Moving from S&T to IBD
I currently work on a corporate credit desk within S&T at a BB (GS/JP) and I am looking to move to an IBD or GCM position. How common is this within BB's? Is it more common to move within the bank or switch banks? Any advice?
I currently work on a corporate credit desk within S&T at a BB (GS/JP) and I am looking to move to an IBD or GCM position. How common is this within BB's? Is it more common to move within the bank or switch banks? Any advice?
| +232 | UBS preparing for a October Layoff Massacre | 188 | 1d |
| +174 | A Message to Students Who Think this Job Will Fix Their Life | 25 | 7h |
| +137 | Work and Suicide | 47 | 5h |
| +51 | Interns without return offers, careers & perspective | 2 | 1h |
| +48 | Do actual investment bankers despise IB TikTokers as much as I think they do? | 28 | 3d |
| +41 | UBS IB Balance Sheet Set to take a Hit | 10 | 17h |
| +41 | Are all these UBS postings bullshit? | 7 | 3h |
| +27 | I'm in love with my MD | 7 | 1h |
| +26 | If Investment Banks Were Divorced Dads | 8 | 17h |
| +26 | My grandma thinks I work at a Chase branch | 5 | 7h |
Career Resources
Let's trade ?
why do u wanna switch?
i made the move, from S&T to IBD/GCM...starting on monday...PM me
I've seen it happen through business school or by working at a firm focused on retaining and developing junior resources which includes supporting internal moves after a couple years of solid performance.
S&T associate to IB? (Originally Posted: 06/28/2015)
Hi everyone!
I'm a first year FX S&T associate at a top BB. I want to move to investment banking (preferably M&A).
IB associate positions all seem to require IB-like experience.
Without an MBA do I have no choice but to start as a analyst?
what are my options?
Would a capital markets (ECM/DCM) role make more sense than M&A? Just a thought.
In my personal experience, it's very difficult to leverage an S&T SA role into IB full time. I imagine it would be harder down the road.
BB S&T -> Wait for IB opportunity or jump to smaller firm? (Originally Posted: 09/03/2013)
As the title suggests, I'm at a BB in a S&T group. I wanted to do IB when I got out of school, but the opportunities just weren't there. Though I'm only a few months in, I hate it and want the jump into IB. So, should I:
Wait until bonus time to see if I can get a transfer. Pro: BB IB and would be an internal recruit Con: Boss could hate the idea and get shunned at my current role
Network with smaller IB firms and try to get an analyst role. Pro: Would be quicker than waiting for a role at my BB Con: Unknown name and smaller deal sizes
I'm already networking with smaller firms and getting a decent response, but haven't reached out to those in IB at my current firm in fear of word spreading.
Any advice is appreciated, especially from those who have been in a similar situation.
bump
Et voluptatem beatae rem expedita. Cupiditate ut ad cupiditate voluptatem aut soluta aut iure. Et officia ab vero. Explicabo minus fuga dolorum quia quod. Doloribus qui sed in ratione dolorem voluptas aliquid.
Quaerat et commodi provident rem veniam ducimus quia. Molestiae voluptas rerum occaecati officiis occaecati. Eum facilis recusandae nesciunt accusantium. Aut aut atque vel cum in nam vero.
Rem vel laborum ut. Iusto voluptate et exercitationem asperiores quis dignissimos doloribus.
Non iusto odio harum nam beatae voluptatem optio. Omnis et ipsa asperiores.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...