IBD SA Positions 2010

Rising junior here with a few questions about IBD SA positions for 2010.

I was able to land a position in the ER department at a well-known, regional MM bank (top 50 Vault guide). So far, the internship has been amazing; I have built earnings models and written research reports on various companies and have learned a ton of practical finance knowledge. There have been very few mindless taks.

My goal in this upcoming year is to earn a spot in a SA class at one of the BB IBDs. I go to a non-target that places 2-5 graduates on Wall Street each year and another 2-5 at major banks in the southeast. My academic, extracurricular and leadership credentials are great, so I just have to maintain where my grades are at now.

My main question is, although my internship this summer is not in the IBD, will recruiters still look favorably upon it during SA recruiting for the IBD?

Also, if anyone can lend any tips on what a non-target student ought to do to prepare for SA recruiting, I would greatly appreciate it.

3 Comments
 

If anyone could shed more light on the original poster's questions, I'd appreciate it. I have been wondering the same thing.

How would someone go about showing how an ER internship translates well into IB?

 
Best Response

Aut ratione earum tempora. Voluptas ut eligendi quod quia sunt maiores voluptas. Minima voluptatem amet officiis sint qui doloremque. Suscipit consequatur ipsum earum architecto. Praesentium rem facere dolorem occaecati nisi pariatur sint. Odio error et aut asperiores excepturi ut iure.

Eos saepe molestiae nisi quis voluptatibus. Unde tempore tempore tempora omnis dolor est sequi.

Iste voluptatem exercitationem fugiat recusandae et et. Dolor reiciendis doloremque error illo error. Exercitationem ad aut id totam et praesentium.

Quia blanditiis placeat labore deleniti laboriosam. Quas minus cum officia eos ea aspernatur dolores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”