How difficult would it be to lateral from a boutique to an EB/BB?
How much more difficult would it be to lateral from a boutique to an EB/BB after completing a 3 year analyst program? Would I have to lateral as an analyst to be competitive or would I be closer to the As1 lateral promote? Would it hurt/pigeon hole me to stay in the lower middle market for too long?
1) Has anyone made the jump or know someone that did?
2) Are there any difficulties during the interview process? How much networking should one do prior? Or is a recruiter and an application enough?
3) How did your old firm take it?
4) How important are highlighting key transactions? Should you include the highest dollar value deals or more industry focused deals?
5) How to make yourself standout to certain teams like tech/industrials/healthcare if you're coming from a generalist boutique?