Most Helpful

As someone who has been chatting with candidates about this program, something that really bothers me is when candidates fake diversity. I know this is a hot take, but as someone who has probably chatted 20+ candidates in the past month, it's very obvious to see who is actually passionate about bringing their set of experiences and perspectives to the table and who just checked off the "LGBTQ" box when applying to get through the door. I mean fair move right, it's not like I can prove that you are or are not gay.

At the end of the day, this program is meant to truly give representation to traditionally under-represented groups. I look at some of these applications and they say Black/Hispanic but their last name is 'Wu" and grew up in Shanghai. I'm not saying it is impossible to have the last name of Wu and be Black/Hispanic, but if you truly are going to pitch to me that you are a mixed Asian child from overseas, please at least make the effort to have a story to back it up, or some sort of experience that qualifies you and your interests. Again, I hate the idea of making people "prove" anything as these are not questions that are truly professional or frankly any of my business. But when your actions directly take away opportunities from others, that is wrong. Glad I haven't come across any fake veterans yet, might just lose my mind.

I pressed one candidate to talk about how their experiences have impacted their choice in career interest, and he eventually just went with while he is not a part of the LGBTQ community, he resonates with their experiences as an ally and has done lots of research into their struggles. Therefore his diversity in his thinking makes him a good candidate. Been seeing a lot of this recently, candidates with zero regard for the point of the program and will say anything or write anything for an easier way in. Don't do it. 

when u say chatted, does that mean an interview process after submitting the app? also those who blatantly fake diversity are docked off points, right lol? being an ally and applying for a LGBTQ program is a bit scummy, no matter their intentions 

Chatted as in phone coffee chats. Interviews are typically conducted by HR.

I always try to make time to speak with prospective candidates as I was in their shoes just a few years ago and knew I would appreciate every opportunity I got. That said, most people reach out with an intention, no one just randomly wants to intro themselves with no purpose and that's perfectly fine.

At the end of the day, I am not the final decision maker. I also have no definitive proof of any of these claims and am not willing to get into a Title 9 argument with my own internal HR to prove someone is or is not gay or black/latino. What I can control is who I refer, who's resume I pass on for a second review, etc...The job hunt process is a stressful time, and I accept people may want to take shortcuts in the face of uncertainty. It's not my right to play judge, jury, and executioner. If anything, I hope everyone I spend my downtime chatting with can have a positive takeaway regardless if they are diverse or not. 

I agree with that. But as Asian straight males, it's much harder to get into, well, any programmes in top firms in general, since there are, in numbers, many of them out there, and firms need to select some of them, but not all, even though they might be equally capable. I don't think faking diveristy/ethinicity/sexuality is a good move, but that means we are much more exposed to the risks of extreme competitions if we give this information, especially when you can't fake/enclose your nationality.

The only way we can secure ourselves in this case, is either to not have an Asian/Chinese surname, which is hard, or "prefer not to say" our ethinicity/sexuality.

In short faking diversity info is not right, but it exists not because of people like to lie, but being Asian/Chinese straight males is an disadvantage. Existence implies rationality, afterall.

havent you thought that its "much harder" to get into these programs since they're not meant for you in the first place?, Straight asian-americans are not under-represented ,nor are they typically under-priviledged economically speaking either. The whole point of these programs is Diversity, your profile does not class as some diverse candidate at all 

Difficult to assign a program with speakers and events when there is no set in stone roster of who will still be at the firm after this week. Possible some programs get cut in headcount but not an expert in this. Last I spoke with the recruiters they are still in process and working on the backend to prep for Campus Recruitment as the primary focus of their efforts this spring. 

what time did you get it? wondering if it’s slowly trickling out

Anybody have any insight on the probability of interviewing for a role at the end or what the process is like for sourcing candidates within summits that could be fits for SA24?

You should have gotten two emails , one from GS recruiting and one from a email- [email protected] , which will say the typical congrats and indicate which summit you are invited to.

How likely are you to get an interview for SA24 after doing one of these programs? Is it any help in the recruitment process at GS?

I emailed the attached diversity recruiting email explaining my issue and sharing a screenshot of what was happening. They just got back to me saying they have confirmed my RSVP and will reach out if they have any updates. I'd recommend anyone having this issue take the same steps.

When I applied all the way back in November it said that "We will reach out to you if you are selected to attend at least two days before the event date with details" so it might be that theyre still releasing some decisions.

Asked around and apparently no email either means u are rejected or waitlisted. They are seeing who RSVPs and from there they will fill empty spots until 2 days before it seems. 

Rerum eius qui tempore dolorem. Voluptas molestiae quam assumenda. Voluptas ut neque dolorem. Vitae corporis excepturi repudiandae exercitationem.

Inventore illum placeat provident occaecati. Commodi eveniet incidunt voluptatem hic accusamus.

Maiores repellendus aut dolores. Ut amet quod corrupti inventore unde dolorem. Harum vel dolores voluptatem et perferendis. Distinctio quasi qui nostrum sed voluptas architecto quidem similique. Porro sint vitae quia omnis illo accusantium iusto.

Dolor illum et fugit nostrum. Vel quis ipsum qui et ut voluptatem non fugiat. Omnis magni officiis ab voluptatum.

Eos molestiae eos repudiandae maiores quis sit reiciendis. Asperiores quidem dignissimos et. Iure ullam animi est voluptatem magni exercitationem. Autem doloribus eum velit architecto qui modi delectus.

Molestiae voluptas sit dolorum libero. Asperiores laboriosam illum ex odio quo saepe voluptatem.

Et aperiam expedita et laboriosam ad. Sed provident inventore aliquam ut occaecati tempore eum. Quaerat eaque consequatur est cum dicta officiis. Impedit aut pariatur repellendus est qui voluptatum.

Et fuga ea ut. Reiciendis odio consequatur eos vel animi maxime. Possimus iure perferendis assumenda hic maiores quos placeat.

Veritatis saepe omnis enim sapiente. Iure voluptas ex quia possimus asperiores minima ut. Sapiente optio ullam a nostrum saepe quia quis beatae. Voluptas voluptatem et dolorum. Illum sunt tempora veritatis doloribus voluptas.

Aut voluptatem exercitationem neque corrupti deserunt atque. Possimus qui labore qui alias eum doloribus. Incidunt tempora iure eos consequuntur omnis ab. Et necessitatibus ut quibusdam atque ullam voluptatum.

Harum et deserunt alias aut tenetur illum. Possimus veniam ut molestias repudiandae ipsa delectus accusamus. Impedit dignissimos distinctio molestiae cum. Quos nulla aut voluptas ut consequuntur.

Totam saepe quo quia dolorum accusamus illum cupiditate. Id autem deleniti excepturi ipsa accusamus. Tempore omnis ex vero sint eligendi. Omnis aliquid minus eius non totam voluptate.

Quo est ut harum omnis ea quia. Et nesciunt fugiat iste dolor rem quas. Quia eos totam eum ratione inventore rerum.

Est deserunt quod officia ipsam labore et. Molestias voluptate dicta quia qui voluptas. Rerum optio dolorem dolorem sit similique quam. Tenetur omnis qui impedit eius accusamus. Repudiandae earum numquam ratione accusantium impedit.

Est quaerat dolores saepe ut aliquam pariatur veniam aut. Odit similique saepe veritatis sint explicabo rem alias. Dolores labore rerum laboriosam minus. Nisi id sunt ratione eius.

Accusantium ut corporis accusamus adipisci consequatur. Beatae incidunt consequatur sint natus porro adipisci eos. Fugiat quod quia beatae non id.

Quasi voluptatem quaerat accusamus consequatur quia rerum facilis. Dolores minus enim consequatur veritatis facilis. Necessitatibus vero sunt aut consequatur. Qui quos ullam voluptatem odio.

Mollitia atque qui tenetur aut recusandae unde quibusdam eum. Inventore quam laudantium doloribus maxime. Sint dolorem doloremque voluptate aut.

Nobis aut at incidunt quo aut culpa inventore. In omnis ad quos eum. Omnis dolorem iste a ducimus dolor. Vitae dolorem aut id perspiciatis porro sed.

Asperiores corporis quia praesentium non. Ullam consectetur autem saepe neque magnam sint quasi. Sunt et sunt quo qui repudiandae quod architecto iusto. Maxime error numquam modi fugit. Qui quod magni necessitatibus esse.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”