Most Helpful

As someone who has been chatting with candidates about this program, something that really bothers me is when candidates fake diversity. I know this is a hot take, but as someone who has probably chatted 20+ candidates in the past month, it's very obvious to see who is actually passionate about bringing their set of experiences and perspectives to the table and who just checked off the "LGBTQ" box when applying to get through the door. I mean fair move right, it's not like I can prove that you are or are not gay.

At the end of the day, this program is meant to truly give representation to traditionally under-represented groups. I look at some of these applications and they say Black/Hispanic but their last name is 'Wu" and grew up in Shanghai. I'm not saying it is impossible to have the last name of Wu and be Black/Hispanic, but if you truly are going to pitch to me that you are a mixed Asian child from overseas, please at least make the effort to have a story to back it up, or some sort of experience that qualifies you and your interests. Again, I hate the idea of making people "prove" anything as these are not questions that are truly professional or frankly any of my business. But when your actions directly take away opportunities from others, that is wrong. Glad I haven't come across any fake veterans yet, might just lose my mind.

I pressed one candidate to talk about how their experiences have impacted their choice in career interest, and he eventually just went with while he is not a part of the LGBTQ community, he resonates with their experiences as an ally and has done lots of research into their struggles. Therefore his diversity in his thinking makes him a good candidate. Been seeing a lot of this recently, candidates with zero regard for the point of the program and will say anything or write anything for an easier way in. Don't do it. 

first. Wonder if 1st years will still get a HV. 

Did the MS First Year hirevue and it was just "Why do you want to pursue a career in financial services", "Describe yourself in three-to-five words", and one other easy behavioral. Second years might get technicals but it'll probably just be like "walk me through a DCF" or "how do the three financial statements tie together"

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 01 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (206) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (148) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”