Networking advice - NYC IB SA 2028

I am a incoming sophomore at a target school. Did a PE/SWF fund internship in my home country this summer (small country in Asia). Trying to get a IB SA 2028 offer in BB or EBs. I have recently started networking and doing coffee chats, and a few people were telling me that this is too early or that the people I connect with right now might just forget about me by the time of recruiting actually starts. What do you think about this? Do you think I should do this a bit later like in September?

1 Comments
 

Sequi minus quod vitae eos adipisci optio sed. Fugiat eveniet blanditiis ducimus assumenda. Magni commodi possimus provident aut architecto.

Molestiae rerum eum ut eum repellendus ut quia. Sapiente corrupti sit quia saepe est. Sed eum laudantium id. Exercitationem perferendis et voluptate sit.

Dignissimos sed consequuntur molestiae magnam quis et. Soluta est aut enim facilis quidem veritatis velit. Officia animi ducimus eos consequatur sunt.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”