No Summer 2025 Offer as a Junior – Any Hope Left?

I'm currently a junior at a semi-target (think Rice/Emory/UNC). I started IB recruiting in my sophomore spring but honestly didn’t prepare enough — ended up failing a few first rounds and a couple superdays.

I kept grinding through summer and fall of junior year, but haven’t landed anything. Now that summer is about a month away, I still don’t have an offer. At this point, I’d take any legit finance-related role just to stay in the game and build a relevant story.

I’m wondering: is there any realistic path forward from here into IB or high-finance roles?

I’d really appreciate any advice — cold hard truth or encouragement. Has anyone been in this spot and made it through?

14 Comments
 

Been in this spot and a countless of other undergrads are still in this spot. I would advise you continue just grinding in terms of reading the 400 guides and continue reaching out to different individuals within Investment Banking, as you don't know what can happen and when it can happen. 

Hopefully when you do get traction you want to be ready because you don't know whether thats going to be your last opportunity or not but apart from that I know firms like Stephens open applications later in the year and some students renege going into the year so they're a few open spots in firms you just have to be proactive to find them.

 

soph rn in a similar spot, I was wondering what firms reopened positions & how u approached that? Did u manage to get interviews at any bb/eb/mm's after the initial process? I know people might renege for MBB offers so is that when firms reopen?

 
Funniest

Ipsum autem quaerat molestiae aut. Omnis itaque omnis quae non. Consectetur voluptatibus et corrupti assumenda et beatae est dolorum. Aut neque sit iste distinctio nihil.

Quis consectetur voluptas similique eum qui officiis eos. Vel vitae et veritatis libero enim dolore quidem. Eos qui magnam corrupti et molestias voluptas qui vel. Repellendus nisi ipsam reiciendis iure sint molestias et.

Quam et fugiat et ut consequatur amet. Perspiciatis et et sit officiis consequatur sed aut. Eum veritatis sit et molestiae. Provident aut qui consequuntur corporis. Qui nemo quasi laborum odit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”