London 2023 Progress Megathread

Hi guys,

Surprised no one has made a thread for this year yet, so I thought I'd go ahead and attempt to create a more streamlined thread outlining the stages that firms are at in their recruitment cycles.

UPDATED AS OF Jan 6th, 2023

• Ares - Recruitment Finished (SA)
  • Bain Capital - Recruitment Finished (SA)
  • Baird - Recruitment Finished (OC)
  • Barclays - AC’s out (SA)
  • Blackstone - Offers out (SA)
  • BofA - Offers out (SA)
  • BNP - Offers out (SA & FT)
  • Campbell Lutyens - 2nd Round Interviews (SA)
  • Centerview - Offers out (SA)
  • Citi - Recruitment Finished (SA)
  • CS - Offers out (SA)
  • DB - Recruitment Finished (SA)
  • DC Advisory - Recruitment Finished (SA / FT)
  • Evercore - Recruitment Finished (SA / FT)
  • FT Partners - Offers out (SA / FT)
  • Gleacher - Recruitment Finished (SA / OC)
  • Greenhill - Recruitment Finished (SA)
  • Harris Williams - Recruitment Finished (SA / FT)
  • GS - Offers out (SA) / Hiring Freeze IBD (FT)
  • HL CF - Recruitment Finished (SA / FT)
  • HL Rx - AC’s (SA) / First Round (FT)
  • HSBC - Markets AC's (SA)
  • Jefferies - Offers out (SA)
  • JPM - Offers out (SA / FT)
  • Lazard IB - Filled from Spring (SA) / Recruitment Finished (FT)
  • Macquarie - HireVue (SA)
  • Mizuho - Offers out (SA)
  • Moelis - Offers out (SA) / Interviews (FT)
  • MS - Offers out (SA)
  • NatWest - Don't apply here.
  • Nomura - Offers out (SA)
  • PIMCO - Offers out (SA)
  • Piper Sandler - Offers out (SA)
  • PJT - Recruitment Finished (SA & FT)
  • PWP - Recruitment Finished (SA) / Interviews (OC)
  • Raymond James - Recruitment Finished (SA)
  • RBC - Offers out (SA)
  • Rothschild - Recruitment Finished (SA & FT)
  • SocGen - Offers out (SA)
  • Temasek - Recruitment Finished (SA)
  • UBS - AC’s (SA), S&T offers out (FT)
  • WF - No Update (FT)
  • WB - Interviews Out (OC)

If you know of any progress, please comment here so we can consolidate them. Feel free to comment on other firms, and I will add them to the thread.

Thanks!

My personal timeline looking for a SA role in the UK as an International Student

Macquarie IBD: Sonru/VI 15ish October

HSBC IBD: Job Sim 15ish October

Rothschild IBD (Leeds not London): Test 17th October

PIMCO Alts Business Management: got invited for VI yesterday and is due on the 21st of Nov.

RBS/Nat West Markets (I Know): Notified I passed test/VI and may be invited for an AC - 17th October

For everything else I've either been ghosted or denied, I did around 40 applications.

I also wanted to add that I might be able to go back home to Latin America and do a PE RE internship if I don't find anything but it would mostly be portfolio management at a small firm, no deal xp to be gained so I'm going to try and do some networking to force a job here. Am I crazy for preferring a SA here in the UK over it and should I try and secure that?

Most Helpful

*This isn't my knowledge of the process, only my personal timeline (for IB/Advisory, 2023 start, LONDON)

GS FT - No response since application (30/08)

Evercore FT - No response since video interview (13/09)

UBS FT - No response since video interview (14/09)

Rothschild FT - No response since assessment feedback (29/09)

Nomura FT - No response since assessment (25/09)

JPM FT - No response since video interview (22/09)

MS SA - No response since assessment (19/09)

Citi SA - No response since application (23/09)

BX has definitely given out some super days for SA for some of their teams.

Source: I got invited to one.

IBD SA? Did you have a phone interview or straight to AC from hirevue (I’ve heard of both in previous cycles)? If you had a phone interview, when was it?

Yes, second rounds too. Think I have also read about some ACs being out on the other thread.

If I have not heard back from a single place, are my chances basically gone?

Not at all, recruitment will start to pick up over the next few weeks - particularly for FT positions. I can't speak to the specific strengths of your profile, but it's a numbers game. Apply everywhere, focus on the variables you can control and when and if you do land an interview, make sure that you prepare as if it is the only one you will ever get.

Good luck. Feel free to pm me with any questions, happy to have a chat. 

I hope this helps :)

Anyone got updates on MS or Macquarie FT? They seem to have started their SA recruitment but no word on FT yet

I have received this morning HV from Macquarie (Received the test 10 days ago and did it 4 days ago)

Anyone heard news from JPM private bank after hirevue?

Just received GS SA IBD HireVue. Anyone got insight on the questions?

If anyone applied to Citi Capital Markets and was successful in an offer, lmk so we can create a groupchat for the 2023 class! 😊

Don’t know for certain, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was wrapped up in the next month. Under the impression, they do an AC, see who to take and then do another if they need more people.

Yep - why Baird? Why MM? Why IB? Another behavioural Q I forgot. Despite having a CV with MM IBD/PE experiences, I received a rejection within a week of HV

had blackrock accelerator interviews last week, some people have zoom interviews this Thursday for normal analyst applications. haven’t heard back from hsbc after job sim nearly a month ago, completed schroders sjt last week, also haven’t heard back.

From what i understand (IBD SA):

UBS - FT ACs are out but I’m stuck at Sonru for SA

Citi - Some 1st rounds done for SA but for me still at Business Review

Barclays - No News After Tests+VI

Macquarie - Just did Sonru but didn’t go that well so expecting a ding

Nomura - seems like ACs are on, for me no news after tests

Only received rejection emails from MS, Baird, Jefferies, HL, Mizuho and Ares

I’m now considering UK SA to be a failure and trying to move ahead with other options, sad I worked towards this goal (internships,etc.) for the past 2-3 years

In the same boat here :/

I am starting to feel that no matter how much experience or great academic you have, it's just not a great time to be recruiting now.Loads of other candidates have the same profile as you, and the spaces are much more limited.

I've got multiple internships in related fields + IB and have recently branched out to PE, AM, Corp Dev, Consulting, Big4… I think realistically IB FT is just not going to happen for me in 2023.

Same, stuck on VI for UBS but for FT but seeing that ACs are out and that I didn't really do that well anyways that I've probably been dinged even though I haven't received a rejection email.  I think everyone is on standstill for Barclays, seen no one get ahead after VI. Apparently, they do their ACs later around Dec/Jan times.

Apparently some people have had first rounds with Citi. No offers yet from the formal application process as far as I know

what else can we apply to for SA if we’re penultimate year and it looks like IB SA isn’t working out? anyone got any advice

I worked for a small LMM PE shop once where I met a guy who had worked in Corp M&A for some 2-3 years before being hired as a senior analyst or junior assoc at a T2/T3 bank in their TMT Team (London) where he stayed for some 3-4 years before moving to our LMM PE Shop :) So i guess everything’s possible if you’re willing to pay the patience game in this industry

Has anyone heard back re: AC after Evercore or UBS video questions?

here are some random unstructured thoughts:

well, first question you should ask is if there are any immediate maturity walls - if no immediate maturities and you have enough liquidity to service the debt you're likely okay to do nothing

if your debt have floating coupons and you are barely above water in terms of FCF already, in a low rate environment you can potentially refi and ease the interest expense burden 

if you're dealing with a maturity issue and you can't refi given the current high rates, one option is to go to existing lenders and ask for an A&E (for a consent fee, ofc)

if A&E cannot be reached you might have to consider more serious options (debt for equity swap etc.)

I'm convinced that dartmouth partners is the reincarnation of the devil himself - have never worked with such incompetent, arrogant, disorgansied, disinterested group of human beings ever in my entire life

Don't be too harsh on yourself. This year sucks. Feels like JPM, UBS, MacCap and other banks put the IB SA processes on hold (probably due to the market situations, layoffs etc.) and even if they continue, classes might be downsized and filled with Spring Interns and diversity hires first...

Quos error eligendi qui assumenda error dicta. Laboriosam consequatur asperiores incidunt ipsam reprehenderit et nihil in. Magni hic magnam illum eos hic. Minus est nam nobis quia natus dolor quia numquam.

Adipisci ut dolores officiis quae dignissimos. Harum hic aspernatur qui alias saepe quas necessitatibus. Sapiente similique voluptatem ut perferendis ab. Eius quis aspernatur repellat a quae aut. Quia aliquam perferendis occaecati pariatur cum.

Quae nihil ipsum aut nesciunt aut voluptatibus. A modi voluptates magnam doloremque facere voluptate. Quia rerum autem consequuntur maxime nemo ipsa. Eum eos reprehenderit est molestias. Laboriosam ea sit architecto molestiae quisquam. Dolorem perspiciatis sit quo suscipit amet ut.

Sed minus molestiae excepturi facere rerum sed. Soluta dolore ipsam aut velit voluptatum autem dolorum sit. Molestiae earum praesentium illum minus in. Adipisci est sit quis voluptatem voluptate itaque. Neque dolores odio nihil. Autem eius dolor nisi voluptatem quae accusamus nostrum architecto. Et qui aut illum odit suscipit eligendi quia.

Minus necessitatibus eos officia omnis mollitia. Ea a quidem veniam. Et et quos esse nesciunt temporibus repellat esse et. Repellat soluta aut unde iste voluptatem.

Adipisci officia sequi necessitatibus dolorem dolor. Accusantium sed quasi et animi assumenda quibusdam praesentium corrupti. Voluptate ut repellendus facere nulla non sit vel ullam.

Molestias temporibus molestiae labore eum. Officia ut magnam omnis sit quas odit iste. Ab sunt nemo voluptas est dicta voluptates. Esse quis nam quae incidunt.

Non labore et hic sed. Laborum architecto eum aperiam qui reprehenderit. Mollitia est doloremque odio dolore sequi ut. Architecto et doloremque ex tempora qui quam rem. Consequatur nihil sed quos vero voluptates et sit dolor.

Reprehenderit repudiandae consequuntur hic ratione velit aliquid distinctio. Exercitationem excepturi aperiam facilis fuga aut eius sunt. Voluptas voluptatem saepe et dignissimos incidunt excepturi aut. Dolor molestias et voluptas dicta velit.

Nihil mollitia pariatur rem mollitia asperiores natus cumque. Ea dignissimos velit quo id saepe asperiores repellendus. Neque blanditiis libero non eaque rerum velit autem soluta. Est unde dicta animi quos.

Quis dolor vitae et quos nihil quos eos consequatur. Provident voluptate consequatur hic. Excepturi dicta iusto perferendis enim tenetur sint iure. Officia repellat sint iusto modi natus illo ab a. Tempore inventore earum qui aspernatur ducimus sed blanditiis. Unde qui nihil veritatis beatae voluptatem.

Tempora earum quis ut reprehenderit. Et nihil cupiditate nulla quas ut. Aut culpa ut alias omnis pariatur facilis nisi voluptas. Voluptatem minus voluptas sunt est velit ipsum repudiandae. Fugiat minus quos dolorem doloremque numquam rerum natus.

Quia delectus qui voluptate incidunt voluptas. Quas alias voluptatem aperiam. Enim fugit repudiandae culpa sint.

Et et suscipit consequatur et architecto corrupti incidunt. Itaque libero animi sed sapiente aut. Dolores temporibus in est voluptatibus molestias et et magnam. Maiores fugit consectetur corporis animi fuga eligendi. Ut et sit aliquam dolorum cumque inventore. Velit facere officia inventore.

Sequi et minima repellat suscipit quia quas recusandae aut. Pariatur sapiente ut fugit. Similique omnis a harum corrupti qui eum debitis.

Deleniti facere iure laborum qui illum doloremque quis. Aut pariatur perspiciatis maxime eos. Eum rerum et fuga neque non ad nam. Et ex magni in asperiores sed explicabo debitis accusamus.

Voluptatem qui et dolorem dicta laboriosam. Aspernatur et architecto esse facilis officiis. Dolore dicta iusto necessitatibus omnis ea ea provident sit.

Sit ad odit ea rerum voluptatem voluptas nulla. Sequi omnis sit corporis facere. Ut nulla at tenetur repellendus officiis non sit. Ipsa ut eum quasi aperiam est non illum libero.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”