Most Helpful

this is absurdly off base, you are overstating EB's in the UK and understating the middle tier BBs.

rankings are stupid, as each bank has their own unique strengths and weaknesses, but here is what i think as far as reputation (current a1 at one of the banks you consider Tier 1.5/Tier2)

tier 1: ms/gs/jpm/evr/pjt tier 2: baml/citi/laz tier 3: cs/barc/pwp/moco ldn tier 4: ubs/db/greenhill

the EB's are not what they are in the states, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and are probably an undergrad that has read too many of the rankings and banter from the kids at nyu on this forum

Generally, correct but some issues/points to consider: - Evercore really is not that strong in London, both from a deal flow and exit perspective (class size approaching 15-20 for basically no/very little EU-centric headline deal flow, basically no strong LBO exits so far); will have to build country/region-specific expertise to fully compete in Europe -> atm nowhere near tier 1 and probably also a notch below tier 2 - PJT is defintely extremly reputable but it is still a notch below GS/MS/JPM; additionally, from I was told by headhunters, their main strenght lies in RX meaning that most top exits have such an angle (e.g. Oaktree); good place to be but make sure that you are also very interested in debt/distressed/ss since LBO exits can be trickier (although obviously still observable as quality of people is generally very high) - RS goes in tier 2 (imo, pretty similar standing to Lazard) - While tier 3 and 4 seems pretty spot on, note that CS actually had really strong exits for the entirety of the last decade in London and is still perceived very favourably by HHs -> therefore, purely for exits, I would bump CS up to tier 2 (but with a negative momentum)

I agree 100%

Felt a little dirty putting EVR/PJT up there with GS/MS/JP. I considered where CS was headed when I put them in T3, can definitely see them in T2 with Roths as well. Great observations

OP: Kenny Poshman XII

• Went to Winchester School
  • Got dinged from Oxbridge and had to settle for Imperial, plans to do his MSc Finance at LSE
  • Daddy works at Moelis LDN but hasn't spoken to him in 3 months because he is disappointed in his pathetic child
  • Is involved in every finance society at uni and is known by everyone for being a cringe level tryhardo
  • Holds an offer from a bank in Tier 3 on his list but scoffs at anyone not working in Tier 1 on anonymous forums
  • Thinks people give a fuck where he works, hence the insecurity about firm rankings

I actually went to Merchants Taylor Norwood. Please get it right.

Nothing. Their RSSG is top tier, in contention as the best RX group on the street.

Their M&A practice is grossly overhyped tho, it is not on par with EVR/CVP or even Lazard M&A. Amazing shop w/ great reputation, but it is not up there with GS/MS/JPM, which is what OP should have made his T1 if he wanted to be accurate. (even then, in the UK CVP/EVR are not what they are in the states, so OP should have left them out of t1/t1.5; the BB's dominate market share much more in the UK)

Assumenda quasi iste quia a. Sapiente nemo libero eum amet provident.

Consequuntur assumenda voluptate harum. A aliquid harum est sint. Non eum provident praesentium voluptatem doloremque magni. Alias rerum et placeat animi. In culpa et tenetur tenetur.

Omnis molestias omnis cumque dolores. Maxime voluptas dolor aut ratione. Cupiditate vero nihil sunt aliquam quae eum unde temporibus. Animi dolore magni quod ea vel ut qui molestiae.

Quia ipsum ut harum laboriosam dolor. Quis dolorem et suscipit iste est minima. Omnis expedita voluptatem ducimus ullam qui incidunt nemo. Et possimus asperiores aperiam repudiandae quis. Voluptate doloribus dolor nemo omnis perspiciatis laborum iure. Eveniet aspernatur ut eos ad amet similique. Maxime velit magni quia quaerat in.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”