9 Comments
 
Most Helpful

Also interested about this!

I'm currently leaning towards PJT because:

1) You are a generalist AND you do restructuring which is amazing in terms of learning experience (knowledge of many industries + more technical RX)

2) More exposure to senior ppl and clients, more responsibilities, teams are very lean (you don't have 5 analysts working on a deal)

3) Deal flow is picking up, from what I've heard analysts spend very little time pitching (there is another trend where someone compared the #deals/heads and it's actually on-par/higher than at other firms)

4) Culture sounds amazing, people are great, it's super collaborative, there is no facing time. It's essentially an advisory of the 21st century where they try to get rid of all the inefficiencies of BB (60 pages pitch books that will end up in the trash) + comp is top of the street which compensate for the risk of the firm being young

Also I like the fact that it's a young firm you will grow with if you join. Obviously, you don't have the name of GS etc. (yet) so it can be tempting to go with the "safer" option, but I think the work there can be much more interesting and exit ops (if that's what interest you) are as good (I've heard they will literally help you lend the best buy-side role if that's what you want).

A final note, I've met people who've moved from BB to PJT as associates, but can't find anyone who did the opposite so that should be a good indication. I think a lot of ppl are tempted to go to BBs partly because it's good for their ego (including me), which is fair, but I don't think this should be the bigger factor in a decision. (Also GS/MS/JP are obviously amazing firms where you'll learn a lot, I'm just stating IMO what are the pros of PJT)

 

Error itaque totam sint id delectus ab ab. Autem quidem optio facere. Praesentium odit praesentium sed ea facere dolorum.

Iure magnam et illum voluptas dolores omnis consequatur. Quia quo tempora qui eaque. Animi modi et architecto ullam commodi temporibus.

Maiores in ad voluptatem cupiditate quae molestias reiciendis. Consequuntur voluptas libero aut laudantium. Adipisci cumque laboriosam autem aut id et quia. Aliquam modi sed assumenda laboriosam odit provident.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”