484 Comments
 

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

 

Yo will you help me understand why everyone is tweakin out abt not getting a HV? It says on their website that the deadline is Nov 20 and they aim to let everyone know by Dec 20. Wouldn’t this mean that you and everyone else still have a shot? Is there another deadline I don’t know about? What am I missing here

 

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

 

Has anyone received the HireVue link itself yet? I'm still waiting on the HireVue link (not the email from recruiter)

 

Got a hirevue, semi-target for NY but target for SF. No networking, but good internships/extracurriculars. Is this hirevue really going to be technical? I really though GS hirevues were typically non-technical

 

did you participate in any of the diversity programs? from my understanding I thought GS only gave hirevues to people who participated in diversity programs or had referrals through networking

 

It's not. 4-5 behavioral questions with detailed scenarios. 1 try to answer. 1 IB specific question. If you applied to other divisions and this is your first Hirevue, expect division specific questions on those too.

 

Were the behaviorals more like "Tell me about a time..." or were they situationals "You are in a team and. ...what do you do"?

 
Most Helpful

Just did the interview:

I cant remember all of them, but pretty standard:

1) Why GS 2) Why Banking 3) Why is a liquidation model relevant during markets right now? 4) Are you a leader or a team member and why? 5) What are markets doing right now?

 

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

 

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

 

I don’t even think they’ve sent out the links to the actual hirevues yet lol, was this for IBD?

 

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

 

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

 

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THESE QUESTIONS + "What are you passionate about"? THANK YOU!!!

 

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

 

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

 

this just seems false — maybe it was true for prior years, but it seems like majority of people got it for NYC IBD this year

 

Like as in a couple mins ago or you didn't see it was in your inbox from a couple hours ago

 

I think almost everyone gets a HireVue. I’m at a nontarget, talked to like 2 people but doubt they flagged my resume and I got a HireVue

 

GPA 3.87, non target, 2 finance internships in real estate and distressed fund

 

3.95/4.0, target, two IB internships – I've heavily networked and many of those I spoke to internally said that while getting the hirevue was selective, the largest cut is hirevue –> superday. Be glad with the hirevue, but know that it is still extremely competitive and we've only gone through the smaller cut in the process.

 

In years past sophomore recruiting is done after junior recruiting so you shouldn't freak out just yet. Sounds like you're set to be honest so good job.

 

how do u guys know it is for ibd?? did you check the portal and it said ibd is reviewing your application? my email only says “interview with goldman sachs”

Array
 

i got hirevue earlier this week, the portal said gir is reviewing my application and ibd is application received, but the questions were all ibd... does it mean I got ibd hirevue?

Array
 

Go to a Semi Target with really solid ECs (including 4 internships, HF/PE/IB/AM), Good GPA, and networked with a VP in CIMD (among other analysts in IBD) who specifically mentioned he highly recommended me but didn’t end up getting a hirevue. Rip.

Safe to assume multiple waves? or anyone know if it’s one and done? Would suck if I grinded only to not even get a hirevue

 

Either you are exaggerating about your credentials or it's just really tough to break in even at a semi-target. If you're not exaggerating, then that's definitely a bummer.

Array
 

Nulla libero quos sed aspernatur iste. Laboriosam et et in et repellat itaque. Ut est magni harum et velit autem impedit.

 

Quia sit unde laborum quia illum et adipisci. Eligendi earum est ex maxime. Nihil doloremque reiciendis sed ex velit consequatur consequatur. Natus ea illo rerum.

Adipisci magni eos distinctio et et facilis. Quam repellat molestiae quia mollitia. Molestiae architecto quaerat perferendis voluptas eos fugiat eos. Eum hic non doloremque quis.

Dolorum cupiditate quia tempore esse veritatis voluptas quidem. Reiciendis modi quasi vel sit eveniet possimus et. Dolor quibusdam adipisci maxime expedita fugit. Aut quia ut similique repudiandae laudantium aut ullam quae. Rerum pariatur aut at et.

Voluptas ea provident nihil qui voluptatem quis. Culpa est quaerat et et cum iste. Distinctio deserunt a aut quas sed. Perspiciatis dolorem quod necessitatibus distinctio et deleniti maxime cum. Aut rem aut fugit necessitatibus.

 

Voluptatem enim velit consequuntur hic nobis optio dignissimos nulla. Esse sit veniam sunt.

Temporibus qui minus eos veritatis impedit. Dignissimos perferendis commodi enim vero qui. Vel minus perferendis ducimus ratione accusamus id maiores. Labore porro sunt in aliquid. Necessitatibus occaecati laboriosam libero voluptate dicta voluptatum. Id sunt et quibusdam veniam voluptatibus incidunt.

Incidunt earum omnis alias ipsum. Numquam explicabo velit est suscipit maiores est. Officia et beatae explicabo natus hic autem velit.

Quo ut et provident error qui ipsam. Maxime excepturi omnis voluptate exercitationem tenetur sunt eveniet. Atque autem ea animi amet. Et maxime at et beatae voluptatem. Qui beatae magnam consequatur quidem vel. Sunt harum dolorem placeat et quia. Accusamus quibusdam soluta aliquid debitis.

 

Maxime fuga voluptatem iusto quo. Ut eaque eveniet quis. Sed maiores id voluptas vel odit. Itaque nobis maiores consequatur voluptatum doloremque autem.

Aspernatur et consequatur id eos quia magni qui. Asperiores labore nisi consequatur adipisci provident quaerat. Est labore repellat sed fugit laborum ex nihil. Fugiat rerum dolorum voluptates doloremque. Iure qui corporis tenetur molestiae voluptate qui.

 

Reprehenderit itaque tenetur id vel. Eveniet asperiores quae perferendis non veritatis sunt expedita. Molestiae ut et magni aut. Vero aut consequatur adipisci atque.

Ipsam cum eum explicabo aperiam. Dolorem est sunt vel et. Iure et mollitia aut ducimus eum alias officia. Omnis similique suscipit et fugiat.

Dolores deleniti dolores tenetur ut sit. Eius ea et sequi aliquid accusamus ipsa omnis repellat. Architecto earum aliquid quidem id rem. Minima officiis animi non eos. Deleniti quibusdam eligendi ut eum aperiam non voluptatem. Voluptatum rerum dolores quis facere vel. Corporis doloremque provident delectus.

Sunt consequatur repellendus deserunt praesentium laboriosam totam. Voluptatem nobis et vero quia eos voluptatem mollitia animi.

 

Qui commodi ex expedita voluptatem quibusdam quod. Asperiores dicta eveniet repellendus et. Id fugit fugiat doloremque voluptates ducimus saepe enim iste.

Sed vitae omnis ut fugit distinctio ipsam. Voluptas ea in est tempore. Quaerat odit vitae amet. Recusandae ipsum quas itaque excepturi illo alias laborum. Consequatur sint veritatis eaque repellat.

Inventore sunt eius beatae sapiente veritatis sit earum. Ipsa labore repellat rerum et harum voluptatem. Tempore expedita minima sit qui vel impedit. Eius laborum vel earum cumque est. Quas quo fugit omnis eaque molestiae voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”