of M&A and strategic advisory assignments for clients globally. Primarily covering the Transport & Infrastructure and Metals, Mining & Materials sectors
- Graduated with BSc Hons in Mathematics with Economics and MSc Hons in Law
- An Associate Director at a Swiss-based PE alternative investments manager with a focus on private equity and liquid alts / HFs
- Previously spent 6+ years at BlackRock, beginning in legal / compliance before moving to an alternatives sales/business development team
- Graduated with a B.A. degree in Economics and is a CFA charterholder
- Distressed & special situations investment analyst focused on debt instruments. Generalist
- IB (Analyst to Associate direct promote) focused on GP-led fund restructuring and single-asset SPV transactions. Generalist
- Worked on distressed debt workouts across the energy vertical; experience in American and Canadian in-court and out-of-court restructuring
- Credentials: Passed CFA Level 2 and generic Series exams for IB roles
- Bachelor of Science, Finance, International Business
- Currently, a Director at a merchant banking firm focused on restructuring advisory and private equity businesses
- 3 years of experience as an investment banking analyst at a bulge bracket bank
- Specialties: M&A, Capital Raising, Strategy
- BSc in Business Administration and Management
- Currently an MBA student at HBS/Stanford GSB
- Previously worked for 2-3 years as a private equity associate focusing on TMT investments
- Spent 2-3 years as an investment banking analyst in GS TMT/MS Menlo
- Graduated with a liberal arts degree
- Link to AMA
- She has been with her current firm for 3 years and her position sits on the boards of two companies, one a CPG brand and one an investment fund.
- Previously, spent 2 years as a private equity associate at a prestigious mid-market fund
- Worked at a bulge bracket IB as an analyst for two years in leveraged finance
- B.S. in Finance
- An investor with deep mathematical and data skills and a strong interest in innovative technologies.
- Currently a data science consultant for a global internet investment firm
- BA in Mathematics
- Investment banking senior analyst with experience across M&A, equity capital markets, shareholder activism and leveraged finance
- Currently 3rd year analyst at BB bank with a focus on M&A in the consumer & retail industry sectors
- Prior, he started career at European global investment bank in the M&A group based in NY, with experience across metals & mining, chemicals and consumer
- B.S. in Business Administration from semi-target school in the West Coast
- Principal at a VC Fund who leads investment origination and execution in enterprise software, internet, and consumer verticals
- He was a PE Associate at a leading growth equity firm and was engaged in all aspects of transaction execution, including conducting business, market, and financial diligence. Executed platform LBO + M&A roll-up.
- He started his career as an IB Analyst (2 yrs), TMT Group at BB. He led OCR for target school.
- Seasoned Capital Markets professional. Junior Portfolio Manager, Quant/Strategist and Data Scientist.
- 5.5 years of cross assets, derivatives and systematic trading experience at top tier hedge fund and investment Banks.
- General and Financial Engineer
- Currently working in the strategic finance group at a large tech company in the Bay Area.
- Previously spent two years in impact investing, providing debt/equity capital to mission-focused organizations working in underserved communities across the US.
- Before that, spent four years as an associate at a Canadian investment banking firm in the diversified industries and technology, media, & telecommunications group.
- Private Equity investor at a large buyout firm focused on Growth and LBO strategies. Europe-based and part of the Global Healthcare team.
- Experience in US-based mid-market PE firm.
- He was a PE associate in a turnaround firm performing debt-to-equity investments on behalf of syndicated lenders.
- He started his career as a Consultant for a Strategy Consulting Firm in the corporate finance and restructuring group.
- BS & MSc and an MBA
- 6 years of finance experience, most recently in technology investment banking
- Focus: M&A and strategic shareholder/financial advisory to companies in the technology industry with a passionate interest in the software and internet/digital media verticals
- Serves as a mentor and advisor to emerging entrepreneurs and enjoys talking about technology, investing, entrepreneurship, world events, music and whatever is interesting.
- Holds a BA Finance & Accounting degree
- Currently a senior associate at a private equity / growth equity fund based in NYC, focusing on financial services, business services, and TMT
- Previously worked as an associate for a generalist mid-market private equity buyout fund based in London, and an M&A investment banking analyst at a BB in NYC
- Holds an MBA from Harvard Business School
He has over 20 years of principal investing, investment banking, restructuring and operational experience, primarily in the real estate industry.
A co-founder and Managing Partner of YAD Capital, an alternative asset management firm which seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns by opportunistically investing in private credit opportunities.
Prior to co-founding YAD Capital, he was the COO & CFO of Halpern Real Estate Ventures where he assumed a strategic role in the overall management of the firm. In that role, he oversaw a portfolio of 11 investments and was responsible for implementing, managing and controlling all operational and financial-related activities, including accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, human resources, compliance, and investors communication. During that time, he executed and managed over $650 million of real estate transactions.
Prior to that, he invested in and advised several real estate operating companies, REITs and private equity real estate firms on more than $4.5 billion of complex corporate finance and strategic transactions at various organizations including CW Capital, EdgeRock Realty Advisors, JEN Partners and Lehman Brothers.
He started his career at Deloitte, first as an auditor in their Financial Institutions Group and subsequently as a turnaround consultant in their Restructuring group. He holds an M.B.A. degree in Finance from New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business, an M.S. degree in Financial Engineering from University of Paris Creteil, and a B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, and Corporate Taxation from University of Paris Dauphine.
- Currently taking some time off to travel Southeast Asia after working in Investment Banking and Private Credit
- Private Credit experience as part of a NY-based Technology & Tech-Enabled Services growth capital firm
- Analyst to Associate promoted during Investment Banking stint with DB's Financial Sponsors group (SF & NY)
- Non-target undergrad background (local boutique junior year internship to full-time bulge bracket offer)
- Former BCG Project Leader based in New York and actively involved with recruitment & interviewing of aspiring management consultants
- 7+ years of coaching/ mentoring experience in management consulting (BCG, McKinsey, Bain) with 100+ mentees
- Industry experience in Biopharma / Biotech / Social Sector
- Harvard PhD (Neuroscience), ETH Zurich MS (Physics)
- Current 1st-year private equity associate working in flagship corporate buyout fund at a megafund (Apollo/BX/Carlyle)
- Relevant, recent on-cycle PE recruiting experience (participated and received PE offer in 2017 on-cycle process)
- 2 years of experience at BB in investment banking
- Target school background
- Currently a senior associate at GTCR
- Previously spent 2.5+ years at an elite boutique bank in M&A advisory. Led group's recruiting efforts including resume screens and interviews for intern and full-time positions (including lateral hires). Served as a mentor to summer interns and first year analysts.
- Graduated in 2014 with a B.A. in physics from a top 5 U.S. university. During college, worked in the University's Career Advancement office as an advisor mentoring students on resume writing, interview prep, and job search strategies. Currently serve as a board member to the University's private equity club, mentoring current undergraduate students on recruiting strategies and the broader private equity industry.
- Will be attending a top 3 MBA program starting in the fall and plan to return to the private equity industry after business school
- He manages Asia fixed income and currencies markets as an associate
- He mentored and trained junior staff in understanding volatility products and how to succeed at a bank
- Bachelor of Commerce, in Finance & Bachelor of Laws
- Early-stage venture capital investor at large $500M+ fund focusing on software investments globally; responsible for leading end-to-end deal processes
- Prior experience in product management and management consulting, with experience launching and scaling multiple products past $1M annual revenue to acquisition
- Bachelors in Social Sciences
- A Senior Associate for an early-stage VC firm that invests in technology-enabled companies.
- He was an M&A analyst under the power, energy and infrastructure group at a middle-market investment bank.
- BS in Commerce and an MBA
- Head of Strategy where he focuses on strategic business initiatives for the portfolio of companies
- Prior, he was a Vice President in the Global Sports Finance and Advisory Group (Public Sector & Infrastructure) within the Investment Banking Division at Goldman Sachs.
- He specialized in advisory and finance engagements related to sports franchises including M&A and stadium development projects.
- Currently, Director of Corporate Development focusing on the gene and cell therapy pipelines.
- He has worked in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries for over 15 years in various roles of increased leadership and responsibility. These included positions within corporate strategy, global operations and manufacturing, business development, commercial development.
- Extensive experience in global product launches and life-cycle management.
- Doctoral graduate of the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Over 160 public presentations at a variety of high-impact conferences
- Senior Director of Strategic Finance and FP&A with 8+ years of well-rounded experience across Strategic Finance, FP&A, Product, Capital Markets, Structured Finance, and Investment Banking roles.
- Natural leader with proven success in managing teams and working cross-functionally.
- B.S. in Operations Research and Information Engineering
- Chief Investment Officer, Managing Director for transportation infrastructure PE fund
- 15 years in M&A and DCM, in US, LATAM, and Asia
- Industry focus has been asset-based (aircraft/airline, shipping, commodities, hospitals, infrastructure, structured real estate), predominantly in the private capital markets
- An Associate at private equity funds in New York focused on making controlling equity investments in manufacturing and industrial companies across a diverse array of industries, including basic materials, branded consumer, healthcare and luxury products, automotive parts, capital equipment, and general manufacturing.
- He spent ~4 years in Investment Banking covering M&A, restructuring, and healthcare (Chicago).
- He holds a B.S. in Finance and Economics
- Former Vice President at a PE firm responsible for the deployment of $5.5bn of capital
- Focused specifically in financials institutions oriented investment opportunities - target industries include specialty finance, banks, and financial technology companies
- Prior FIG investment banking across multiple prestigious firms
- Significant experience in mentoring and tutoring Wall Street candidates - has provided interview preparation and resume review services for investment banking, private equity and hedge fund candidates previously
- 12 years of experience in predicting complex time series with simulation and machine learning / deep learning
- Built models for commodities, aircraft, hotels, healthcare, nuclear fuel reprocessing, taxpayer customer life cycle, scientific instruments, social influence operations
- PhD in Public Administration
- Graduated with BS in System Dynamics
- Currently second year analyst at Elite Boutique in generalist M&A and Restructuring in New York
- Graduated from top 5 liberal arts college with a BA in Economics
- Began career as an M&A consultant before working in investment banking
- He joined his current firm in September 2018
- He worked at a global private equity firm specializing in mergers, acquisitions, and operations of companies that provide mission-critical products and services in a diverse set of industries.
- Prior, he was an analyst at J.P.Morgan in their Consumer & Retail investment banking group.
- Received a B.S. in Business Administration
- Worked as an Associate at a middle-market PE firm that targets investment in financial services, media, industrials and energy.
- Investment banking analyst at Goldman Sachs
- Currently attends top business school
- Graduated with an A.B. in Economics
- Currently an associate at a middle-market consumer private equity fund
- Previously spent 3.5 years at an elite boutique IB as an M&A associate and analyst, and less than a year at a middle market bank
- Can speak about lateral, both IB analyst/associate, and transitioning to PE experiences
- Graduated with a BS in Finance and Marketing
- He spent 13 years in investing and technology
- An electronics engineer with an MBA
- Currently, he is the CEO of a full-stack asset management platform for real estate where they are boldly aggregating data to democratize this asset class, by offering value-add tools to professional investors, powered by cutting edge analytics
- Currently, assist with underwriting and market analysis on institutional assets (student housing, multifamily and joint venture)
- Worked as a Brokerage Analyst writing feasibility and market studies
- Bachelor's Degree in Humanities
- Pursuing Master's in Real Estate
Check out his recent podcast here
Check out his AMA here
- Currently CFO at a business unit within F500 company
- Previously Director of FP&A, F500
- Other Corporate Finance experience includes supporting Sales, Marketing/Commercial, Operations, Global Business Units across 2 F500s in the Industrial and Healthcare/Pharma space.
- Non-Corporate Finance experience in Big 4 accounting and financial consulting.
- Currently a Co-Founder at a venture-backed company building a platform to facilitate fractional home ownership
- Previously, a founding member of a Series A payments startup based out of New York and Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Laws, Law
- Currently consultant for some of the most profitable funds in the hedge fund space, top 5% contributor
- Experience as quant macro hedge fund manager, head of investments for multi-asset long only, research analyst in multi-pm hf platform
- Worked as quant analyst in the sell side (tier 1 US investment bank)
- PhD in Engineering
- Worked as a junior trader in oil division of a top commodity merchant trading house
- Experienced in physical and financial derivatives markets
- Prior internships at a commodity futures/ options brokerage, market data provider, venture capital firm, and freight brokerage
- Graduated with a B.S. in Economics from nontarget
- A Senior Associate in the Private Equity team of a global, large-cap PE fund with +EU40bn AUM
- Previously, he was an Investment Banking Associate / Analyst at Bank of America Merrill Lynch's TMT groups in New York and London
- While at BAML, he had exposure to multiple product areas, such as M&A, Equities and Fixed Income, with deal experience across various industries, including Software, Internet, Cable, EdTech, Data Centers, Towers, and Theme Parks
- Graduated with a B.S. in Finance, Accounting, and Management Information Systems
- He is fluent in English and Spanish, and can speak to the nuances of the international student / work visa process in the US and Europe, as well as his experiences doing IB / PE in both regions
- Working as an Analyst in Product Strategy (intersection between Portfolio Management and Sales) with focus on two multi-asset portfolio groups: Income and Model Portfolios (built from ETFs)
- Previously interned at HSBC Group's Global Banking division in the real estate and infrastructure team
- Graduated with a BSc in Economics
Check out his podcast here
Take a look at this AMA here
- Currently works in NYC as a Senior Associate at a $50MM Seed/Series A focused venture fund
- Previously spent 2 years as an Associate at a $25MM Seed/Series A venture fund that focused on frontier technology
- Previously spent 1 year as an Equity Trader at a proprietary trading firm
- M.S. Finance
- B.S. Mathematics, Minor in Physics
- Currently, an investment professional at Saudi Aramco with multi-billion-dollar deal experience (M&A, JV development and carve-outs)
- Formerly an asset manager at a wholly owned real estate investment vehicle and the founder of a multiple international award-winning clean-tech start-up.
- Graduated from an elite school
- A CFA Charterholder, a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 2nd Year Analyst at a Canadian Bulge Bracket bank covering Financial Institutions
- As a member of the bank's recruitment committee, he saw first hand what it takes to land a job in IB
- He is responsible for meeting potential candidates, selecting candidates for interviews and conducting interviews. He also a team captain on the recruitment committee, meaning he oversees the recruitment efforts of the bank from a specific set of schools
- Previously in mid-market investment banking as a generalist with a focus on consumer goods, technology and industrials; prior to mid-market IB he had experience working at one of Canada's largest public equities fund
- He went to a non-target school (1-2 students per year working in IB) and knows what it takes to network effectively to stand-out as a non-target
- He recently joined a think tank and company builder to help create the next generation of cyber, data, and fintech companies.
- In 2018, he was part of the Principal Strategic Investments team in New York which later on merged with the Merchant Banking Division's Growth Equity arm as well as the Special Situation Group's PCI team to become the Growth Equity and Venture Capital team
- Following graduation, he joined a venture capital fund as a Venture Analyst in both due diligence and portfolio management capacities
- Graduated with a BA in Business Management
- Entry-level associate for BCG in the NYC office (joined as an experienced hire one year out of school from another consulting firm in NYC)
- Completed BA / MS from target public school on the east coast
- Has completed over 100 case interviews
- Currently, equity fundamental and macro research associate at a bulge bracket generating top-down and bottom-up analysis to produce trade ideas for clients
- Previously spent a year as a High-Yield & Leverage Loan research analyst covering the natural resources sector
- Graduated with a BS in Economics, Mathematics, and Statistics
- A Strategy Consulting Associate in the life science practices
- Actively involved in the analyst and associate recruitment
- BSc Pharmacology & Molecular Genetics and MSc in Global Management